Thread: NCS: (Why) Can’t (I) Delete VO Option in ‘Enter FA’ ?

My Cars
    '07 320i E90

NCS: (Why) Can’t (I) Delete VO Option in ‘Enter FA’ ?

I'm aware that 'normally', you’re supposed to load Expert Mode Profile then after having your VIN/VO acknowledged, use the ‘Enter FA’ function to add or delete SA options.

Many guides specify, “To delete an option highlight the desired option then press the delete button on the keyboard”.

The reason I’ve started this thread is because I could not find any info on what needs to be done if an SA option will NOT delete even when selected and the Delete key on the keyboard is pressed. Note, I can add but I cannot delete an option in the ‘Enter FA’ editing window.

Has anyone encountered this and a solution before? I know some folks in other forums have encountered this issue but I didn't encounter any solutions, yet. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by tinkerman; 04-08-2013 at 02:05 PM.

My Cars
    '07 320i E90
    Can the VO be locked? If so, there must be a way to unlock it. Or perhaps there is just another way to edit the VO(FA)?
    Last edited by tinkerman; 04-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.

My Cars
    '07 320i E90
    Thanks to fdriller9 and icuc (from another forum), for pointing towards the 'delete' key itself as the possible issue.

I first tried ‘command+delete’ - it did not work. I then whipped out the beastly USB keyboard with all kinds of stuff on it – the ‘Delete’ key worked!!!

I have a feeling that the delete key on my MacBook Air was functioning as a ‘back space’ key rather than a ‘delete’ in NCS Expert (I didn’t notice this in other programs at all though).

Here’s the blasphemous setup I had going for one goddamn ‘Delete’ key – SICK!
    For Delete Key.jpg

I finally have the new battery registered correctly(!)
    1) Edit (Code) VO
    - In NCS Expert(Enter FA) delete VO option –B070 then added –B090 (70Ah to 90Ah battery rating)
    - FA Write to CAS and NFRM(FRM updated automatically)

2) Update (Code) CAS Batterie Classe
    - In NCS Expert edited Batterie Classe from 70Ah to 90Ah rating.

3) Register battery(in DME) using ToolSet32
    - Chose MEV17N46.PRG* as the reference(SGBD/Group) file then executed ‘steuern_batterietausch_registri’
    *Because my 2007 E90 320i has a DME model MV1746.

2 months of trouble shooting and lots of learning have paid off! Now if I can just get rid of those errors in INPA!
    Last edited by tinkerman; 04-12-2013 at 11:35 AM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 320CD M-Tech II
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Thanks to fdriller9 and icuc (from another forum), for pointing towards the 'delete' key itself as the possible issue.

I first tried ‘command+delete’ - it did not work. I then whipped out the beastly USB keyboard with all kinds of stuff on it – the ‘Delete’ key worked!!!

I have a feeling that the delete key on my MacBook Air was functioning as a ‘back space’ key rather than a ‘delete’ in NCS Expert (I didn’t notice this in other programs at all though).

Here’s the blasphemous setup I had going for one goddamn ‘Delete’ key – SICK!
    For Delete Key.jpg

I finally have the new battery registered correctly(!)
    1) Edit (Code) VO
    - In NCS Expert(Enter FA) delete VO option –B070 then added –B090 (70Ah to 90Ah battery rating)
    - FA Write to CAS and NFRM(FRM updated automatically)

2) Update (Code) CAS Batterie Classe
    - In NCS Expert edited Batterie Classe from 70Ah to 90Ah rating.

3) Register battery(in DME) using ToolSet32
    - Chose MEV17N46.PRG* as the reference(SGBD/Group) file then executed ‘steuern_batterietausch_registri’
    *Because my 2007 E90 320i has a DME model MV1746.

2 months of trouble shooting and lots of learning have paid off! Now if I can just get rid of those errors in INPA!
    Do you know what means the VO "-BFDY"