Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Mindy's Reincarnation

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Awesome video! I wonder if you had some lighter wheels that thing would fly like a bat outta hell
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    Turbo S52 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    Awesome video! I wonder if you had some lighter wheels that thing would fly like a bat outta hell
    Yea, sure, There's no way 700ft/lbs is turning those purely sexual wheels fast enough...

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    He has fikse fm10's how much lighter can we get.

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Yeah, don't think I can get any lighter wheels and that's far from my problem. They are insanely light. It's an aluminum center with thin aluminum barrels and lips. They are circa 15 lbs each.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Yeah, don't think I can get any lighter wheels and that's far from my problem. They are insanely light. It's an aluminum center with thin aluminum barrels and lips. They are circa 15 lbs each.
    Just the way I designed them.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Anyone questioning anything on this car, please reread the quote below.

Car is badass. Owner is badass. Nuff said.

Before I respond, I want to reiterate my original goal of the car. While drag cars serve their purpose, my intention is not to have this car be that. I aim to have a well rounded car - one that I can autocross, take to the track if I want, go drag racing, eat up some mountain twisties, drive around on the street with a/c and tunes, or go get groceries (you know, because the milk can't get hot on the way home). The car still has a full interior with no weight saving modifications. Scale weight with driver is 3325lb. with 10 gallons in the tank and a driver weight of 255lb.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    a few e30s
    So do panties just drop as mindy drives by? How many chicks want to sex the car/you at events? Are you rock hard while driving?

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Anyone questioning anything on this car, please reread the quote below.

Id probably question the DIFF
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    97 M3, 85 318i
    Butters, are you having difficulties with your satellite communication device?

Custom Stage 3-ish RMS supercharged E36 M3/4/5
    Frankenstein e30 318i commuter

My Cars
    87 325e coupe-koral red
    been following Mindy on IG.... loving the progress!

My Cars
    00 528iT | 95 325is
    Its the heavy ass tires slowing ya down, need to get some 275's stretched on there, M5hunter was doing work over in that street lane.

M5Hunter is offline Still has a E39 Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E39
    Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    Its the heavy ass tires slowing ya down, need to get some 275's stretched on there, M5hunter was doing work over in that street lane.
    Not everyone can do it like I do...

My Cars
    00 528iT | 95 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Hunter View Post
    Not everyone can do it like I do...
    You do know how to making it slippery...

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    It's been a long time since an update:

The car is still running good, better than ever!

If you don't follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.michael.thayer) or Instagram (http://instagram.com/jmthayer) here is a little update.

Ran 11.4 @ 138 on a shakedown pass w/ no launch and no boost controller driving like a grandma. Second run hooked it up a bit and sheared 2nd gear off. Transmission is a box of marbles. Today was the day for 140+ but the transmission didn't agree with the plan. It's been a great year for Mindy! I blame Boris for this. He told me I was driving like I was going to get groceries on the first run. Haha. (This was on 11/22.)

I have a semi-local friend that is working on rebuilds / upgrades for the ZF transmissions. (More to come on this in Q1 2015). We have a new core unit ripped apart and the guts are off being polished and cryo treated. I'm not sure that it's going to hold up to the torque, but we will give it a shot. I'm not really ready to move to a 6sp yet as it would mean a new driveshaft. I said I'll blow up one more ZF 5sp and then make the decision.

Also on the winter plan is rebuilding/replacing the differential. The 2.93 that started BimmerDiffs is still doing very well, but it's time for some new tricks. Likely going to polish and cryo the gearset and do a little bit more of a custom setup.

Not really happy with the charge pipe to intercooler currently, so maybe I'll remake it too. Would like to get it up a bit more from the ground.

Car needs a good detail. That list should be good for the hibernation!

That's all good news. I'll be primarily focused on the 528i build (http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?2122495). And maybe a new business venture to help the BMW community!

My Cars
    E39

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to your future endeavors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Clay.

The typo in that meme gave me a headache.

Cdmbmw.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    E39
    lol, I didnt notice that, guess thats what I get for stealing someones meme.

Hopefully the point still comes across

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Hunter View Post
    lol, I didnt notice that, guess thats what I get for stealing someones meme.

Hopefully the point still comes across
    Like nails on a chalkboard ...

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    I'm surprised more people haven't tried to upgrade the ZF trans. Its very stout for a 100$ 5spd trans. I feel like the common solution is just go to a different trans.

Is their any modifications you would make to the box past cryo treating? What are its weak points besides the gears themselves? Are you sure its not case flex or input/output shaft flex that is causing the gears to become marbles?

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by rowleym View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't tried to upgrade the ZF trans. Its very stout for a 100$ 5spd trans. I feel like the common solution is just go to a different trans.

Is their any modifications you would make to the box past cryo treating? What are its weak points besides the gears themselves? Are you sure its not case flex or input/output shaft flex that is causing the gears to become marbles?
    I think the problem will be that modification will be relatively expensive. I'm going into this as more of a R&D cost, because if we can get something to last a bit better, I think that my business could market it to my customer base.

Polishing would have a significant benefit for road track guys as it would keep the oil temps down.

Until this unit is ripped out of the car and dissected, we won't really know exactly what happened. Even then, we might not know what happened. One thing that I will promise if full transparency whenever possible.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by rowleym View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't tried to upgrade the ZF trans. Its very stout for a 100$ 5spd trans. I feel like the common solution is just go to a different trans. Is their any modifications you would make to the box past cryo treating? What are its weak points besides the gears themselves? Are you sure its not case flex or input/output shaft flex that is causing the gears to become marbles?
    its the input shaft that is usually the culprit.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    In for pics of the carnage!!

/.randy

My Cars
    Estoril Mcoupe
    I would try cryogenicly freezing the whole damn zf just sayin...

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by iRodD View Post
    I would try cryogenicly freezing the whole damn zf just sayin...
    if you can get all the fluids and not metallic stuffs out.
    Last edited by vollosso; 12-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    The clutches, as removed, measured 7.99mm flywheel clutch and 7.87mm pressure plate clutch. Since I had it apart, I cleaned everything with brake parts cleaner and rotated the clutches. It makes sense to me the pressure plate clutch would be the one most worn.

I'm hoping that this Saturday I can button it back up and move it around again.
    UUC Twin Disc wear update ...

The clutch is disassembled again, ready for the new transmission to go in! More details on the transmission later.

Flywheel clutch: Started 7.87mm, now measures 7.77mm in most thin spot.
    Pressure plate clutch: Started 7.99mm, now measures 7.76mm in most thin spot.

I'm leaving the components in the same order as they are damn near equal thickness now.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast