Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trm gt35r e36m

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3

Trm gt35r e36m

Well, I figure its time to start a thread with my stage 2 kit shipping out from trm on friday !

My plan is to try and get it on the road by june but we'll see. My plans for this year are:
    TRM Stage 2 kit: gt35r, .86 housing from stage 1 kit for faster spool, walbro fuel pump kit, .140 mls w/ arp's
    M50 Manifold swap
    Hyper Silver Apex 9.5x17 concave arc8's wrapped on 255/40/17 star spec's square
    TC Kline 400/500 DA Coilovers
    AKG 95A Bushings all around
    DIY Oil Cooler Setup
    Euro S50 Dual Pickup Oil Pan
    AEM Truboost/AFR Setup
    Euro Steering Wheel wrapped by tainik
    Bear Motorsports SSK, Shifter Bushings, AKG DSSR, ZHP Knob
    F1 Stage 3 Clutch Kit
    Retrofitted Headlights
    Anddddd lots of little parts along the way.

A little about me:
    My car history starts with a 1994 318is that I brought from my cousin for a couple hundred bucks. It was in need of some serious love, and I brought it back from the dead:

After flipping that car and having a few years of work under my belt I bought a 1998 M3 and did a few suspension and na mods with it and started getting into autocross and tracking:

Build thread for that car is here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-not-so-new-M3
    After I had finished that car, I needed some money to pay for college, so I ended up selling it. But then I found a 2003 wrx that was wrecked on the passenger fender for sale. Put a new fender, wheel, ball joint and control arm on and it was good to go. Did a stage 2 tune with intake, intercooler and exhaust, some coilovers and sway bars and it was a total beast:

ANYWAYS, on to the new car... I had flipped the wrx and changed from going to a university and living in a fraternity (i ended up dropping out because it was nothing like I thought it would be) to moving back home with my parents for the time being and going to community college. I have some money freed up and I was looking for a new project, as the timing was perfect and my dad was more than eager to lend me a hand. I picked up my 180K hellrot m3 for a steal (5800) and started ripping it apart for this project the second it got home:

Looking forward for the next steps here, and you guys are welcome to follow me on instagram where I post a lot of pictures about the car too "jacobijackson" and #2013build is where I put all my car stuff.

I'll plug in my iphone in a bit here and upload the pictures I have and get this build thread going!!!
    Last edited by jake06; 04-23-2013 at 04:12 PM.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Let's try to keep this one right side up....

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    Let's try to keep this one right side up....
    LOL but this car is here to stay with me. I can't think of going into a new car to replace it. Going from my m3 to my wrx, I realized I had made a huge mistake...

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    sweet. Proper way to start a thread. Pics, and info. Lets do this! Go get yourself a yoga mat, unless you have a lift. I spent so much time on my concrete floor doing my TRM setup my back looked like I had been rolling in blackberry vines for a month.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite9 View Post
    sweet. Proper way to start a thread. Pics, and info. Lets do this! Go get yourself a yoga mat, unless you have a lift. I spent so much time on my concrete floor doing my TRM setup my back looked like I had been rolling in blackberry vines for a month.
    No lift just on 4 jackstands. But I actually have this giant carpet sample that does wonders. Don't get cold from the concrete floor and doesn't hurt your back just like your yoga mat.

My Cars
    E90 M3, Viper, Forester
    Nice looking build. Looking forward to more pic/updates.
    Daily: E90 M3
    Weekend: Viper GTS
    Wifey's: 2011 Forester

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    As promised, a few pictures from the start of the build!
    The dual pickup oil pan

Euro M3 steering wheel, planning on mounting it today with a new center steering wheel bearing and the gauge pod. Will update that with a picture when I finish.

180k shocks/mounts, vs my new DA TC Klines

Bought Technom's 3.5'' exhaust that flows to a dual tip vibrant muffler. Going to have to weld a 3'' to 3.5'' downpipe adapter to make it fit though. Beautiful piece, I think I'm going to sand the black paint off of the tips and try to make them somewhat metallic/shiny again

Painted my wood trim black while i wad bored waiting for parts, hoping it will last me until I bite the bullet and buy LTW trim

OEM Floormats that came on the car..... to be replaced with oem floormats.

Scrubbing the transmission down

Old clutch

F1 Clutch doesn't fit the flywheel plate.... now I have to wait for them to ship me the correct clutch plate........

How she sits now

So many boxes......

New Apex wheels!!!

Retrofitted headlights

My new license plate frame!

And my rear subframe mess. Hoping to get that and the clutch all back together before my kit shows up at my door.

I'll work on taking more/better pictures and make them bigger next time I upload, but that's all for now!
    Last edited by jake06; 04-24-2013 at 01:27 AM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Win the lottery?

Looks like a great build,
    Subscribed
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    98 m3 trm stage2 rk tune
    I just did the same trm kit to my car the base tune I made 450 whp at 14 pounds of boost

My Cars
    98' M3/4/6T
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Win the lottery?

Looks like a great build,
    Subscribed
    Living at home does wonders for things like this. Looks good man!

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SLWM3 View Post
    Living at home does wonders for things like this. Looks good man!
    Yeah, I figure its the only time in the next 5-10 years I'll be able to pull something like this off

Quote Originally Posted by 98cosmom3 View Post
    I just did the same trm kit to my car the base tune I made 450 whp at 14 pounds of boost
    Wow... I'm hoping for 350 on low boost, 400-425 on high boost. But we shall see.

My Cars
    93 325is
    You move quick!
    1. I have a euro wheel on order as well.. Do I have to replace the bearing? If so part # please
    2. Gauge pods on pillar or steering column? Debating it my self. Also can you please document how you run and setup your AEM guages. Have the same setup just havent gotten around to installing everything yet.

3. Did you win the lottery?

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by abq View Post
    You move quick!
    1. I have a euro wheel on order as well.. Do I have to replace the bearing? If so part # please
    2. Gauge pods on pillar or steering column? Debating it my self. Also can you please document how you run and setup your AEM guages. Have the same setup just havent gotten around to installing everything yet.

3. Did you win the lottery?
    1. 32311158835 I believe, this diy should help you although its not the exact same wheel it should all be the same connectors/parts http://www.frankies-bmw.com/3series/...ring_wheel.php
    You don't necessarily have to replace the bearing, but mine was shot so I thought it would be a good idea
    2. http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...36-3-series-m3 here's the piece I got, seems very well made and snaps in just like the stock top piece does. I just have them mounted to the pod, but when I get further into it and wire it all up I'll try to explain/take pictures for you
    3. No, but if I ever want to move out I'm going to need to lol

My Cars
    93 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by jake06 View Post
    1. 32311158835 I believe, this diy should help you although its not the exact same wheel it should all be the same connectors/parts http://www.frankies-bmw.com/3series/...ring_wheel.php
    You don't necessarily have to replace the bearing, but mine was shot so I thought it would be a good idea
    2. http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...36-3-series-m3 here's the piece I got, seems very well made and snaps in just like the stock top piece does. I just have them mounted to the pod, but when I get further into it and wire it all up I'll try to explain/take pictures for you
    3. No, but if I ever want to move out I'm going to need to lol
    Thanks!! Def. Will be keeping a close eye on this build.

Ever one complains about the ATI setup breaking supposedly and that the rallyroad setup is much better for steering wheel mount.

Good luck with your build!

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    I had the ATI and it was a pile. Gauges sit crooked, super cheap, and rattled. The rallyroad piece is insanely nice. Once I mounted to the column, the back of the pods hit the dash. It was a joke. nothing is better than having the TRM kit show up, and tearing every box open like christmas day. Once the blood pressure goes down, then you put it all back. Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by graphite9; 04-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.

My Cars
    93 325is
    I had the ATI and it was a pile. Gauges sit crooked, super cheap, and rattled. The rallyroad piece is insanely nice. Once I mounted to the column, the back of the pods hit the dash. It was a joke. nothing is better than having the TRM kit show up, and tearing every box open like christmas day. Once the blood pressure goes down, then you put it all back. Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

How often do you look down at the gauges? Honestly I love the cleanliness of the setup but I just think a pillar setup at eye level would be much better to eyeball the gauges.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by abq View Post
    How often do you look down at the gauges? Honestly I love the cleanliness of the setup but I just think a pillar setup at eye level would be much better to eyeball the gauges.
    I guess that comes down to personal preference? Having the boost gauge on the steering column on my wrx, I just knew I wanted something similar for my m. Sucks to hear about the ati pod. Maybe I'll be able to modify some of the pieces so they don't rattle? The rallyroad one was sold out when I tried to buy it.

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    The column is clean. Pillar gauges scream "steal me I'm a racecar". I would test fit the ati pod asap. That way if you don't like it you can return it. the rallyroad setup is not even comparable to the ati. What are you doing with your ccv? if you do the exhaust setup go with vibrant. I ran the Trm one and it didnt work.

also, keep in mind where you place your gauges. I put my AFR and boost down low and my oil/h20 up top. Now i wish my AFR and oil were up top. Hopefully you can make it to the Mary hill event this year. We'd have two turbo e36's. Yes.
    Last edited by graphite9; 04-23-2013 at 06:06 PM.

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by 98cosmom3 View Post
    Yes you did, I will post up your build thread next day or so.

-George Kakaletris

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    The column is clean. Pillar gauges scream "steal me I'm a racecar".
    LOL I have both, pillar and column (rally road) .
    To top it off I have those rocket switches near the shifter.
    BECAUSE RACECAR (at least to me it is)
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Make sure they include EVERYTHING that is needed. They missed about 5 different parts they needed to ship me while I was in the middle of installing the kit.

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Same here. I was missing a v band and a handful of nuts and bolts for the synapse.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Lookin GREAT Jake. Nice to see your hard work is paying off. If you need help on anything just ask

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    The column is clean. Pillar gauges scream "steal me I'm a racecar". I would test fit the ati pod asap. That way if you don't like it you can return it. the rallyroad setup is not even comparable to the ati. What are you doing with your ccv? if you do the exhaust setup go with vibrant. I ran the Trm one and it didnt work.

also, keep in mind where you place your gauges. I put my AFR and boost down low and my oil/h20 up top. Now i wish my AFR and oil were up top. Hopefully you can make it to the Mary hill event this year. We'd have two turbo e36's. Yes.
    Not sure at all about the ccv setup yet, was going to look into it more when I was doing the install I guess? I believe the exhaust I bought was vibrant too.

Quote Originally Posted by NY98M3 View Post
    Make sure they include EVERYTHING that is needed. They missed about 5 different parts they needed to ship me while I was in the middle of installing the kit.
    I'm shipping them my ecu after receiving the kit, so if they miss anything they can ship it back with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerM3 View Post
    Lookin GREAT Jake. Nice to see your hard work is paying off. If you need help on anything just ask
    Thanks man! I'll give you a ring if I get snagged.

A little update from today, I figured out how to take/upload better pictures, and my AKG bushings/reinforcements arrived!!!! Just waiting on my oem ones now.

Also, called the people I bought the ATI gauge pod from and I'm going to try and return it. I bought rally road's setup today

All the sun we've been getting in the PNW lately really wants me to finish this thing up already!!!

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Just FYI. Unless AKG has changed their RTAB reinforcements, which it doesn't look like they have, be prepared to trim them up a bit to make them fit. The point part near the top of them in your picture is what needed to be ground down when I installed mine.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast