Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HPF out of business today...?

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Wow... Speechless.
    What a loss to our community, I always really looked up to the work Chris did over there. Hope him and the other employees continue to tune BMW's, it would be a complete waste of talent otherwise.

My Cars
    Lime Green Stud
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Sounds shady
    Chris spent to much money on flashy things and fueling his ego. Simple mismanagement is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed M3 View Post
    The kit now belongs to me as their highest creditor.
    You can come invest in my start-up and I'll make your money back lol.
    ProEFI/SAAD Racing, Worlds Fastest E46 M3 Vert

My Cars
    Driveway Full
    Just sad. Having $250k taken away from the bottom line is crippling for a small business. Chris, Kirk, and the rest of the crew were nothing but fantastic whenever I met them, you too Derek. Seeing any company go from main sponsors to the two major events out west to bankrupt sucks, and is only detrimental to the whole community. I hope everything works out and wish the best to those currently involved.

Derek, if you're open to ideas shoot me a PM.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsykes View Post
    chris spent to much money on flashy things and fueling his ego. Simple mismanagement is all.
    smh.

My Cars
    E30 and other misc high mileage trash
    They were great to us at the shop with great dealer pricing etc as well as support. Shit happens, hope all the employees move on to great things. Mr. Radowski just became the go to guy overnight ( not that he wasn't before) but his e46 biz should grow exponentially.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Seems like a lot of guys maybe going with stock dme's. Unless Chris opens up another shop, and picks up where he left off with HPF. Apparently someone called them up before the news got out, and he left them a 5,000 deposit over the phone. Hope he gets his monies back.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    92' 320i Coupe
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

RIP. I always had dreams of owning HPF parts.
    92' E36 Coupe 320i
    Coil overs - 17" Rondell 58 8.5"/10"
    Stroker M50B20 w/ Vanos Delete
    Miller Performance W.A.R Chip - Ebay headers - 328i Exhaust

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Wow, talk about door opening, someone just kicked the whole wall down for Max PSI, unfortunately at the expense of others

Too bad for people with kits that have no service anymore, especially recent customers...

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Big loss for the BMW community.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    e36 m3, turbo e36
    Yup buddy of mine just sent a 5k deposit for a motor build. We just finished packing the motor up sunday night and was supposed to ship monday morning.

-sold...replaced by turbo e36

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Quote Originally Posted by beeasy View Post
    Yup buddy of mine just sent a 5k deposit for a motor build. We just finished packing the motor up sunday night and was supposed to ship monday morning.
    Ship it to Linden, NJ.....

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    e36 m3, turbo e36
    On our way now ken

-sold...replaced by turbo e36

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post

Ship it to Linden, NJ.....
    +1

No check engine light, stock management and more power on a 100% stock engine!
    OLD
    E30

636whp
    1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

NEW BUILD
    335d

520whp
    635wtq
    120.51mph trap speed

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Some of you guys saying this was mismanaged must know nothing about business. In fact, this situation has been really well managed to minimize damage. A few years ago when this went down, they knew their insurance wouldn't cover it and it would take a while for the effects to show. They also knew they would have to file for 'Chapter 11' eventually. So, they acted accordingly... Minimize liquid assets.

I'd guess all that work there will be back in a few months under a different company name. Same business, different legal name.
    Last edited by mrf; 05-07-2013 at 09:42 AM.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Horsepower Fakes or Horsepower Fraud

Did I spell that wrong...?

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    Horsepower fakes
    Last edited by E36 HateR; 05-07-2013 at 11:33 AM.

My Cars
    86 325es
    I refuse to believe that a company that size could not absorb a 200k expence uless they were in serious finacial trouble to begin with. You just can't run retail company like that with millions of dollars of inventory without some amount of capital and credit to back up your purchasing power, cover facilities costs, payroll, employee benefits, taxs ect... This was just the straw that broke the camels back on an allready failing buissiness.

I will give him kudos for shutting down when he did rather than driving the company into the ground for another year on credit then declaring bankruptcy, which is of course the normal for situations like this.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    BMWs
    I feel bad for the employees

M5Hunter is offline Still has a E39 Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E39
    This is sad to see. I feel bad for those guys and I also feel bad for the e46 community. They got a lot of hate, but they were doing work. They had an impressive product and seemed to stand behind their work. Personal feelings aside, everyone has to feel like a piece of the Turbo BMW world is gone.

My Cars
    '15 MB GL
    What's the word on return of deposits and unfinished work?

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf View Post
    Some of you guys saying this was mismanaged must know nothing about business. In fact, this situation has been really well managed to minimize damage. A few years ago when this went down, they knew their insurance wouldn't cover it and it would take a while for the effects to show. They also knew they would have to file for 'Chapter 11' eventually. So, they acted accordingly... Minimize liquid assets.

I'd guess all that work there will be back in a few months under a different company name. Same business, different legal name.
    But with that much advance notice, why wouldn't you put away the money to absorb the hit once a determination came? Why would you drive your business name and reputation completely into the ground over a couple hundred thousand dollars? They were obviously turning enough work to put away that much in a couple years. The only reason they couldn't to me would be A. wayyyy too much overhead, nobody is making money or B. someone was still stuffing their pockets full and just decided to take the easy way out and do the bankruptcy deal. My guess is the business owners probably had a lifestyle they would have to give up in order to put away that cash and it didn't happen.

It's easy to armchair QB, but it seems so completely avoidable.
    Last edited by indianajames; 05-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 357i View Post
    This is sad to see. I feel bad for those guys and I also feel bad for the e46 community. They got a lot of hate, but they were doing work. They had an impressive product and seemed to stand behind their work. Personal feelings aside, everyone has to feel like a piece of the Turbo BMW world is gone.
    Sad to see for the employees. But with good skill sets they should find similar work.

In the end not a real loss to the FI community in terms of turbo choices for s54.

Prospective owners have a equally if not more impressive alternative to fill the void at a much more competitive price.

Unfortunately the lack of diversification of product (basically building your whole biz on a turbo kit for a single platform) and other areas of either mismanagement or inexperience led to their demise.

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajames View Post
    But with that much advance notice, why wouldn't you put away the money to absorb the hit once a determination came? Why would you drive your business name and reputation completely into the ground over a couple hundred thousand dollars? They were obviously turning enough work to put away that much in a couple years. The only reason they couldn't to me would be A. wayyyy too much overhead, nobody is making money or B. someone was still stuffing their pockets full and just decided to take the easy way out and do the bankruptcy deal. My guess is the business owners probably had a lifestyle they would have to give up in order to put away that cash and it didn't happen.

It's easy to armchair QB, but it seems so completely avoidable.
    I know I haven't kept up to date with everything but, is the business name really ruined? Did they steal people's money? If not, they can just claim 'it had to be done' to start with a clean slate.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    How the heck did they not notice a theft of $200k? I can see less than $25k getting missed, but anything over that would certainly fire off warning bells for me in my business.

Glad to see the guy got jail time, many times those cases don't get prosecuted.
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    BMWs
    ITT everyone knows how to manage a large, successful business.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast