Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: After 7 years, I'm gonna say goodbye to the 328i

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab

German/Nürburging holiday and M3 updates. (see last page).

Never expected this to happen. It was going to be a keeper for life, but I guess you can never look so much into the future.

And welcome new friend

All original keys

All the goodies and stuff will be transplanted to the M3.

This should be an indication of the end result.

Last edited by MParallel; 09-22-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: trouble getting tags right...
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    E36
    OMG!!!!

Congrats!!

I was really worried when I saw your post...but I think it's okay now
    Last edited by Moron95M3; 05-10-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1994 Alpina B3 3.0
    Nice upgrade!

My Cars
    99 323 vert
    gorgeous!!!!!

My Cars
    93 325is winter package
    I thought the woorst ... congrats on the m3, its beautiful

hope I made the right choice in chassis transition ... sigh, I miss my miata

My Cars
    94 M-tech, 91 Vette
    Solid upgrade
    Premier Detailing
    1994 325is M-Technic

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    Upgrade!!! =)

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Still can't believe you grabbed that. Now I'm going to have to turbo mine to one up you. Jk big time Congrats you son of a b.

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    I was going to yell at you initially, but now I can only weep for joy!

Congrats dude!!! We look forward to what will come
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Wow, just wow. now you have a "real" M3. LOL

I'm kinda shocked that you went white.

are you swapping the BBK to the M3? So, are there any items that you're not going to swap over that would be too big of a hassle? I assume the white one has black interior? I couldn't imagine you with anything else.

Congrats.
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    nil
    Nice, best of luck with it, many happy and safe kms. It's a lot of car for the $$. Looks like it's in nice shape. Again, congrats.
    regards

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5
    ah, so you got yourself a real m3, not like the watered down, limp-wristed version we got with way less performance.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpgoalie View Post
    Still can't believe you grabbed that. Now I'm going to have to turbo mine to one up you. Jk big time Congrats you son of a b.
    . It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I had to act. It has less than 1/3rd the milage my 328i has and the interior is flawless. I mean factory new. It's rediculous and still can't believe it when I sit in it. I have a very high standard considering my 328i's interior, but this is just something else.

I could've opted for an E46 M3 (with double the milage) but my heart is with the E36. Also I wanted a vert and the E46 M3 vert is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Wow, just wow. now you have a "real" M3. LOL

I'm kinda shocked that you went white.

are you swapping the BBK to the M3? So, are there any items that you're not going to swap over that would be too big of a hassle? I assume the white one has black interior? I couldn't imagine you with anything else.
    Congrats.
    Lol yeah. Now I have some weight to put in the 332i discussion

The 328i BBK doesn't fit the M3 3.2 hub, maybe with another bracket, but I will probably sell it to get some money back from the M3 purchase.
    The M3 brakes feel very good and they already have are the nice "Euro" 2 piece floaters.

Yes full black interior, you are right, it had to be. It's nappa instead of the base montana leather in the 328i and it's flawless.

White sure is something else. You now actuallyget to see all the accents from the mouldings, diffuser, doorhandles and grills. Gives a complete different look. I wanted either black, white or estoril, with jo favorite, although white is a very hot color at the moment.
    This one happened to be white. Looks very fresh when clean.

The option list:

Transmission MECH
    Colour ALPINWEISS 3 (300)
    Upholstery Leather Nappa/SCHWARZ (N5SW)

Options
    S243A Airbag for front passenger
    S260A Side airbag for driver/passenger
    S302A Alarm system
    S354A Windscreen, green-tinted upper strip
    S380A Hardtop-preparation
    S388A Softtop, black
    S395A Rollover protection system
    S399A Softtop, electromech. all-autom.
    S423A Floor mats velours
    S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
    S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
    S441A Smoker package
    S464A Ski bag
    S473A Armrest front
    S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
    S498A Headrests mechanically adjustable, rear
    S502A Headlight cleaning system
    S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
    S510A Headlight vertical aim control
    S528A Automatic Air Recirculation (AUC)
    S534A Automatic air conditioning
    S540A Cruise control
    S554A On-board computer V with remote control
    S773A Fine wood trim
    S793* SMG gearbox
    L801A National version Germany/Austria
    S863A Dealer List Europe
    S879A On-board literature, German
    S915A Omission of outer-skin preservation

Standard equipment
    S209A Differential lock 25%
    S246A Manually adjust. steering column
    S314A Door mirror, driver lock, heated
    S411A Window lifts,electric,front/rear
    S481A Sports seat
    S520A Fog lights
    S542A Check Control
    S548A Kilometre speedo
    S710A M sports steering wheel, multifunction

Yes it has the SMG(1) box. Not everyones choice, but I'm a sucker for old tech and I just love the display.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    OBC with remote???? Remote? WTF?

are the heated sport seats power too?
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    OBC with remote???? Remote? WTF?

are the heated sport seats power too?
    Yes that's how BMW calls it. That's just the BC button on the indicator stalk.

Nope, mandraulic seats. But my 328i electric frames are easily swapped, just like I did with the 328i seats some years ago.
    The cushion and complete back frame+foam+leather swap over in one piece on the 1995+ frames.

I'm the 4th owner and first Dutch owner as I imported the car from Germany, the last place to find such examples.

It's my phobia, but I wanted an original German edition, so all labels and stickers etc are in German. There's also small differences. For example, German cars don't have a lock in the passenger's door.

Another interesting thing is that theoption list hasn't got any mention of a headunit/soundsystem option, not even under standard options.
    This is interesting as the car does not have the usual aerial on the right back of the trunk. It's very plausible this car left the factory without a soundsystem or maybe only the wiring.
    I do like the stock aerial normally, but if this "smooth" trunk is a rare factory "option", I'm keeping it like this.

Currently it has a Bosch "sticker" aerial on the right side of the windshield.

Plan is to fit my retrofitted to the 328i Harman/Kardon system to the M3.

IG:

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Um, wtfffff? You still haven't signed up on M registry yet...

My Cars
    03 540i
    Like everyone else I was a bit worried coming into this thread. All is fine now, Congrats on the new car!

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpgoalie View Post
    Um, wtfffff? You still haven't signed up on M registry yet...
    I don't see the benefit in that

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Yes that's how BMW calls it. That's just the BC button on the indicator stalk.

Nope, mandraulic seats. But my 328i electric frames are easily swapped, just like I did with the 328i seats some years ago.
    The cushion and complete back frame+foam+leather swap over in one piece on the 1995+ frames.

I'm the 4th owner and first Dutch owner as I imported the car from Germany, the last place to find such examples.

It's my phobia, but I wanted an original German edition, so all labels and stickers etc are in German. There's also small differences. For example, German cars don't have a lock in the passenger's door.

Another interesting thing is that theoption list hasn't got any mention of a headunit/soundsystem option, not even under standard options.
    This is interesting as the car does not have the usual aerial on the right back of the trunk. It's very plausible this car left the factory without a soundsystem or maybe only the wiring.
    I do like the stock aerial normally, but if this "smooth" trunk is a rare factory "option", I'm keeping it like this.

Currently it has a Bosch "sticker" aerial on the right side of the windshield.

Plan is to fit my retrofitted to the 328i Harman/Kardon system to the M3.
    Okay, that makes sense. Would you believe that with as many features as my M3 has that I didn't have the 18 button OBC and actually had to retrofit that in? Luckily I had the 18 in one of my 328's and I stole the OBC and the push button stalk from the 328 to transplant into the M3.

Glad to hear you'll be swapping the power seats frames. great plan. You might as well keep the HK system for your new one, you put a ton of work into sourcing all those components. Although how can you have the HK AND the ski bag at the same time??? LOL.

My M3 doesn't have a radio antenna either. But I think that's because when that fender was replaced, that the previous owner chose to go with a coupe rear fender and eliminate the hole for the clean shaved look. I would imagine that yours could have been built from the factory with the coupe style fender. Did you check the VIN number on that rear fender to make sure it was OEM?

www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    E36
    so does it have a radio in it currently?

Interesting!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    saturn
    One thing in life that is definite, You can always catch Mpar in an e36 vert. Keep us updated! It'll be interesting to see how the car feels on the ring!

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    so does it have a radio in it currently?

Interesting!
    Yes, hence the windshield antenna...

Tray: the vert rear fender is totally different from all other model E36's. Verts are flat from the rear window to end of trunk and is much longer than the trunklid of coupd or saloon. These are also angled down.

A friend of mine asked his local BMW dealer that he visits like 3 times a week and confirmed it's possible to order a car with no radio.

On every option list so far I have always seen a head unit/cd changer listed.

This weekend I will remove the trunk liner and see if there are any signs of bodywork performed. I'd like to remove the windshield antenna and use an OEM bumper antenna.

Interesting fact 2: the first owner was a 72 years old man! What a hero. I guess he wanted one last nice car and he picked an M3 vert in Alpine White!

This could also explain the choice for the SMG box as it has a full auto-mode.

Not sure if he past away or just found it too much, but the next owner got it only 2 years later. Last owner whom I bought it from owned it since 2005, was garaged and only used April-September. He bought a new Merc CLK V8 vert with 400+ bhp, so the M3 was obsolete.

IG:

My Cars
    95' 328i 2dr / 00' 728iL
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Like everyone else I was soooooooo worried

But That's even better than a 328i it's the real 3.2 321 HP ///M3

Congrats Mparallel I wish you all the best

I didn't see any pics for the interior

If you could please make lots of pics for the car that would be awesome

Also how does it feet compared to the 328i in terms of speed ?

Are you going to put the coilovers ? I hope so

Good luck i'm very excited

95 E36 316i coupe
    M52B28 swap, Electric heated leather sport seats, Mtech steering wheel, Mtech bumpers, PDC, Illuminated gearknob, Chromeline interior, 4300K Bixenon ( Hella evox-r ), Koni Str.t/Eibach prokit, Eibach swaybars, Z3 steering rack, 17" BBS RC304, Michelin pilot sport tires

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    I imported it only last wednesday, so it takes a week before I get the new papers so I can have the new license plates made.
    So far I only have the testdrive when I looked at the car the first time. I can say, wow and I didn't even touch 4k. The sound alone is so nice. Nothing loud, not at all, but agressive. Steering geometry is different as well, even though my 328i has the M3 3.0 setup.

Can't wait to takes this to the Nürburgring this summer.

IG:

My Cars
    E46 ZHP | AA Turbo E36
    Damn...absolutely beautiful!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast