Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My new e21 drift build

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Damage looks fixable at least.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Damage looks fixable at least.
    Its not too bad actually. The fender should straighten pretty good. The flare is still in one piece. The Fiberglass guy saw my post on FB and offered to send a new lip for free, so he is amazing for that. The only things mechanically that were damaged mechanically is the lollipop bolts sheared off (so easy fix), the tank is leaking and the tire is dead. Also I barely got to look at it yesterday but I noticed that the floor of my trailer has what appears to be a large puddle of PS fluid.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Looks like you got off lucky. Just hope that wheel isn't bent. I don't always mind a bent rear, but bent fronts can be super bad.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Here's a couple good shots from before the day went bad... I love these because there is actually a bit of smoke. lol

just read this thread start to finish, i was looking forward to seeing an e21 with e36 suspension and motor (buddy and i have an e21 with s13 subframes and a turbo ka24de ready to go in it at the shop) but very cool build, its great to see a big project like this make it back on the road. we've all had our share of projects that never see the light of day again. well done!

My Cars
    82 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by e46phillip View Post
    just read this thread start to finish, i was looking forward to seeing an e21 with e36 suspension and motor (buddy and i have an e21 with s13 subframes and a turbo ka24de ready to go in it at the shop) but very cool build, its great to see a big project like this make it back on the road. we've all had our share of projects that never see the light of day again. well done!
    do you have a build thread ?

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Dropped this thing off with Andrew Lewis over the weekend. He is building the last big piece of the puzzle for me.
    Jungle Gym construction has begun. Should have it back in a few days, with 6-point cage installed.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Where is he located? I will be looking to get a cage done either later this year or early next year.
    IG: allen_union

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by abest521 View Post
    Where is he located? I will be looking to get a cage done either later this year or early next year.
    He is down in Berkley. With him its all about his work and drift schedule. He said he's not really planning on driving FD this year though. He is very fast and great price though. Most places I talked to told me 2-3 weeks. Andrew told me 2-3 days...

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Quote Originally Posted by audioscience10 View Post
    He is down in Berkley. With him its all about his work and drift schedule. He said he's not really planning on driving FD this year though. He is very fast and great price though. Most places I talked to told me 2-3 weeks. Andrew told me 2-3 days...
    Oh wow thats great. And he is pretty close to me. I'm taking my e46 to Mike Skudlarak tomorrow for some fab work. I will have to get into contact with Andrew next time I need some done.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by abest521 View Post
    Oh wow thats great. And he is pretty close to me. I'm taking my e46 to Mike Skudlarak tomorrow for some fab work. I will have to get into contact with Andrew next time I need some done.
    Nothing against Skuds, he is a great guy and they do great work at DDC, but his timing is horrible most of the time. He didn't even give me a timeframe for the cage. But I know he had Charbel's wagon for like 6 months. Maybe there is more to the story but I've heard a handful of stories of them taking forever for stuff.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Nothing against Skuds, he is a great guy and they do great work at DDC, but his timing is horrible most of the time. He didn't even give me a timeframe for the cage. But I know he had Charbel's wagon for like 6 months. Maybe there is more to the story but I've heard a handful of stories of them taking forever for stuff.
    Ahh gotcha. I know he does quality work. Thats why I went with the known first. Im not having him do a cage so shouldnt be that involved. But I will find out first hand.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Well I picked up my car on Thursday and couldn't be happier with the results. I spent the weekend getting the interior cleaned up and painted. I kind of love this...

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Cage looks great! But some bastard went and painted it pink on you.. Kids these days and their shenanigans.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Looks like a dissected smurf. Cage is fun town tho!

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Looks rad. Are your seats super low? Wondering how much those door bars protect
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Looks rad. Are your seats super low? Wondering how much those door bars protect
    Seats aren't super low. The top bar will be at about my waist. This is pretty much his standard setup, mainly for cars that still see street time and aren't super competitive.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    The drivetrain is back in. Almost ready for the season...

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Getting ready to put the new control arms in. I decided to change my lollipops up a bit. Going to connect them under the trans and and forward to the subframe, also going to use a piece of hose as a bushing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Cool design Nic!
    Thanks man. At this point I am making stuff that's functional but ugly on purpose. I have a very limited set of tools and everything I build is with basic tools. I use my 5" electric grinder more than anything in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Why E46 arms?

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Why E46 arms?
    These are just what was already in the car. When I put it together for real I'm going to be using my extended e36 arms. As a side note you can see in the first pic how bad I was cutting into the e46 arm. Though I am still kind of amazed by the strength, the one in the pic is the one that survived the impact that sheared my lollipop bolts and tweaked my frame rail.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Kudos for not rage quitting the chassis. Looks like it's fighting you every step of the way.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    I use my 5" electric grinder more than anything in my garage.
    I hear that!

Although I have to say that adding my DeWalt drycut changed that for me -- It was worth the money. Portaband gets a lot of use too, but nothing like the drycut saw. Of course, two of my three angle grinders still get a lot of use too, the ones with the cut off wheel and flap disc on them.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast