Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers

My Cars
    Royal Red Met 01' 740i spt,Topaz Blue Met 01' 530i
    OEM speakers are over $100 each at at $12 ea these Goldwood speakers satisfy my listening needs. I don't need to rattle my teeth.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sport
    Have any of you ran the Bav Auto powered sub with leaving the rest of the stock DSP system (amp and door speakers) in place? If so, what did you think?

My '01 sounds clean, just has no b*lls. And I'm not a kid by any means. It just sounds real flat, no punch at all. Not looking to win any bass battles at a red light, just want the sound system to have a little more heart if you will.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless7 View Post
    But if you leave everything else BMW stock they sounded good right? I am thinking about these as replacement to my stock speakers. If I want subs I'll buy a 10" to get real bass. But at 5.25" there is no real bass you can get.
    You'd be surprised at what four of those 5.25" Tang Band speakers can do. They respond down to 45 Hz. You can't hear anything below 30 Hz. A good 10" sub will be able to make up the difference in between 30-45 Hz, but unless you listen to ghetto thunder bass rap all the time, you won't need it.

My Cars
    2001 740i, 2010 Audi S5
    want clarification.... am planning on buying bavsound's 4 replacement speakers for rear deck. there seems some disagreement about the procedure for replacement. mine is a 97 740iL (if its relevant) and i am hoping that all it requires is to remove headrests and speaker grill. pop out/in.

please advise

- - - Updated - - -

want clarification.... am planning on buying bavsound's 4 replacement speakers for rear deck. there seems some disagreement about the procedure for replacement. mine is a 97 740iL (if its relevant) and i am hoping that all it requires is to remove headrests and speaker grill. pop out/in.

please advise

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Why waste $$ on bavsound buy some 5.25 monsoon subwoofers from a VW and do that
    https://www.ebay.com/i/371781450723?...xoCDAcQAvD_BwE
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    2001 740i, 2010 Audi S5
    as i understand it, monsoons will require a bit of work and the deck will need to be removed. to do this i need to remove the seats et al. i can get 4 monsoons for 75 or set of bavsound for 250 or so. i suspect the latter is a better speaker but i have not heard definitive proof.

back to my orig question.... can bavsound speakers be installed without tearing out seats and the rest?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by bagodonuts View Post
    as i understand it, monsoons will require a bit of work and the deck will need to be removed. to do this i need to remove the seats et al. i can get 4 monsoons for 75 or set of bavsound for 250 or so. i suspect the latter is a better speaker but i have not heard definitive proof.

back to my orig question.... can bavsound speakers be installed without tearing out seats and the rest?
    It's possible to wiggle new speakers into place by just removing the grills BUT you should take the unit out and do it right. It would be real easy to damage those nice new drivers. Plus with subs you want a good seal and twisting a screwdriver around there for clearance sounds like a bad idea. It only takes 30 min to pull the seats and rear deck.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillife View Post
    It's possible to wiggle new speakers into place by just removing the grills BUT you should take the unit out and do it right. It would be real easy to damage those nice new drivers. Plus with subs you want a good seal and twisting a screwdriver around there for clearance sounds like a bad idea. It only takes 30 min to pull the seats and rear deck.

if you really feel like gambling you could literally heat gun them in the car to fit the monsoon subs in

otherwise its about 6 bolts/nuts that hold the back seat stuff in and it takes maybe 15 min to tear out / replace
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2001 740i, 2010 Audi S5
    lukebox looks bumpin'

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by bagodonuts View Post

Yes. I did it without even having to pop the headrests. I took a small plastic pry bar - think about narrow credit card size -, carefully work in circles around the grills until they popped loose. Used a 1/4" drive ratchet with Torx bit to remove 4 screws on each speaker, cut off wire leads, crimped on new spade lugs provided in the speaker kit. Note polarity in the instructions; + and - are different size. Then stick the self-adhesive kit provided gaskets on speaker frame, connect the spade lugs, set the speakers down in place, tighten the four new screws. My speakers and the fine screen inside the grills had pretty much turned to dust, so I just vacuumed the rest of the gauzy screens out of the grills and put them back without it. It looks fine, sounds OK. I haven't been able to give the new speakers a good test yet because my door speakers are buzzy at even half volume. I bought a BavSound replacement kit for the doors, but haven't installed them yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12