Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HPF out of business today...?

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcdoh View Post
    Notice how quickly the hpf haters came back? It's like they disappeared, until a post about hpf doing bad and then bam! There they all are again. Interesting, they must have been watching us.

It's because the 'haters' got tired of speaking to the wind when nobody would listen. Now that they're out of business, it's a quite satisfying 'I told you so'.

My Cars
    '15 MB GL
    Yes, I see why the FI forum views OT the way they do.

Last edited by redfoot; 05-07-2013 at 10:59 PM.

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    No I don't. I claim to have no idea what so ever. All I know is HPF went out of business and claim the fault of a huge dollar scandal that went on. I won't pretend to know more. You need to read more good. I said nothing more than "I can understand how Chris may never have noticed." I do not find that unbelievable. I am a data guy.
    You got pissed off (see use of the word accuse, which is silly) when I suggested that HPF was not turning a profit, and then made some sort of inexplicable statement that seems to suggest that you don't know the difference between gross revenue, gross profit, and net profit. You made a bunch of speculation about how the fraud happened, and yet argue about what should be self evident. It's a bit of a contrast and kind of hilarious.

Edit: Fact is that I don't have any dog in this hunt. I was never in the market for an HPF kit, and they weren't built for what I would want if I did build a turbo (the torque curve reflects their hunt for peak numbers, something less important to me). The only thing that brought me in was your, uh, remarkable statements.
    Last edited by nick325xit 5spd; 05-07-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    2011 M3 Sedan
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ
    1999 323i GTS2
    1995 M3 - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is
    1989 M3 - S54B32/GS6-37BZ

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX

My Cars
    88' Unicorn
    Popcorn:

Originally Posted by cobrajames
    It's a 328is but it has m's all over it what does that mean?

Your car has multiple personality disorder- "Butters Stoch"

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by nick325xit 5spd View Post
    You got pissed off (see use of the word accuse, which is silly) when I suggested that HPF was not turning a profit, and then made some sort of inexplicable statement that seems to suggest that you don't know the difference between gross revenue, gross profit, and net profit. You made a bunch of speculation about how the fraud happened, and yet argue about what should be self evident. It's a bit of a contrast and kind of hilarious.

Edit: Fact is that I don't have any dog in this hunt. I was never in the market for an HPF kit, and they weren't built for what I would want if I did build a turbo (the torque curve reflects their hunt for peak numbers, something less important to me). The only thing that brought me in was your, uh, remarkable statements.
    Nick325xit I am so not mad that I didn't even bother reading past your first 4 words. Have a good one!

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndoggy View Post

It's because the 'haters' got tired of speaking to the wind when nobody would listen. Now that they're out of business, it's a quite satisfying 'I told you so'.
    What 'I told you so'? I never bought any of their products. Neither did most of this forum. Who are you telling so? Lol each other? The three of people who bought hpf products on bfc are sure telling each other.

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Yes, I see why the FI forum views OT the way they do.

Hahahahaha

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Nick325xit I am so not mad that I didn't even bother reading past your first 4 words. Have a good one!
    I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how HPF was making a profit and went out of business. And we all know that anyone who claims to have stopped reading a comment written about them is lying.
    Last edited by nick325xit 5spd; 05-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    2011 M3 Sedan
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ
    1999 323i GTS2
    1995 M3 - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is
    1989 M3 - S54B32/GS6-37BZ

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    What 'I told you so'? I never bought any of their products. Neither did most of this forum. Who are you telling so? Lol each other? The three of people who bought hpf products on bfc are sure telling each other.

The 'I told you so' to the dumbasses that rode HPF's nuts thinking they built some awesome product. They built garbage, and like other vendors here that I'll currently leave un-named, used their customers as product beta testers and took advantage of them 1 too many times. Good riddance. Lets just hope he stays out of the BMW market. This is a win-win for EVERYBODY - except those who were dumb enough to buy their crap in the first place.

My Cars
    a few e30s

The 'I told you so' to the dumbasses that rode HPF's nuts thinking they built some awesome product. They built garbage, and like other vendors here that I'll currently leave un-named, used their customers as product beta testers and took advantage of them 1 too many times. Good riddance. Lets just hope he stays out of the BMW market. This is a win-win for EVERYBODY - except those who were dumb enough to buy their crap in the first place.
    Oh well in that case then go ahead... .

Told you so! I feel better, anyone else want in on this? Lol silly humans.

My Cars
    Lime Green Stud
    Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    pure brilliance. This should be in your signature. How awesome it would be if everyone had to read this thread as a reminder of just how human and flawed we are regardless the confidence we have in our own position or words.
    Thanks.. just being honest. I haven't met many BMW owners that didn't have an ego. That's why they buy them. That old joke about a porcupine and a BMW driver... I mean hell, I built an 800 WHP lime green convertible. I figured my ego was never in question.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well in that case then go ahead... .

Told you so! I feel better, anyone else want in on this? Lol silly humans.
    As much as I feel bad for those who lost their jobs, those who are now in the dark about orders that were pending etc.. There is a slight feeling of joyfull irony and closure on the matter, at least for me.
    ProEFI/SAAD Racing, Worlds Fastest E46 M3 Vert

My Cars
    Driveway Full
    Very few rode their nuts on this forum. The majority "hated" on them and shit on everything they did no matter what it was. Go back in the archives and read their first post. "NO, the s54 can't be turbo, DV has too many variables, it's too high compression, 30+ psi is impossible". I may question certain circumstances with customers, and even helped out of my pocket through my business to right some wrongs, but I'll never question the impact they had on the S54 turbo community. Calling them names and assuming their entire business practice shows poor tact. Something I've noticed from the hivemind mentality from this group.

I personally promote any business willing to step up in the FI game. Active, Dinan, MaxPSI, VF, ICS, ESS, and others have a ton of balls catering to the group. One mistake, one thing you don't personally agree with, or one bad transaction and you're ridiculed by tons of people. You do remember ICS being banned and shunned until recently, right? Looks like MaxPSI and Mike with Nick G are doing extremely well, so from that standpoint I'm happy to see their thriving business doing right. However, seeing another company lose employees and everything else is sad no matter which way you slice it. So how about we cut the bullshit, possibly be enlighten with what actually happened, and hope for more competition in the turbo S54 world? In the mean time those who don't know might want to shut the fuck up. That's exactly why I won't be responding to this thread until details are unraveled.

My Cars
    1998 M3 AA St 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsykes View Post
    A headache.. that's why I sold the car. It was my money to burn, not sure why you care.
    Should have went hpf.

Sent from the vortex of my Rotrex

360+rwhp

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Well isn't this a turn of events! A lot of speculation in this thread that I don't care to get into, but it's definitely an entertaining read. At the end of the day I respect what HPF did for the community, and it's a shame to see this happen. I feel for their employees and customers...

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Does this mean Fallon is available?

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    Does this mean Fallon is available?
    As their highest creditor ForcefedM3 has acquired the rights to her as well. LOL

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    lolz.....
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    VW TDI and Dodge Dart
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman View Post
    Unfortunately the lack of diversification of product (basically building your whole biz on a turbo kit for a single platform) and other areas of either mismanagement or inexperience led to their demise.
    The E46 turbo kit was one of their flagship items, but they sold a lot of other items. They carried our MSPNP line, for example, which was for significantly older stuff (and a lot of it was for non-BMW applications).

As for how much inventory they seemed to have on the website - it's possible only a fraction of it was physically in stock. They might simply have had it drop shipped from other sources, as this is pretty easy to set up.
    Matt Cramer
    1997 BMW 328i convertible, 1972 Chevy C10 pickup, 1966 Dodge Dart slant six
    BMW - where "Why doesn't everybody build cars the way they do?" meets "Why can't they build a car the same way everyone else does it?"

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsykes View Post
    I think snail boy should stick to measuring bumpers on launch and tuning turbo cars in his driveway..
    I can respect that far more than just writing a check for someone else to do the work.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman View Post
    As their highest creditor ForcefedM3 has acquired the rights to her as well. LOL
    I am sure she has been "acquired" multiple times way before him....

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    BMWs and 'Yotas
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sloE36 View Post
    Seriously. Go to BFC OT for large suns, financial and woman advice. Come to BFC FI for actual useful FI information and expert advice for running a company. Why other websites exist is beyond me.
    You forgot drama. FI is drama for adult men.... OT is drama for late teens/early 20-somethings.
    Reigning and Longest Tenured OT President to Date

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post

Ba-Zing!

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    Katie?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Damn, I'm going to have to come back to this thread because there are just too many new posts to read.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    '13 E92 M3; '11 E82 1M..
    I'm rather ambivalent at hearing the news. I have been impressed by some of the strives in development on the E46 platform at the hands of HPF (and their contractors) while also completely baffled by Chris' online presence, ego, and routinely skirt-ish mannerisms. The loss to the community, while "saddening" will likely be unnoticed as so many other companies exist to pick up the pieces.

It has already been pointed out that HPF was slow to offer products for new (and promising) platforms, and almost routinely caught in poo-flinging, he-said, she-said exchanges on most boards. Chris should serve as a great example of how not to be the face of a company, and everyone should take a note not to make "dyno-proven" power claims with Speed (MPH)-based charts

In the local circles, it has been said that Chris was greatly in the red on the regular in support of the company, last I had been told, $200k. That's neither here nor there now.

EDIT: I'm curious what VAC will be doing with that monstrosity of a M3 (the ugly orange "track car") they had been repairing.
    Last edited by sterile stork; 05-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast