Thread: UUC Twin Disk clutch/flywheel kit for M5 and 540i now shipping!

Rob Levinson is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes

UUC Twin Disk clutch/flywheel kit for M5 and 540i now shipping!

UUC TWIN DISK FLYWHEEL/CLUTCH SYSTEM
    NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE E39 M5/540i and Z8 - SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICING.

See website for your model details and pricing:

Reports are in...

I installed the twin disc clutch in the BMW and it works great. The clutch is smooth and surprisingly can easily be slipped like a passenger clutch despite it having two solid friction plates. The clutch performed very well in the Enduro race with absolutely no issues. I'm very pleased.

- Bob G.

A video posted by one of our Twin Disk users:

Twin Disk clutch and flywheel technology for the E39 M5/540i and Z8

Keeping a working clutch in the powerful E39 M5 has been a problem since the car was first built. The initial design had a small clutch normally used for the 3-series tasked with harnessing the big M5's V8 torque. The result was frequent and expensive clutch replacements at the owners' expense. With the increased power levels of aftermarket tuner superchargers and turbochargers, this problem only became worse.

UUC has a solution to this problem. By literally doubling the clutch surface area with twin clutch disks, there is now an option that has long-term durability, high power capacity, and smooth-as-original operation.

Unlike other race clutches that are noisy, clunky, heavy, or short-lived, the UUC Twin Disk package drives just like a normal clutch. It can be slipped smoothly in stop-and-go traffic and requires no more leg power on the clutch pedal than the original clutch.

Packaged with a reduced-weight flywheel, a rotational mass savings will improve the car's acceleration and make it even easier to modulate clutch engagement with rpm. A noticeably quicker and livelier car is the result.

Larger surface area of a smoother-functioning material is the key to combining the characteristics of high torque capacity with street-friendly operation in this all-new design. This unique design combines the stiffness of a steel cage with the reliability and compactness of a steel cover, and maintains normal pedal effort.
    Total package contains everything required: flywheel, clutch disks, aluminum cage, steel cover, release bearing, and all hardware.

Material guideline based on power output:

Twin Organic: 850hp, 640ft-lb applications
    Twin Feramic: 1000hp, 800ft-lb applications

Available fitments (click your application for pricing and ordering info):

----------
    NOT with that company any more.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M5
    What is the current price on this (before shipping)... ?

My Cars
    E34 540,E39 540T,635euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Da Clean1 View Post
    Price of the kit depending on clutch material you pick is located at their website.

My Cars
    2007 Cayman S, 2006 E55
    $2,750 for a clutch? Really? You could buy a whole E39 parts car for that.
    Previous avatar replaced due to the fact that a hacker apparently liked it so much that he tracked down me down, used my PC to get contact info on my girlfriend, broke into her laptop and cleaned out her bank account, then erased half my hard drive to cover his tracks. If I find you, nobody else ever will.

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by feeshta View Post
    $2,750 for a clutch? Really? You could buy a whole E39 parts car for that.
    Not just for a clutch; for a complete lightweight flywheel and twin disk clutch package that will take anything you can throw at it.

For some people who drive their E39s mildly, a $400 "white box" service replacement clutch is sufficient; for those with extra power, and especially those with extreme power supercharger/turbo setups, that really use their cars enthusiastically, this UUC Twin Disk is the kind of setup required to a) hold the power, and b) not need replacing so often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Da Clean1 View Post
    Please click the links above; price varies by options chosen, and may be subject to change (clicking the link will always show current valid pricing).

You can also calculate your own personal shipping costs:

1) Click "add to cart"

2) Below the order total on the right side of the page, click "Determine Shipping and Sales Tax" - the system will ask for your postal code and will then give you the various UPS options with costs.
    ----------

My Cars
    97 E39 540/6
    I think the percentage of 39's who can really utilize this set up is less than 1%. A ceramic puck'd disk can hold 600-700 ft/lbs, I don't think I've read of too many people coming close to that on the forums.

"Life is a numbers game. Increase the numbers, win the game"

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    I bought the Lightweight flywheel and the Kevlar Clutch for my 530i, I can't be more happy!!!!
    Only issue, the rattle sound, but I'm waiting my oil supplier give me the 75w140NS + MT-90 (I'm in a very hot climate)..... both are Redline oil!!!!!

UUC rocks!!!!!

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Balto View Post
    I think the percentage of 39's who can really utilize this set up is less than 1%. A ceramic puck'd disk can hold 600-700 ft/lbs, I don't think I've read of too many people coming close to that on the forums.
    Almost 20,500 E39 M5s were produced by BMW. 1% of that is still quite a few cars.

A pure ceramic single disk may indeed hold that much power... but how does it drive? How smooth? How much will your mother-in-law complain about the clutch judder and noise? What the UUC Twin Disk has proven to be in our other applications is quiet, smooth, durable, and so far in the past few days of offering for the E39, selling quite briskly.
    ----------