Thread: M62 throttle body question

My Cars
    03 ///M5 Carbon Black

M62 throttle body question

Is it possible to remove the entire thing as one unit or do you have to separate the first intake tube (where the dsc is) and the main one? I only purchased a gasket for the manifold because I was under the impression that you didnt have to separate them. So is there anyway or do I have to order the other gasket and wait? Thanks

P.S. my engine is the pre-vanos M62, not the TU.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    They have to be separated. I only got the manifold gasket as well, but the throttle body gasket was fine so I left it. It runs a million times better than b4 so I'm assuming I did it right. If you want to wait because of the "always change a gasket rule" than wait, but mine NEEDED to be done.

My Cars
    03 ///M5 Carbon Black
    Ahh ok I figured that. I will probably go ahead and do it since I will be home this weekend only. What'd you use to get to that torx bolt on top of the intake tube?? That thing's fit SO tightly in there and the bend is odd making it difficult to get a bit in there..

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    I don't specifically recall the one your talking about but I did them all with a 1/4" drive ratchet and bit

Let me know how it went!

My Cars
    03 ///M5 Carbon Black
    Honestly I never even got to doing it. I sprayed carb cleaner all around the area where the throttle body mounts to the manifold to check for leaks and got absolutely nothing at all. I still have no idea what is making my idle so rough, it's getting frustrating

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i
    Did you do it while it was cold?