Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Mindy's Reincarnation

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Can't wait to see her launch!!!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    87 325e coupe-koral red
    looks like u'll be popping wheelies with Mindy in the near future

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    It's been a bit since I've posted an update - so here it goes ...

First, here's a picture of Mrs. MCoupeMindy holding the shaft.

Now, installing the shaft was far from fun. A simple two hour maximum job almost took two days. Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to copy the text I sent over to DSS. I just sent this morning, so hopefully I'll get a response within a few days.

There are some fundamental problems in which I will address below. I think it's important for you to know about all of these.

1.) To my disappointment, the transmission to CV adapter was not properly machined. See pictures. Because I needed to quickly install for an event as the driveshaft arrived two weeks later than originally expected, I was forced to drill this out myself with a drill press. Where this was functional, it is not pretty. See pictures. Also, I had to stack lock washers to correctly set the bolt height - see other picture. I didn't expect to do anything of this as our conversations implied the machinist would know the appropriate dimensions.

2.) The total length of the shaft with the CV fully compressed was the length specified. I'd expect that the total length would have been at the center of the CV travel, otherwise I would have shortened it a bit for installation. Obviously this made installation a disaster. After a lot of man handling with a few guys, we were able to get it in, but the grease cover on the CV suffered. See picture. Of course this isnt impacting performance of the CV, but not something I'd expect.

3.) Just for your records, the differential needed to be shimmed down significantly to allow the passage of the driveshaft through the subframe. Right now the front is dropped approximately 1/4" to avoid interference. Shimming now is a temporary fix - this winter I'll need to drop the subframe down and fabricate spacers to move the differential.

4.) The shaft DOES have a vibration. Now, this doesn't bother me too much, but I wanted you to know. I've isolated it to the range of 3050-3250 shaft RPM. It may be a harmonic of the drivetrain as a whole, but it has been caused by the driveshaft. I run a really stout, long 2.93 rear gear for this happens at 80MPH. But for a normal street guy with a shorter 3.23-3.46, it would happen during normal cruise at 65MPH.

Here's a comparison picture between the factory and new shaft:

The good news is that the shifter does not interfere with the driveshaft. It's close, but we're good there.

To test the shaft, it obviously meant a short road trip. I chose to go visit Sanderson Propeller in Richmond to pick up a couple of differentials. This apparently is an approved E85 fill-up location. LoL.

Made it to Richmond without an issue. But on the way back home I lost fuel in traffic. The damn fuel pump fuse holders melted. So, I had to unload the car (four gas cans, two differentials in black bags - I must have looked like a murderer) and hotwire the relays without a fuse. Still working fine that way now, but I need to get fuses back in there for safety reasons.

Stopped at Bass Pro and Sonic on the way home. Good 300 mile trip with boosty noises. Yes, I'm a kid and can't behave in traffic.

On labor day, headed to MIR to give it a workout. Ambient was 90+ and I think track temp had to be over 100. This was my first time back to the strip since blowing the headgasket on my original built engine due to faulty fasteners. For the first few runs I just rolled it out of the box and didn't spin anywhere on the track. I was able to trap 131MPH easy, but the car didn't have enough power.

VIDEO: http://instagram.com/p/dwzIWqyBh8/

After I ran the 131MPH, I decided to make one last pass since it was insanely hot and I wasn't feeling well. I did use the secondary rev limiter but lower boost (26psi range). The car went like snot. Ran an 11.6 @ 127 with a 2.1 60'. Logs show I was only making about 550whp on that run.

I do have some small kinks to work out of the car. First, I need to spring the wastegate harder. Asking the controller to hold 2+ bar with a 1 bar spring is too much. Also, Jordan is helping me troubleshoot some fuel trim stuff currently - the car was overfueling, but it appears to be due to long term trim. Third, I think it's time for new plugs as I'm still on my first set. I think plugs are going to be a 3,000 mile maintenance item with E85.

For the record, race weight was 3,305. I'm a hefty guy at 255+, so some of the modifications I did last round did add extra weight to the car. For example, the drive shaft added 18 pounds or so. No worries, just need more boost.

This last weekend I headed to MPACT to send some differentials up North.

Let's put this here: A BIG THANKS TO MAXPSI FOR TAKING THE DIFFERENTIALS TO NJ FOR ME WHEN MY OTHER TRANSPORT STOOD ME UP.

It was excellent catching up with some friends, talking to vendors (especially Luke and Mike from MaxPSI).

Also, it was a rare opportunity to see two of the imola powerhouses in one location. Over 1200RWHP in this picture below.

With some "you won't do it comments", I decided to hoon a bit at the autocross. I typically don't like small courses because I can't use the car, but what the hell.

Here are some VIDEOS:

Roll out (this is NOT a hard launch): http://instagram.com/p/eQyRz9ijeN/
    Outside noise: http://instagram.com/p/eQvT7_MFSu/
    And more outside noise: http://instagram.com/p/eQI04UGPtl/

On the way back, had the chance to toy with a Porsche Cayman. There wasn't enough buses to measure the little 60-120 run (or whatever) we did. Both he and his wife gave us a thumbs up and we went our ways.

After that, just boosty noises and black marks every few miles.

Right before I got home, the rear end became unstable again (feel dynamic toe). I think those damn IE weld in adjusters are loose again. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to put it on the lift and take a look.

Sorry for the long post - hope you enjoy.

~ Jonathan

My Cars
    Out of Service
    I had the same problems with my adapters too. The bolts then sent had too large of a head, so they sent me smaller head bolts, but they also were a smaller diameter bolt overall. I was really disappointed when I got the smaller bolts. They just fit loose and sloppy in their bores, but I guess they technically did the job.

My Cars
    Lotus Super 7
    Your plugs need to be changed because your running pig rich and fouling them. Many cars run the same dirty cheap copper plugs for 20k no problem before changing. Iridioms on E85 are also changed at regular maintenance periods of 60-80k.

Just putting this info out there incase someone reads your post and starts thinking that if they convert to E85 they will need to change plugs a lot. This is false.

Now, you do need to change your oil frequently. On E85 I change every 2-3k instead of 5k. And when you change it, it will STINK like E85.

J. R.
    Attention TURBO LOVERS, Great book -----> How to turbocharge and Tune your Engine

Favorite Automotive Tuning Articles on the Internet: Engine Tuning Articles
    My Car: Custom Build Lotus Super 7

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    I had the same problems with my adapters too. The bolts then sent had too large of a head, so they sent me smaller head bolts, but they also were a smaller diameter bolt overall. I was really disappointed when I got the smaller bolts. They just fit loose and sloppy in their bores, but I guess they technically did the job.
    I would not agree to smaller bolts as they do take a significant beating and are responsible for you keeping the driveshaft attached to the transmission. I hope that's not their response as that would be terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flexer View Post
    Your plugs need to be changed because your running pig rich and fouling them. Many cars run the same dirty cheap copper plugs for 20k no problem before changing. Iridioms on E85 are also changed at regular maintenance periods of 60-80k.

Just putting this info out there incase someone reads your post and starts thinking that if they convert to E85 they will need to change plugs a lot. This is false.

Now, you do need to change your oil frequently. On E85 I change every 2-3k instead of 5k. And when you change it, it will STINK like E85.

J. R.
    J. R. - your post sounds almost rude, I hope that's not the way you intended it.

Yes, we are running the car richer than a "stock" flex fuel vehicle to get into the power range of E85. That doesn't mean that off throttle it doesn't run at stoich. On pump gas with high power turbo cars, you'd be dumb not to at least inspect them every 10K. On aftermarket forced induction cars, you should change your plugs as frequently as needed. I would expect someone coming here to read has common sense. They also may just need to be re-gapped and cleaned at this point which wouldn't surprise me.

For oil interval, planning on 1,500 mile changes due to it being an occasional car using conventional oil and E85.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Nice meeting with you too. Love the car and I am very impressed how well the car behaves on the 115's.

I ran into a group of the supercharged E92's from Auto Couture on the way from MPact...it did not end well for the group!
    Maximum PSI - 908.290.3571
    sales@maximumpsi.com
    Like us on Facebook!

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Looking good Jonathan! Keep it up! Cant wait to get the diff in!
    Last edited by NY98M3; 09-18-2013 at 12:36 PM.

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    We need more videos... nvm. Ill just come over! LOL
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my builds on youtube and IG.

www.youtube.com/thenameskam

@thenameskam on IG

My Cars
    Lotus Super 7
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

J. R. - your post sounds almost rude, I hope that's not the way you intended it.

Yes, we are running the car richer than a "stock" flex fuel vehicle to get into the power range of E85. That doesn't mean that off throttle it doesn't run at stoich. On pump gas with high power turbo cars, you'd be dumb not to at least inspect them every 10K. On aftermarket forced induction cars, you should change your plugs as frequently as needed. I would expect someone coming here to read has common sense. They also may just need to be re-gapped and cleaned at this point which wouldn't surprise me.

For oil interval, planning on 1,500 mile changes due to it being an occasional car using conventional oil and E85.
    The people coming here to read, read very liberally, so yes I do think some people after reading your post might think they need to change plugs more frequently. Also, all my posts come off as rude because its the internet. It shows no emotion and I am a very "get to the point" person so it is what it is. Only those looking to be offended get offended.

Here comes another factual post don't take it as rude. Your statement: "we are running the car richer than a "stock" flex fuel vehicle to get into the power range of E85" is false as well. E85 has been found to have both a max power lean and rich ratio. While it does slightly change per car most find that it is around the same A/F value they had on gas assuming your using a A/F meter that is calibrated to gas (So a stoic value of 14.7). Most of the cars I tune end up finding max power on E85 to be between 11.8 and 12.5. Did you know they also would make equal power in the 13's? I've never tried it but a paper done by Volvo found two power burn ratio's. There are several SAE papers that have really good studies done on the power of ethanol and its detonation suppression abilities. For example. Did you know they found only a .8% difference in power between E40 and E80 assuming you tune for MBT? Or did you know they found that the difference in detonation suppression between E40 and E80 was almost un-measurable and that when moving all the way to E100 only offered 1.7 points more ignition at MBT before detonation was detected? Yet how many people have you heard Mcoupmindy say: "Sucks my local station only pumps E60.....I can't wait to order some E100 and really make power." I read it all the time.

Tell your tuner to dial in high 11's with your A/F and slowly move to a max value of 12.1-12.2 to play it safe. Do this on a dyno and find out where your motor likes it. Hell dial it down into the low 11's and see if it likes that, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.
    Last edited by flexer; 09-18-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Attention TURBO LOVERS, Great book -----> How to turbocharge and Tune your Engine

Favorite Automotive Tuning Articles on the Internet: Engine Tuning Articles
    My Car: Custom Build Lotus Super 7

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by flexer View Post
    The people coming here to read, read very liberally, so yes I do think some people after reading your post might think they need to change plugs more frequently. Also, all my posts come off as rude because its the internet. It shows no emotion and I am a very "get to the point" person so it is what it is. Only those looking to be offended get offended.

Here comes another factual post don't take it as rude. Your statement: "we are running the car richer than a "stock" flex fuel vehicle to get into the power range of E85" is false as well. E85 has been found to have both a max power lean and rich ratio. While it does slightly change per car most find that it is around the same A/F value they had on gas assuming your using a A/F meter that is calibrated to gas (So a stoic value of 14.7). Most of the cars I tune end up finding max power on E85 to be between 11.8 and 12.5. Did you know they also would make equal power in the 13's? I've never tried it but a paper done by Volvo found two power burn ratio's. There are several SAE papers that have really good studies done on the power of ethanol and its detonation suppression abilities. For example. Did you know they found only a .8% difference in power between E40 and E80 assuming you tune for MBT? Or did you know they found that the difference in detonation suppression between E40 and E80 was almost un-measurable and that when moving all the way to E100 only offered 1.7 points more ignition at MBT before detonation was detected? Yet how many people have you heard Mcoupmindy say: "Sucks my local station only pumps E60.....I can't wait to order some E100 and really make power." I read it all the time.

Tell your tuner to dial in high 11's with your A/F and slowly move to a max value of 12.1-12.2 to play it safe. Do this on a dyno and find out where your motor likes it. Hell dial it down into the low 11's and see if it likes that, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.
    Sorry for the misread then - that's why I didn't want to assume.

The car seems to like the 11.6-11.7 range best. It makes good power and response is good. We have over 100 dyno pulls on it and probably almost the same for street tuning. It's a bit on the wasteful side IMO but I think it has something to do with it being too low of compression for optimal E85 use. It could use a bit more dial in, however we are still running insanely conservative timing. I'm sure we can pick up gobs more torque with timing, but I've worked hard to get it to this point and I really don't want to paperweight it again.

Yes, I've actually read, in detail, all the white papers you discuss. The only problem with the lean burn point of ethanol (low 13's on a 14.7) is that it doesn't offer the cool with fuel benefits. The information is out there, it's just the lazy who can't take the time to understand it or talk to people who do.

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    Have you made hardware changes since you were tuned at ICS?
    OLD
    E30

636whp
    1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

NEW BUILD
    335d

520whp
    635wtq
    120.51mph trap speed

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by futureroadracer View Post
    Have you made hardware changes since you were tuned at ICS?
    The only change I've made was the installation of the driveshaft. Nothing else. It's nice to be able to drive it instead of work on it for once

M5Hunter is offline Still has a E39 Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E39
    It's nice to be able to drive it instead of work on it for once
    Whats that like?

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Quote Originally Posted by maximumpsi View Post
    Nice meeting with you too. Love the car and I am very impressed how well the car behaves on the 115's.

I ran into a group of the supercharged E92's from Auto Couture on the way from MPact...it did not end well for the group!
    In the e46 or e36?
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    The second time I watched your videos...I was naked. Just sayin'.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    The second time I watched your videos...I was naked. Just sayin'.
    Hard to see it in the video, but I'm not wearing pants either.

p.s. Did you get my email?

My Cars
    a few e30s

That would be a requirement, on no pants Thursday.

My Cars
    m3, gtr
    Jeez, that adapter bolt issue is bush league. Same with the length. Why do we still support this company?

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Quote Originally Posted by black bnr32 View Post
    Jeez, that adapter bolt issue is bush league. Same with the length. Why do we still support this company?
    Yea. They are having their "engineers" taking a look at my adapter plate since I had the same issue and they have my driveshaft do to vibe issues. They apparently have discovered a tolerance issue with the CV and replaced the CV on my driveshaft. As soon as they figure out what to do with the adapter plate, I will be getting mine back. They will be keeping the CV on the diff side for mine.

My Cars
    none
    Email sent.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe

Nope. Hrmmm...must have an old email set up here sorry. I'll check to see which on is set up and look at my old email accounts.

Found it and emailed you back thanks!
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 09-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    A big THANKS to Butters and David. I received these two in the mail the last two days.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    A big THANKS to Butters and David. I received these two in the mail the last two days.
    Just made it the other day ; ), honered to have a tiny piece in that nasty car. Good luck at the track, hope you hit your goal.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Been a bit since an update, so here it goes. I like to share info.

Put the new wastegate springs in and of course needed to take it out for a (quick) test session. The controller is inactive right now. To show spool characteristics of this big frame turbo, I did a couple of pulls. I like it.

3rd Gear
    Time Marker Elapsed Time KPA PSI RPM ROAD SPEED
    458.2 0 0 0 2300 35.88
    458.3 0.1 0.6 0.09 2300 35.88
    458.4 0.2 1.6 0.23 2400 37.44
    458.5 0.3 2.9 0.42 2400 37.44
    458.6 0.4 3.9 0.57 2500 39
    458.7 0.5 5.3 0.77 2500 39
    458.8 0.6 6.3 0.91 2600 40.56
    458.9 0.7 7.6 1.1 2600 40.56
    459 0.8 9.3 1.35 2600 40.56
    459.1 0.9 11.3 1.64 2700 42.12
    459.2 1 13.3 1.93 2700 42.12
    459.3 1.1 15.3 2.22 2800 43.68
    459.4 1.2 16.9 2.45 2800 43.68
    459.5 1.3 18.9 2.74 2900 45.24
    459.6 1.4 21.6 3.13 2900 45.24
    459.7 1.5 24.3 3.52 3000 46.8
    459.8 1.6 27.6 4 3100 48.36
    459.9 1.7 30.3 4.39 3100 48.36
    460 1.8 33.6 4.87 3200 49.92
    460.1 1.9 36.6 5.31 3200 49.92
    460.2 2 40.2 5.83 3300 51.48
    460.3 2.1 44.2 6.41 3300 51.48
    460.4 2.2 50.9 7.38 3400 53.04
    460.5 2.3 56.6 8.21 3500 54.6
    460.6 2.4 71.9 10.43 3600 56.16
    460.7 2.5 81.5 11.82 3700 57.72
    460.8 2.6 94.9 13.76 3800 59.28
    460.9 2.7 110.2 15.98 3900 60.84
    461 2.8 139.1 20.17 4000 62.4
    461.1 2.9 154.8 22.45 4100 63.96
    461.2 3 165.8 24.05 4300 67.08
    461.3 3.1 161.5 23.42 4400 68.64
    461.4 3.2 110.5 16.03 4300 67.08
    461.5 3.3 146.5 21.25 4500 70.2
    461.6 3.4 175.8 25.5 4600 71.76
    461.7 3.5 183.1 26.56 4700 73.32
    461.8 3.6 185.1 26.85 5000 78
    461.9 3.7 190.4 27.62 4900 76.44
    462 3.8 189.4 27.47 5100 79.56
    462.1 3.9 187.8 27.24 5400 84.24
    462.2 4 188.1 27.28 5300 82.68
    462.3 4.1 188.1 27.28 5500 85.8

4th Gear
    Time Marker Elapsed Time KPA PSI RPM ROAD SPEED
    337.4 0 6.6 0.96 2100 44.52
    337.5 0.1 7.3 1.06 2100 44.52
    337.6 0.2 7.6 1.1 2100 44.52
    337.7 0.3 7.9 1.15 2200 46.64
    337.8 0.4 8.9 1.29 2200 46.64
    337.9 0.5 9.3 1.35 2200 46.64
    338 0.6 9.9 1.44 2200 46.64
    338.1 0.7 10.6 1.54 2200 46.64
    338.2 0.8 11.3 1.64 2200 46.64
    338.3 0.9 11.9 1.73 2200 46.64
    338.4 1 12.9 1.87 2300 48.76
    338.5 1.1 13.9 2.02 2300 48.76
    338.6 1.2 14.3 2.07 2300 48.76
    338.7 1.3 15.6 2.26 2300 48.76
    338.8 1.4 16.3 2.36 2300 48.76
    338.9 1.5 17.3 2.51 2300 48.76
    339 1.6 18.3 2.65 2400 50.88
    339.1 1.7 18.9 2.74 2400 50.88
    339.2 1.8 19.6 2.84 2400 50.88
    339.3 1.9 20.3 2.94 2400 50.88
    339.4 2 21.3 3.09 2400 50.88
    339.5 2.1 22.3 3.23 2500 53
    339.6 2.2 22.6 3.28 2500 53
    339.7 2.3 23.6 3.42 2500 53
    339.8 2.4 24.6 3.57 2500 53
    339.9 2.5 24.9 3.61 2500 53
    340 2.6 26.3 3.81 2600 55.12
    340.1 2.7 26.9 3.9 2600 55.12
    340.2 2.8 27.9 4.05 2600 55.12
    340.3 2.9 28.9 4.19 2600 55.12
    340.4 3 29.6 4.29 2600 55.12
    340.5 3.1 30.3 4.39 2700 57.24
    340.6 3.2 31.3 4.54 2700 57.24
    340.7 3.3 33.3 4.83 2700 57.24
    340.8 3.4 34.2 4.96 2700 57.24
    340.9 3.5 35.6 5.16 2800 59.36
    341 3.6 36.9 5.35 2800 59.36
    341.1 3.7 38.2 5.54 2800 59.36
    341.2 3.8 39.9 5.79 2800 59.36
    341.3 3.9 41.9 6.08 2900 61.48
    341.4 4 43.6 6.32 2900 61.48
    341.5 4.1 44.9 6.51 2900 61.48
    341.6 4.2 47.2 6.85 2900 61.48
    341.7 4.3 48.2 6.99 2900 61.48
    341.8 4.4 51.2 7.43 3000 63.6
    341.9 4.5 53.2 7.72 3000 63.6
    342 4.6 55.2 8.01 3000 63.6
    342.1 4.7 57.9 8.4 3100 65.72
    342.2 4.8 59.9 8.69 3100 65.72
    342.3 4.9 64.2 9.31 3100 65.72
    342.4 5 65.6 9.51 3100 65.72
    342.5 5.1 70.2 10.18 3100 65.72
    342.6 5.2 74.5 10.81 3200 67.84
    342.7 5.3 78.2 11.34 3200 67.84
    342.8 5.4 84.2 12.21 3200 67.84
    342.9 5.5 87.2 12.65 3300 69.96
    343 5.6 93.5 13.56 3300 69.96
    343.1 5.7 98.2 14.24 3300 69.96
    343.2 5.8 104.8 15.2 3400 72.08
    343.3 5.9 117.8 17.09 3400 72.08
    343.4 6 125.5 18.2 3500 74.2
    343.5 6.1 137.8 19.99 3500 74.2
    343.6 6.2 146.5 21.25 3600 76.32
    343.7 6.3 153.1 22.21 3600 76.32
    343.8 6.4 158.5 22.99 3700 78.44
    343.9 6.5 164.1 23.8 3700 78.44
    344 6.6 168.1 24.38 3800 80.56
    344.1 6.7 170.1 24.67 3800 80.56
    344.2 6.8 170.4 24.71 3900 82.68
    344.3 6.9 170.8 24.77 4000 84.8
    344.4 7 172.8 25.06 4000 84.8
    344.5 7.1 175.8 25.5 4100 86.92
    344.6 7.2 179.1 25.98 4200 89.04
    344.7 7.3 180.1 26.12 4200 89.04
    344.8 7.4 182.1 26.41 4300 91.16
    344.9 7.5 180.4 26.16 4400 93.28
    345 7.6 182.4 26.45 4400 93.28
    345.1 7.7 186.1 26.99 4400 93.28
    345.2 7.8 185.4 26.89 4500 95.4
    345.3 7.9 187.1 27.14 4600 97.52
    345.4 8 187.4 27.18 4700 99.64
    345.5 8.1 189.8 27.53 4700 99.64
    345.6 8.2 188.8 27.38 4700 99.64
    345.7 8.3 188.8 27.38 4800 101.76
    345.8 8.4 188.1 27.28 4900 103.88
    345.9 8.5 187.8 27.24 5000 106
    346 8.6 188.8 27.38 5000 106
    346.1 8.7 185.8 26.95 5100 108.12
    346.2 8.8 186.8 27.09 5100 108.12

Short story is that the car is running very nicely on just the spring.

I always like to do math to confirm the car is making the appropriate amount of power.

So, for example, the car went from 84.8mph to 106mph in 1.5 seconds.

This translates to acceleration of 0.614G's. Since the car weighed roughly 3305 pounds (last drag weight) it was producing 2029.27 lb. of force. To get axle force, you have to take tire radius / 12 * force. So 12.84 / 12 * 2029.27 = 2171.31 lb.ft. at the axle.

Divide by rear ratio to get drive shaft torque. 2171.31/2.93 = 741.06 ft.lb.

Then divide by trans ratio to get effective engine torque (factored with drivetrain loss). 741.06 lb.ft. / 1.23 = 602.48 lb.ft. which doesn't factor in any of the rolling drag forces or wind resistance pushing this brick through the air at 100mph.

OK, turning the nerd off now.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast