Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy's Reincarnation

My Cars
    97 m3
    Yup, keep doing that and thAt trans case will have a nice big crack in it!

My Cars
    95 318i
    captain buzzkill
    '95 318i - DASC Supercharged - 269° Camshafts - 30lb injectors - Ostrich 2.0 tuning - Coil On Plug conversion - 11lb flywheel 228mm clutch - AST 4100's,

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Last weekend, I attended the second annual Der Schuh Syndikat. I left on May 2nd and returned May 5th logging 1,060 miles in just four days. If you are on the east coast, please check out the website here: http://schuhsyndikat.org/

On a stretch on the way home, I decided to test the fuel efficiency of the car. Yes, it was hard to stay out of WOT, but I did it. Over the 197 miles, only 8.479 gallons were used resulting to an effective 23.23mpg. This is actually slightly low if you consider that I'm running oversized (giant) tires resulting in my speedo reading a bit low (4mph @ 80). I would say that it's a minimum of 24mpg whatever way you slice it. Not bad for a car that can produce stupid amounts of power.

We incurred three breakdowns during the way.

1) Blown fuel pump fuses. Originally fused for 40 amps, it looked like one of the fuses melted due to heat. Replaced with 2x 30 amp fuses and ran the rest of the trip without issue.
    2) Vanos completely locked up after bouncing it off the rev limiter a few times screwing around under some bridges.
    3) The cam position sensor went out paperweighting the car. This could have also been the cause for #2.

I also threw it on the dyno for all my coupe friends to just show how stupid it is even on 93. No fans, no dyno load, hot building, and still 580whp with all the heat soak. This is the real deal.

I also apparently raced a black Mercedes something on the way down. I didn't think we ran as I stopped about 10 buses in front of him expecting that he never went. Others confirmed that he was WOT - I'm sorry buddy.

My broseph Doug DuCote is doing a full writeup of the weekend's festivities - can expect that later this week.

Until then, please enjoy a few pictures:

- - - Updated - - -

Found a video of the dyno run on Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

My Cars
    e30
    Glad to see you are out enjoying the car!
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    E36 GOODNESSSS
    Wow the car looks amazing an the power is just sik!! Jordan is da man !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i got these parts for sale

front corner light for a 4 door E36 $20plus shipping
    headlight eyebrows $20 plud shpping
    M3 OEM radiator $100 plus shipping
    M52 cams with trays high miles $150 shipped
    M3 front calipers $150 plus shipping
    18x8 offsed 35, front 18x10 offset 40 rear bsa motorsports wheels $400 plus shipping
    obd2 valve covers $50 plus shipping
    intake manifolds $50 plus shipping
    estoril blue doors of a 96 M3 2door $200 plus shipping each
    rear glass $50 plus shipping
    rear trunk lid $150 plus shipping

new 1/4 is 800 ft away ))

My Cars
    turbo m3
    I'd say your setup is really efficient to get 24mpgs with e85. I'd think that you have a 30+mpg setup with pump.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Also, what was the end result of the vanos locking up? I assume it was idling bad because of low vacuum?
    This is my signature....

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    I'd say your setup is really efficient to get 24mpgs with e85. I'd think that you have a 30+mpg setup with pump.
    Pump gas. I'd expect 15-16mpg on E85 at the best. But it would be sooooo worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    Glad to see you are out enjoying the car!
    Yes, after a few years of pure hatred for the thing, I think I might actually be able to enjoy it this summer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by biglou911 View Post
    Wow the car looks amazing an the power is just sik!! Jordan is da man !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. We have a few more things to sort with the tune, but it is overall a good foundation at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Also, what was the end result of the vanos locking up? I assume it was idling bad because of low vacuum?
    Idling bad? Haha. You mean not at all right? The cam was so off that it was backfiring through the intake and because it couldn't see the cam signal it couldn't move the vanos at all. End result is a paperweight of a car.

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

Pump gas. I'd expect 15-16mpg on E85 at the best. But it would be sooooo worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, after a few years of pure hatred for the thing, I think I might actually be able to enjoy it this summer!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. We have a few more things to sort with the tune, but it is overall a good foundation at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Idling bad? Haha. You mean not at all right? The cam was so off that it was backfiring through the intake and because it couldn't see the cam signal it couldn't move the vanos at all. End result is a paperweight of a car.
    Lol, I guess that's what I mean.
    I wasn't exactly sure. Either way, I've never heard of a vanos locking up like that.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    skateboard

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. The pursuit of power leads to RK/ICS Tuning.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    97 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post

Yis!!!

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    To be fair, I never had a tuning related problem before. All the prior engine failures were due to hardware failures. I'll shed some light on some of it once an official word comes back, but let's just say I'm not pleased with the reason for the last failure as it could have been completely avoided due to my error in trusting.

Now, I'm still very happy that I went with Jordan even though there are some things that we need to work out with the tunes.

My Cars
    97 m3

To be fair, I never had a tuning related problem before. All the prior engine failures were due to hardware failures. I'll shed some light on some of it once an official word comes back, but let's just say I'm not pleased with the reason for the last failure as it could have been completely avoided due to my error in trusting.

Now, I'm still very happy that I went with Jordan even though there are some things that we need to work out with the tunes.
    Due to what hardware failures? Please elaborate.

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 97mreaper View Post
    Due to what hardware failures? Please elaborate.
    I'll talk about it in time - just want to get all the facts before putting something out there.

Oh, and EuroEnvy posted another video of me toying on the dyno.

My Cars
    skateboard
    What kind of power did it make
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

M5Hunter is offline Still has a E39 Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E39
    Nice vid!

I also threw it on the dyno for all my coupe friends to just show how stupid it is even on 93. No fans, no dyno load, hot building, and still 580whp with all the heat soak. This is the real deal

My Cars
    97 m3

I'll talk about it in time - just want to get all the facts before putting something out there.

Oh, and EuroEnvy posted another video of me toying on the dyno.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-PLp9cWV0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Well you shouldn't really of said anything at all, ESP how you worded it. If I were you, I'd either retract your last statement about it until you "get all the facts together," or speak on it sooner the. Later. J/s

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    What kind of power did it make
    580whp on 93 there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 97mreaper View Post
    Well you shouldn't really of said anything at all, ESP how you worded it. If I were you, I'd either retract your last statement about it until you "get all the facts together," or speak on it sooner the. Later. J/s
    Let just say I was f****** by a business who sold me incorrect parts and then told me that they were correct. Hence the "trust" comment. I trusted them, when I shouldn't have. When the manufacturer of a product says that it wasn't intended for the application but the vendor (reseller) sold me the product, that's just shady. Hit me up privately if you want details before I'm ready to put it out there.

My Cars
    skateboard

580whp on 93 there.

- - - Updated - - -

Let just say I was f****** by a business who sold me incorrect parts and then told me that they were correct. Hence the "trust" comment. I trusted them, when I shouldn't have. When the manufacturer of a product says that it wasn't intended for the application but the vendor (reseller) sold me the product, that's just shady. Hit me up privately if you want details before I'm ready to put it out there.
    We don't care about whp. This is all torques buddy. ;-)
    ― George Orwell

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    We don't care about whp. This is all torques buddy. ;-)
    All of it.

Seriously, I don't know because this was a terrible dyno and they were using wheel speed only. So yeah, who knows. I can only compare to the other cars that ran on it that day, and it was 180whp higher than the next with a big fat power curve from 4,500 to 7,200.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Srs bsns.

My Cars
    skateboard
    All of it.

Seriously, I don't know because this was a terrible dyno and they were using wheel speed only. So yeah, who knows. I can only compare to the other cars that ran on it that day, and it was 180whp higher than the next with a big fat power curve from 4,500 to 7,200.
    No matters its still a beast....
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Mindy is hogging all the torques! I want some, could you spare a few?

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    wow nice!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    I've been busy lately.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast