Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trm gt35r e36m

My Cars
    secret squirrel
    jake, I have some fittings that you may be interested in for your CCV set up. I will send you a text.
    Garrett TiAL

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jake06 View Post
    Also, called the people I bought the ATI gauge pod from and I'm going to try and return it. I bought rally road's setup today
    Now we're talkin'!

By the way...for anyone who mentioned it I had a triple gauge pod on my a-pillar and it was a pain to look over as well as ricey and not to mention "hey cops please pull my ass over" and "oh you wanna jack my ride bro just follow me home and you will know where I live!"

You already look at the tach especially and the speedo. So there is no better place for AFR and boost or AFR and fuel pressure cause you be looking there anyway son.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    Just FYI. Unless AKG has changed their RTAB reinforcements, which it doesn't look like they have, be prepared to trim them up a bit to make them fit. The point part near the top of them in your picture is what needed to be ground down when I installed mine.
    Cool, I have a grinding wheel at my house so that shouldn't be a big deal. Thanks for the heads up though!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoM View Post
    jake, I have some fittings that you may be interested in for your CCV set up. I will send you a text.
    Not sure what TRM kit comes/does not come with here in terms of CCV? Maybe someone can chime in here, I'm going to ask Gary tomorrow if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Now we're talkin'!

By the way...for anyone who mentioned it I had a triple gauge pod on my a-pillar and it was a pain to look over as well as ricey and not to mention "hey cops please pull my ass over" and "oh you wanna jack my ride bro just follow me home and you will know where I live!"

You already look at the tach especially and the speedo. So there is no better place for AFR and boost or AFR and fuel pressure cause you be looking there anyway son.
    I'm super excited to have my gauges there. Love the placement and boost and AFR are the two I'd like to be looking at the most. I'll do water/oil temp and oil pressure in the obc slot probably next year, for now I need to save the $$ for other areas.
    Last edited by jake06; 04-24-2013 at 08:08 PM.

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Trm kit does no come with a exhaust fitting for CCv. Get the vibrant. I ran the Trm one, and i blew out my new oil pan seal and valve cover gasket because it didn't work right. It doesn't Pull any vac. Yes it was installed right. Major nightmare.
    Last edited by graphite9; 04-24-2013 at 10:07 PM.

My Cars
    '99 M3 TT stg II
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite9 View Post
    Trm kit does no come with a exhaust fitting for CCv. Get the vibrant. I ran the Trm one, and i blew out my new oil pan seal and valve cover gasket because it didn't work right. It doesn't Pull any vac. Yes it was installed right.
    +1

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    A little off turbo topic, but super frustrated. Can't get a single bushing out on my rear suspension using hammers, pullers and a holesaw.
    Last edited by jake06; 05-07-2013 at 01:30 AM.

My Cars
    secret squirrel
    You talking rear sub frame bushings ? Torch the metal around the bushings then pound them out
    Garrett TiAL

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoM View Post
    You talking rear sub frame bushings ? Torch the metal around the bushings then pound them out
    I'll try that tomorrow, I'm also doing the little OEM balljoints too. I destroyed my subframe and am going to have to get a new one, broke the welds from hammering, and the one I did get out, I scored the inside with the saw

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Ouch. Right tool for the job. Sometimes you gotta stop and wait till you have a better solution. I have done this several times.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Trm kit does no come with a exhaust fitting for CCv. Get the vibrant. I ran the Trm one, and i blew out my new oil pan seal and valve cover gasket because it didn't work right. It doesn't Pull any vac. Yes it was installed right. Major nightmare.
    I'm glad its not just me!

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Exhaust ccv's and unicorns have something in common.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    A little update from last night:

Tried using some heat to get the bushings out of my messed up subframe:

Proved ineffective, probably just going to pay someone to press in/out my bushings.... Feel so defeated by this car

Picked up some e30 seat belt receptacles for when I run my aftermarket seats (still undecided on what I want)

And I wasn't going to let my bushing failure stop me from getting more done:
    Elongated holes/ground down my transmission brace to fit e21 mounts

New OEM pilot bearing/rear main seal

Put the f1 pilot/throwout bearing where it belongs

FINALLY got the right clutch plate from the f1 clutch people......... What a pointless hassle to get the right part. Defiantly paying a little more and getting southbend next time around

All installed and ready to go

Used UUC's recomendation for transmission fluid to help the gear rattle. 1 bottle of 75w140ns gear oil and then fill the rest with D4 atf and mix it around.

Transmission all sealed up and ready to go back in!

My Cars
    6465 328ti
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Exhaust ccv's and unicorns have something in common.

Sent from my GTX3582R
    yup!!

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Take that f1 tob and toss it in the trash. get an OEM one. my f1 tob took a shit within the first 50 miles. Now i get to drop the trans again.

My Cars
    92 bmw 325i
    Glad to see you finally received the proper clutch... It took me 5 weeks to get the right one. Never again will I deal with Grip force I bought my f1 from a company in NJ called axidworks. Looking good btw

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Take that f1 tob and toss it in the trash. get an OEM one. my f1 tob took a shit within the first 50 miles. Now i get to drop the trans again.
    A stock clutch will never hold. My F1 lasted me years of abuse and didn't let up until I was making way more power than it was made for and slipped the clutch too much at the drag strip.

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post

A stock clutch will never hold. My F1 lasted me years of abuse and didn't let up until I was making way more power than it was made for and slipped the clutch too much at the drag strip.
    He is speaking of the throw out bearing.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    FINALLY got the right clutch plate from the f1 clutch people......... What a pointless hassle to get the right part. Defiantly paying a little more and getting southbend next time around
    ...[/URL]
    Epic quote for the Southbend haters.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    My f1 clutch/fly kit was on the money. Minus the tob. Plus its $300-500 less than a south bend.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3

Quote Originally Posted by gdb221 View Post
    Glad to see you finally received the proper clutch... It took me 5 weeks to get the right one. Never again will I deal with Grip force I bought my f1 from a company in NJ called axidworks. Looking good btw
    For all that hassle, I'd just rather go through a more reputable company next time. I had to threaten to call mastercard to even get anywhere with these people... I emailed and called multiple times for weeks when I found out they gave me the incorrect part, and when I finally got through to them they were claiming it had been past 30 days and they couldn't do anything for me.

At least I have the right part now!!!!
    Last edited by jake06; 05-05-2014 at 07:27 PM.

My Cars
    92 bmw 325i

For all that hassle, I'd just rather go through a more reputable company next time. I has to threaten to call mastercard to even get anywhere with these people... I emailed and called multiple times for weeks when I found out they gave me the incorrect part, and when I finally got through to them they were claiming it had been past 30 days and they couldn't do anything for me.

At least I have the right part now!!!!
    Yea I was trying to get an act 6 puck but they wouldn't come back in stock Untill may 10th and I was already pissed off because I was supposed to Bolt my motor in weeks ago and then I found the f1 instock in NJ. When this clutch dies I plan to go with an act 4 puck.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Been super backed up with school/work lately, but finally made some real progress tonight:

Picked up a set of corbeau seats

Put in a new steering wheel bearing/rally road gauge pod and wired up my AEM truboost/afr gauges

Prepped camber arms for welding

FINALLY pressed out my subframe bushings

Got a majority of my rear suspension bushings pressed in/cleaned up

Put the transmission back in, need to bleed the slave tomorrow

Hooked up my Bear SSK, zhp knob and alacantra boot

I'm really getting excited to go out and drive this thing, hopefully by next week I'll get my welding done and rear suspension in. Then I can begin the turbo/front suspension/oil pan and finish this thing up

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    yes! nice progress! Looks great. Your rockin the same wheel and gauge setup I'm rocking. You will love the wheel and the rallyroad setup. You would have hated the ati!

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    yes! nice progress! Looks great. Your rockin the same wheel and gauge setup I'm rocking. You will love the wheel and the rallyroad setup. You would have hated the ati!
    I hope so! They wouldn't let me return it because I bored out the holes (understandable) to make it fit. I'm just going to put it up for sale and hope to get $50 for it

My Cars
    '06 4Runner| 77 930| E36
    Nice work OP! you remind me of playing Gran Turismo and you have the 'Money Cheat' and buy the load of parts all at the same time to build your dream car...freaking awesome dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
    what clutch did you replace your F1 stage 3 with and how much power did it slip at?

Powertrain: Big Bore 87mm S50| Boost Logic Gen 2 Mani | BorgWarner S366 | CP 8.5:1 pistons | Eagle Rods | O-Ringed block | Tial 50mm | Precision 46mm | LINK G4 standalone | ZF| F1 stage 3 clutch/15lb ltwfw| UUC Black TM/E| Vorshlag MM's | 3.23LSD w/AKG race bushings| AKG race subframe bushings| 'Bear Motorsports' Re-enforced subframe | Walbro 525lp fp| VPD pulleys| 4'' DP into 3.5 straight pipe"||
    Handling: FK konigsports| '95 M3 strut mounts| Rogue Engineering RSM's| UUC RTAB's| 20mm front spacers| 2915lbs Full interior
    Aesthetics: M3 bumpers| 18''x 8.5/9.5 BBS LMs| ZKW's| 50w 6000k HID| Smoked Corners| 50% wndshld/5% all around| M3 sedan seats F&R| Black headliner| Black/Grey suede door panels| ZHP knob| M3 steering Wheel|

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast