Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Learning to drift? My build/rebuild - Austin, TX

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    thanks man. currently waiting impatiently as fuck for the 2nd vid to drop. i feel dumb though that i gave Chelsea my car to drive with dead rtabs. on the bright side, my gf said shes gonna buy me the nerptech offsets for valentines, and i have that m3 rear subframe chillin, so its gonna be swapped in soon as well as all the other steering stuff i got laying around and maybe a 3.91 too.

- - - Updated - - -

if your car is setup, itll be easy to figure out. ive been fighting a car with a wonky alignhment and fucky rtabs for a year now. ill do some ride alongs and try to help you out with some advice.
    Totally missed this lol.. dang that’s awesome! Did you scoop up that free M rear end posted a little while back?

That 3:91 should be perfect at SAR, seems like a smaller track plus the M52 will love it. I’ve wanted to try a taller 3:15 diff for a while, have a rebuilt 3:23 now and have never driven a welded before but pretty sure that would spoil me!

I’d love to do the M3 rear mostly for the stronger axles. Not too concerned about the rear brake upgrade but if it was cheap then why not, I just can’t stand paying the M-tax honestly wish I would have stuck with my M50 never planned on turbo when I got the deal on my S52 but I do love the easy torque.

Speaking of brakes I’ve had some e46 330 front brakes sitting for a while, my plan has been to go 330 fronts and e46 325/328 rears so I can still fit 16” burners without modifying anything plus I’ve read that he larger 330 rears mess up the brake bias. The smaller 325/8 discs are still larger and vented so a great bolt on upgrade from the non-M e36 rears.... and I wanted to mess around with a dual-caliper rear setup with my leftover calipers! Something about running an inline hydro has always sketched me out for daily driving idk

Sounds great, can’t wait to make it out there finally. Been way too distracted drifting rc cars lol gotta feed the habit somehow

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjjj View Post
    Totally missed this lol.. dang that’s awesome! Did you scoop up that free M rear end posted a little while back?

That 3:91 should be perfect at SAR, seems like a smaller track plus the M52 will love it. I’ve wanted to try a taller 3:15 diff for a while, have a rebuilt 3:23 now and have never driven a welded before but pretty sure that would spoil me!

I’d love to do the M3 rear mostly for the stronger axles. Not too concerned about the rear brake upgrade but if it was cheap then why not, I just can’t stand paying the M-tax honestly wish I would have stuck with my M50 never planned on turbo when I got the deal on my S52 but I do love the easy torque.

Speaking of brakes I’ve had some e46 330 front brakes sitting for a while, my plan has been to go 330 fronts and e46 325/328 rears so I can still fit 16” burners without modifying anything plus I’ve read that he larger 330 rears mess up the brake bias. The smaller 325/8 discs are still larger and vented so a great bolt on upgrade from the non-M e36 rears.... and I wanted to mess around with a dual-caliper rear setup with my leftover calipers! Something about running an inline hydro has always sketched me out for daily driving idk

Sounds great, can’t wait to make it out there finally. Been way too distracted drifting rc cars lol gotta feed the habit somehow
    yea, i scooped up that M3 subframe. it doesnt have axles or rotors though. i think im just gonna pull the hubs off of it, and rebuild the base subframe, and then swap my hubs in when i go to do it. save myself from having to buy diff output flanges, axles, and rotors. i dont need the M stuff, i honestly just wanted the spare subframe to put bushings in and stuff while it was out of the car.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456