Thread: Need 25 Participants In A Road Trip Across America Survey!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i

Need 25 Participants In A Road Trip Across America Survey!

Hey everyone I am doing a research paper for my english class on the best road trip across america. One of my sources has to be a survey with at least 25 participants. Could you help me out? Please respond with answers to the 10 question numbered 1-10 in order. I would greatly appreciate any responses I can get. Thank you!!

The Best Road Trip Across America:
    Survey

1. What places and cities would you want to visit If you were to take a road trip across america?

2. How much money would you budget for your road trip?

3. What time of year is best to take this trip?

4. What kind of vehicle would you take?

5. How many weeks will your trip last?

6. Will you stay in hotels?

7. Who will go with you on your road trip?

8. Which state would you spent the most time in?

9. What would you do to prepare your vehicle?

10. Would you take your own food with you?

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Considering I did such a trip from Framingham, MA to Fallbrook, CA I will gladly respond.

1. New York City, Orlando, Miami, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, Denver, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Dallas, Portland and Seattle. Not in that order obviously.

2. $22.000,00

3. Summer obviously.

4. Any year BMW Z4 M Coupe, E92 BMW M3 6spd or E46 M3 6spd.

5. 4-6 weeks

6. Yes, why not?

7. Wife OR best friend. Never both.

8. Colorado just because of the twisty and straight mix of mountainous roads.

9. Change ALL the fluids and do a light to mid tuning.

10. Just survival food in the trunk in case something bad happens. But I'd always be eating at restraunts, never junky fast food though.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Baltoman; 04-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    Survey

1. What places and cities would you want to visit If you were to take a road trip across America?

Both coasts, NYC, San Francisco, Grand Canyon, Black Hills, Smoky Mountains.

$10,000.

May.

Jaguar S-Type R.

Of course.

Wife. Before I was married, a friend; but definitely not a girlfriend.

California, for Highway 1.

Make sure maintenance is up to date and tires are in good shape.

Enough for a few meals and some snacks, but not for the whole trip.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman View Post
    2. $22.000,00

5. 4-6 weeks
    Assuming you meant, 22,000.00 That's $785 (4 weeks) to $523 (6 weeks)/day??!? Really? Why limit yourself at all.

To OP: I can't answer your survey. I think the idea of "best" is incredibly subjective, overly broad, and really, the best would probably involve unlimited everything.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    Bmw
    1. What places and cities would you want to visit If you were to take a road trip across america? Fairbanks,Alaska

2. How much money would you budget for your road trip? $12,000

3. What time of year is best to take this trip? Winter to see the Northern Lights.

4. What kind of vehicle would you take? BMW

5. How many weeks will your trip last? 3 weeks

6. Will you stay in hotels? Yes and camp half of the time

7. Who will go with you on your road trip? Friends

8. Which state would you spent the most time in? Alaska

9. What would you do to prepare your vehicle? New tires and oil change

10. Would you take your own food with you? Snacks
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    Assuming you meant, 22,000.00 That's $785 (4 weeks) to $523 (6 weeks)/day??!? Really? Why limit yourself at all.

To OP: I can't answer your survey. I think the idea of "best" is incredibly subjective, overly broad, and really, the best would probably involve unlimited everything.
    Yeah that's what I meant, we use points to separate the zeros and commas to separate dollars from cents in Brazil so I always get that mixed up xD You can do a lot of cool stuff with $500 to $800 per day. Things don't necessarily need to be super expensive. Besides, this is just a survey, don't take it so seriously.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    I don't understand why all you kids don't understand how to use Survey Monkey yet. I would fail anyone who used a forum to collect primary data for a research assignment. I've done route 1 through Texas, haven't seen the Gulf Coast yet. Option 2 I'd love to take, but I haven't seen anything on that trip yet, so I'm kind of winging it based on what I've heard.

1. What places and cities would you want to visit If you were to take a road trip across america?

Southern Route West to East: Take 395 out of LA, go through Death Valley National Park, see Las Vegas. 15 into Utah. Zion, Bryce then over to Route 12 through Grand Escalante National Monument (one of the three most beautiful roads I've been on) to Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks- the five national parks in Utah. Over into Colorado onto I-70 and across the divide into Denver. Down the front range to Taos and Santa Fe New Mexico. Then to Carlsbad. Just hall ass across Texas because there isn't much there worth seeing, other than Big Bend National Park. I'd then go through the Gulf, see New Orleans, Mobile, down into Florida ending in Miami.

Another option: Starting in Seattle, across Washington into Montana to Glacier National Park. May pop over the boarder to see Jasper and Banff. Down south to Yellowstone and across into South Dakota for Wind Cave National Park and Custer State Park. Go to Mt. Rushmore, because why not? Then book it straight across the state to Lake Michigan. Maybe go north to see the Upper Peninsula, because why else would you get the chance? Then south down Michigan Stop by Detroit to see a dying city Then I'd hug Lake Eire and go to the Finger Lakes in New York, across New England and up into Maine. Stopping at Arcadia National Park.

As you can tell, I'm not really into cities.

Thinking of primarily camping, probably $50-75 a day, mostly for gas and food.

Option 1: September or October would be best. Option 2: July.

BMW X3 would be nice. Good space, nice ride, and you can go on dirt roads easily. Subaru Legacy would be a good option too.

One Month

No, well, maybe like once a week.

My fiance or dad, both would be great road trip buddies.

Option 1: Utah, Option 2: Montana/Wyoming

Oil change, new or newer tires, new cabin filter, general look over.

Yes, food is a primary expense on road trips. The more you can make/take yourself the more money you save.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman View Post
    You can do a lot of cool stuff with $500 to $800 per day. Things don't necessarily need to be super expensive.
    You and I are totally in different zip codes. Typical downtown hotel room is gonna be $140/night (cheaper if you look around or just ask if they can do better on the price) then there's gas & meals. You're talking about, what, $400/night for hotel and $350/day for meals and say $50 for gas, incidentals? Just out of curiosity, what do you get when you go super expensive?
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Survey

1. Estes Park, CO; Keyston, SD; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.

2. $8,000

3. Late Summer/Early Fall

4. Aston Martin

5. 6

6. Yes

7. My dog

8. California

9. Get renter's insurance

10. Nope

My Cars
    Ducati, Miata, Subie

Survey

The destination, often, doesn't make the trip. It's all the little places in between where you'll find your favorite moments. Destinations; anywhere near an ocean. What's more fun, and probably important, is the route you take to wherever you're going. That way, you can hit a few spots on the way such as the Jack Daniel's distillery, Graceland, Mt. Rushmore, the badlands, Roswell, or other touristy stuff. If you're driving from Cincinnati, OH to LA but have friends and family in Phoenix, you'll probably take a southern route. If you have an M3 and sticky tires, you'll want to go thru the Rockies. Routes are very important for any road trip. If you're worried about getting from A to B the quickest; take a plane.

AMEX...worry about it later

Late spring or fall if you're planning on going to/thru AZ or west TX

Whatever I own at the moment if I'm flying solo or it's a day trip. Rent an SUV if I have a lady friend coming along (she can drive it as well)

Depends on work schedule & paid vacation time

...and motels too

Whatever whore I'm dating at the time. Doing touristy shit and watching sunsets isn't for "bros". Likewise, a road trip with some of my friends would quickly devolve into a pub crawl...

Wherever the destination is; SD, DC, Miami, etc...

Oil change, inflate tires, find AAA card

Hell no. No McDonald's or chain food either unless all that is around is a Stucky's or DQ

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    You and I are totally in different zip codes. Typical downtown hotel room is gonna be $140/night (cheaper if you look around or just ask if they can do better on the price) then there's gas & meals. You're talking about, what, $400/night for hotel and $350/day for meals and say $50 for gas, incidentals? Just out of curiosity, what do you get when you go super expensive?
    Dude, it's an F'ing survey not actual planning. I just wrote down the first number that came to mind, get over it.

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by 3B2M8Wi View Post
    Hey everyone I am doing a research paper for my english class on the best road trip across america. One of my sources has to be a survey with at least 25 participants. Could you help me out? Please respond with answers to the 10 question numbered 1-10 in order. I would greatly appreciate any responses I can get. Thank you!!

Survey

Most big cities, plus national parks. When going west, I'd take the more northern route to hit the upper states, come down from Seattle to LA, go to Las Vegas, then hit lower states on the way back.

10k-15k

Late spring or early autumn

Cayenne Diesel.
    realistically speaking, my own or rent a Honda Odyssey.

It would be even more awesome if I went with 4-6 of my buddies on a road trip in 2-3 cars. Top Gear style !
    4-6 weeks
    Maybe, if I don't camp
    A friend or a sibling
    FL, CA, UT
    New tires, emergency kit, do all preventative maintenance.

Yes
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    hiss by my window