My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Love your brake duct blanking idea
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    Love your brake duct blanking idea
    cheers, i was kind of surprised no one else had thought of it!!(or at least posted about it)

i guess its not something done often, so not really considered

My Cars
    z3
    That brake duct delete is pretty clean, I like it. Not a huge fan of the wheels or wheel color though. Maybe it will be tied in with some other cosmetic bits and work, but right now doesnt seem to quite fit in.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    That brake duct delete is pretty clean, I like it. Not a huge fan of the wheels or wheel color though. Maybe it will be tied in with some other cosmetic bits and work, but right now doesnt seem to quite fit in.
    ive been thinking of ways to tie in the wheels a bit more, but so far havent come up with anything that wont look tacky, any ideas?

in person they work, the pics ive taken make it look akward. the height is the killer for it visually i think, but im happy with it.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhawk View Post
    ive been thinking of ways to tie in the wheels a bit more, but so far havent come up with anything that wont look tacky, any ideas?

in person they work, the pics ive taken make it look akward. the height is the killer for it visually i think, but im happy with it.
    I would maybe paint the kidney grill outer portion the same color as the wheels as well as maybe the rear diffuser, or a gurney flap on a spoiler or something. Just throw a splash of that wheel color here and there to accent other bits of the car while tying the color in. Done right it could add a lot to the car. When incorporating colors like that I try to add a little color on every side of the car, so add a splash to the front and the rear and it would be great. That gives the car harmony as a whole from a design perspective.

Truth be told if that was my car I think the coolest way to tie that color in would be to find window tints that color. But that is so hit and miss it would be hard to pull off, thats way more likely to look tacky.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2008 BMW M3
    Like its style and looks good.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    I would maybe paint the kidney grill outer portion the same color as the wheels as well as maybe the rear diffuser, or a gurney flap on a spoiler or something. Just throw a splash of that wheel color here and there to accent other bits of the car while tying the color in. Done right it could add a lot to the car. When incorporating colors like that I try to add a little color on every side of the car, so add a splash to the front and the rear and it would be great. That gives the car harmony as a whole from a design perspective.

Truth be told if that was my car I think the coolest way to tie that color in would be to find window tints that color. But that is so hit and miss it would be hard to pull off, thats way more likely to look tacky.
    see, that in my mind will look tacky. i just cant see it looking good. its a weird colour to match with black, so a chunk of it in the middle of a sea of black i dont think will work. makes it hard. another option, which has been thrown around is to paint the whole car that colour. its definitely on the "maybe" list.

tint would be hard to do, seeing as the wheels are different colours in different light

no fogs. had to throw some cosmos paint on the covers, because the jet black stood out too much. mirrors are average, but not speckled anymore, so theyll do for now.

need to wash car

My Cars
    z3
    The whole car that color would look great. Little accent pieces colored like that can definitely look tacky if not done properly, and if its viewed from just dead on like that you are right it will look quite off. I was just imaging from a 3/4 view it would look best adding some color to each side of the car.

Its really hard to say. Maybe you could go to chrome kidneys, and paint the side of the slats in that wheel color. So the outer portion chrome, the "front edge" of the center slats are chrome, and the rest of it would be wheel color. That may not be too distracting while also still bringing in the wheel color and the chrome kidneys would accent the polished lip. Its a tough call because the wheel color does look good, but it just doesnt seem to match. It doesnt clash though, either, so if it could just be tied in to the rest of the car it would be great.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    03.5 M3 vert
    LikeLike

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    think ill leave the exterior as is for now, im happy with it.

more driveway photos

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    installed a fire extinguisher today using an oem bracket. bit of insurance, and necessary for some of the local racing events i plan to do.

bolts to the underside of the seat, nice and easy. had to drill one hole to match the extinguishers bracket.

seems the car needs a good vaccum lol

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    im sure everyone sick of my iphone photos....

so heres some more!!!!!!!!!!!!

took a drive to thompsons dam today, weather was perfect for it

firstly, couple photos of the dam itself

and some photos of the car. took these at erica, as there were a few too many people at the dam to get decent pics

My Cars
    3.0 Euro M3, 328is track
    Looking amazing man!

exterior is deffinatly complete, wouldn't change a thing!

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    ^cheers, if anything id like to do a rear diffuser, to even out the back a bit, but still not sure.

bit of shed therapy today, decided to finally make the aircon blockoff plate ive been wanting since the engine swap.

yep, bench is a mess. gotta get to that!!

finished product, threw some barrel paint on it and nuked with the heatgun, seeing as its cold today.

and on the car. its not much, but better than popping the bonnet and seeing holes in the firewall.

i can make up a .dxf file or image with basic dimensions for anyone that wants to make their own or get one cut.

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Looking ace man! Do you miss A/C? I've been thinking of binning mine for the longest time.

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    dont miss it at all, got windows for that!!

in all honesty, the car came with aircon, but no gas, so it never worked from the get go, and im yet to own a car with working ac that ive driven more than once, so removing it is just a weight saving benefit!

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    I completely agree. If you never use it, why haul it around? Mine unfortunately works for the moment, and I don't feel like bleeding that gas myself (ozone is super bad for you). Kudos to you for that blanking plate, it's quite inconspicuous.

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    IMO its too moist out here on the west coast to get rid of a/c. I use my a/c all of the time even if its cold out.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    E36, E36, E82
    Digging the brake duct blanks, makes it look like an old dtm race car bumper.

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    IMO its too moist out here on the west coast to get rid of a/c. I use my a/c all of the time even if its cold out.
    That may be, but it's still 50+ lbs that I rarely use unless a passenger complains the windows are too gusty. Doing away with it may even stop the complaints!

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    bought this coz i can, and its cool, and im a retard that spends money on silly shit.

translates to ~ supplement handbook. its about 13 pages long, and caters for 4 different languages, that equates to 3 pages in english :p

mainly got it for this page, coz i have same splitter(except carbon) and spoiler(rep with risers) always on the hunt for wickerbills.

and some specs, the GT has a few more killawasps than mine(which will be irrelevant when charger goes on), and now i know how much oil the new sump will take.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    had a douchebag customer not turn up for a job this afternoon, so thought id make the most of it, and started the false floor.

cut shape out

add bracing/risers, because this section of the floor isnt actually flat

covered with carpet, and added some mounting straps.

few screws and its mounted. next is to sort out how im going to do section over sub box. needs to be strong, but still allow doof doof to come through.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    waiting for parts sucks, so heres some pics CAMS licence came yesterday, now i can take it out on the track at some local events adjusted throttle stop on the weekend, as full throttle reading was a bit low. id say cable is stretched. i have a replacement cable to put in next time the cowl panel is apart. and i almost lost the car friday night when some dumbass in a hilux took the corner too wide and locked up out the front, destroying the guard rail in front of the neighbours yard(one guess why theyre there in the first place). my car was last in the driveway, so only a couple meters from being crumpled.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    had a mate weld the intercooler brackets for me this weekend. we tacked it in place on the car to make sure the splitter would clear.

seeing i went overkill with the thickness of the mounts, it gave him a nice challenge :p

now i just need to clean it up and give it a ghost coat of black so it blends in a bit, and do some trimming around the bonnet catch area and grilles, since its a bit tight there now.

and my catch can came in the other day, need to mount it and organise lines and fittings next.

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    center caps finally arrived. took bloody long enough :p

disassembled the original caps, and cleaned everything up while it was off

and on the car. need to wash the car before full shots

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast