Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BF.c FI - Big Torque Club (>500wtq Dyno Results)

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    NEVER thought I'd be posting in this thread! Subject to approval, considering I'm more of a belt-drive guy...

My wife's new(ish) daily driver: 2016 CPO X5M with Dinan CAI, Exhaust & Stg-2 piggyback ECU. SHE found it online Thursday night about 2-1/2 hrs away. Friday morning we headed over to "take a look" at it, and Friday night I drove it back home on rural central Florida 2-lane roads. Had 15,9**-some miles when we left the dealership in Ft Pierce, and 16,078 when we got home that night.

It's substantial. For 100,000 Lb vehicle__okay, slight exageration__it certainly can move (AND turn). This is her 4th X5 ('02 4.4iS, '05 4.4iS and a 2011 35iS) but for the first time, I think this one is a keeper!

Graph (if file-size isn't too big, from Dinan's website:

D440-1647-ST2_1.jpg

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Now with more familiarity, it is after all, my wife's car, I better understand all you Big Torque/Big Horsepower guys!

I may be ruined from being able to fully enjoy any of my other cars, or anything else that comes after this one though

I have since discovered that this X5M has the full list of upgrades to qualify it as a Dinan S1 Signature vehicle; besides the aforementioned CAI, free-flow muffler & piggyback ECU (3 Dinan points apiece), it also has Dinan front lowering springs/bumpstops (the self-leveling rear air-bags apparently compensate, lowering that end 3/4" compared to the front's 5/8"; maybe that is an added function of Dinan's ECU?). That brings the point total up to twelve (12). From Dinan's website, that appears to be everything that's included to make up their Signature Series X5M.

I doubt I could ever bring myself to putting the DINAN letters on the tailgate hatch, but I do want to put their S1 serial-numbered badge under the hood__even if I'm the only one that ever sees it!

Anyway, not quite a month into ownership, and I've limited my upgrades (so far...) into replacing the fr/rr brake pads with ones that don't throw off so much black dust.

In summary, what an impressive machine! I hope that maintenance/repairs (after the warranty period) don't kill us, as this one could otherwise end up a long-term keeper!

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    NEVER thought I'd be posting in this thread! Subject to approval, considering I'm more of a belt-drive guy...

... 2016 CPO X5M with ...

D440-1647-ST2_1.jpg
    My mind raced when I saw a Randy Forbes post in the 500wtq club thread...

While impressed, also disappointed. I expected some awesome twin-screw numbers.
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    Turbo E30
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/a...9&d=1547454558

Forum Username: 93Siro
    Chassis Code: E30
    Engine: M50
    FI Type/ Size: Hybrid GT35r
    Engine Displacement: 2.8
    Compression Ratio: 9:1
    Fuel Type: E50+Meth
    Manifold Pressure: 21 PSI
    WHP: 546
    WTQ: 565 (754 nm)
    Build thread: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-or-valvetrain

My Cars
    850,76 2002 &530,84 633
    Nh y rt have k.o.i.ntyedrt fry ty Trev get

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP530 View Post
    Nh y rt have k.o.i.ntyedrt fry ty Trev get
    Interesting; I thought they spoke either English or Spanish in Texas.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345