Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Day Video Thread

My Cars
    911, 95 M3

My Cars
    1986 Mercedes 190E 16V
    Uggg, that would make me nits. Was it "let your grandma drive your car" day? Not you, just everyone else out there.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Agh, passing on the straights only? Yeah, track day rules can be kinda rough in that respect it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    E30 turbo M20 at Willow Springs (WSIR).Boost is less than 10 psi that translates to around 330 whp,temperature is just shy of 100F.1:31.254 was my best time for the day,second fastest overall.
    That track looks SUPER bumpy, holy crap. You're bouncing all over in there! Nice drive though, that E30 has some serious get-up.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by onasled View Post
    Uggg, that would make me nits. Was it "let your grandma drive your car" day? Not you, just everyone else out there.
    lol! I think I need to move up to a more advanced group. It was actually kind of scary running up on people so fast through the esses, thats not somewhere you want to brake a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Agh, passing on the straights only? Yeah, track day rules can be kinda rough in that respect it appears.
    Yeah, and a lot of people were really bad about giving passing signals. :thumbsdown:
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-25-2013 at 12:59 AM.

My Cars
    325 bmw
    A few laps @ ASE (local track near Montreal) car is a BMW Ti. Having loads of fun with the car, still have a lot to learn .

My Cars
    E36 325, E36 M3, F250
    Some good video here, I need to get it back on track asap ! Thanks for all this guys.

JDMM

My Cars
    E39 M5 Racer, 97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
    CAE, nice! How do you like it?

My Cars
    Z3,E36 328
    Quote Originally Posted by betaone01 View Post
    A few laps @ ASE (local track near Montreal) car is a BMW Ti. Having loads of fun with the car, still have a lot to learn .
    Nice driving Chris !

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by thedizzle View Post
    CAE, nice! How do you like it?
    With the CAE shifter, you lose some of that drivetrain vibration through the shifter that is present with BW, AKG, and other SSKs. The throw is also much lighter than the aforementioned shifters. Having the shifter trying to force itself to dead center at all times is really nice (definitely my favorite part) for the 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 shift, but doesn't really help otherwise. I guess you could compare this shifter to electric power steering, it lacks a lot of raw feedback, but has a great deal of precision.
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-28-2013 at 10:16 AM.

My Cars
    hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post

That track looks SUPER bumpy, holy crap. You're bouncing all over in there! Nice drive though, that E30 has some serious get-up.
    Actually the track is brand new, and incredibly smooth and nice to tires!
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    1996 328i Track car
    You think those tracks are bumpy? Check these three videos out from my last three time attack events up here in Ontario Canada - the only really nice track we have is Mosport and Calabogie!

http://youtu.be/bAa9O3JYH0g

http://youtu.be/g2n6gpYLi94

http://youtu.be/S-72K2xjIgc

And much smoother at Mosport(2012)

http://youtu.be/sCPrRenNO3A
    Last edited by Nolimitz77; 06-28-2013 at 09:06 AM.

My Cars
    E39 M5 Racer, 97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
    With the CAE shifter, you lose some of that drivetrain vibration through the shifter that is present with BW, AKG, and other SSKs. The throw is also much lighter than the aforementioned shifters. Having the shifter trying to force itself to dead center at all times is really nice (definitely my favorite part) for the 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 shift, but doesn't really help otherwise. I guess you could compare this shifter to electric power steering, it lacks a lot of raw feedback, but has a great deal of precision.
    Exactly my experience too with it. I think it's impossible to miss a shift with the CAE.

My Cars
    TV M3
    a session at NJMP Lightening:

View from roll bar. It was very humid/hot and had moisture build up in the case.
    Last edited by uconnr; 06-28-2013 at 12:32 PM.

My Cars
    E36 328is, E39 M5
    My first time at Road Atlanta... had a lot of advanced drivers driving in the intermediate group... slightly annoying giving a million point by's but enjoyable. Very difficult track to learn but rewarding once you "get it".

- - - Updated - - -

Short clip... getting hit by clage... it bounced off my my mirror, then off the side of my helmet and into the trunk... you can see and hear it hit the left side view mirror. That's why I wear a full face helmet.
    Last edited by Hallatauer; 06-28-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Lime Rock Park... the most fun you can have in a mile and a half.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by thedizzle View Post
    Exactly my experience too with it. I think it's impossible to miss a shift with the CAE.
    Its certainly feasible that one could go into the wrong gear with it, but you definitely know when you're IN gear. Its easier to tell that you have selected a gear when compared to the stock shifter. All in all, I really enjoyed it on the track.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallatauer View Post
    My first time at Road Atlanta... had a lot of advanced drivers driving in the intermediate group... slightly annoying giving a million point by's but enjoyable. Very difficult track to learn but rewarding once you "get it".

Not sure if you are looking for help but I know RA well. You can drop the hammer coming over the hill and just keep your foot in it (don't lift though otherwise the back end will be coming around so just make sure no one is in front of you). Actually you can do even before the hill but I don't know your car or tires or anything. You can also take a lot more speed into 1. I basically slow in a straight line and then right back onto the gas right after turn in because once you hit the uphill you will gain grip. Keep it pinned from the time you turn in for the esses to the brake for T5.

Your lines looked pretty good and once you realize how much speed you can take in some of those corner RA becomes a thrilling track!
    Joe

My Cars
    E36 328is, E39 M5
    I definitely could have been much faster but it was my first time there. Car, E36 M3, is pretty much stock, street tires, stock brakes with PF06 pads. I was also reminding myself that once the day was done, I had to drive the car to Austin, TX. So just enjoyed the drive.
    Lime Rock Park... the most fun you can have in a mile and a half.

My Cars
    190E 2.3-16 ; 405 Mi16

More 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth videos...

Mosport:

Watkins Glen:

Summit Point:

Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    Summit Point
    Very cool car, nice drives. I noticed your times at Summit are comparable to mine in the Cortina; that would be a really cool side-by-side!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    92 Bmw 325i, Audi A4
    Hey guys, heres my contribution.

Not quite a track day but I hope no one minds, its from the local hill climb 5 mins from my house that I ran over the weekend.

My Cars
    '98 M3 IP#86, '03 M3
    Qualifying lap at Lime Rock Park

- Rob Jackowitz

My Cars
    2006 M3 6mt TiAg/Blk
    Since no one else has posted yet, I'll throw one up from COTA.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=p...;v=AYArWS---Qg

My Cars
    1999 328is & 1997 328is
    Here's mine from the last race, (canada) Grand Bend CSCS 2013 june 23 enjoy! as I know I did, fun sunny day for time attack.
    http://youtu.be/Wta0QockJYE
    99 328is daily 97 328is Track Baby

My Cars
    1999 328is & 1997 328is
    Here's mine from the last race, (canada) Grand Bend CSCS 2013 june 23 enjoy!As I know I did, fun sunny day for time attack.

http://youtu.be/Wta0QockJYE
    Last edited by woodbronks; 07-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    99 328is daily 97 328is Track Baby

My Cars
    325 bmw
    One lap around LCMT. Had a blast on this one. Was placed in the Pro Group, no point by.
    It was my second time at LCMT, still have a lot to learn about this track. Smoothness, lines and everything else can be improved by a lot.

Check the youtube channel, I will be adding full session shortly.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast