Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Chinese F1 GP @ Shanghai

My Cars
    '94 MX-6

2013 Chinese F1 GP @ Shanghai

Yeah yeah, it's not Tuesday, but it's been damn near 3 weeks since we got our last F1 fix, so it's time for another GP thread.

- Will the newfound tension in the RBR paddock spill over into quali or the race itself?
    - Will the saber-rattling by everyone's favorite little dictator a few hundred miles away affect the context of the event?
    - Will it be another good weekend for Mercedes?
    - Tires, tires, tires...

Gaaah. Sunday can't come soon enough. I dunno about you guys, but after discussing the Horner/Seb/Mark love triangle for the past 3 weeks, I'm ready for some real racing to contribute another storyline to this season besides what happened in Sepang.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    135i
    Will someone fill me in on the tension over at RBR?
    E82 N54

My Cars
    E30 M3

Even the 509 5-0 can't hate

My Cars
    2005 M3
    I am hopeful that the break gave McLaren a chance to work out some issues.

Outside of that, I think its going to go all RBR's way, with Mercedes and Ferrari duking it out just a few car lengths back.
    2005 M3 Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black Leather 6-speed
    1997 M3 Coupe Arctic Silver/Black Leather 5-speed (sold)

My Cars
    TBD
    Artic, you don't think Lotus will be anywhere near the front?

Looking forward to the race, have been jones'ing hard the past couple of weeks.

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    I hope Vettel crashes and burn. Like, literally.

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Somebody watched the Rush trailer one too many times...

Harsh, man. Weren't you in the Vettel camp up until last race?
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    TBD
    Shouldn't give a hoot.
    Last edited by RidgeBack; 04-08-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Judgement call

My Cars
    E30 M3
    I doubt Hugo (actually) "literally" wants to see someone get in a wreck where half of their face gets BBQ'd.

Even the 509 5-0 can't hate

My Cars
    540iT, GT3
    I am really looking forward to another inter-RBR fight on track. No matter what anybody else says about them, they still allow their drivers to be race car drivers and I doubt they will clamp down hard on either of them as long as they don't take each other out. Christian Horner said it best when he said that they're race car drivers, it happens.

Also looking forward to another inter-Mercedes fight. Hopefully Nico will be strong again and challenge Hamilton all throughout the race.

I really hope McLaren have got their shit together so that they can enter the fray up front.

BTW, joking about racers dying is not cool, because it happens and they usually don't deserve it. Remember, this is not OT.

My Cars
    2005 M3
    I am not sure Lotus is truly at the same level as Ferrari and Mercedes (though I'd love to see Kimi win it all). As the year progresses, I think they are going to slide a bit... Just a gut feeling.

I'd place the teams in this order (as of now): RBR, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus, McLaren, Force India, Sauber, Williams, STR, Marussia, Caterham

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    Webber will punt Vettel if given the chance. Maybe not in China but soon. The situation at RBR is pathetic but it has made and it will make for on track drama second to none. My vote is for Alonso to drive through the wreckage and onto the top step.

It will also be interesting to see how much progress the vaunted McLaren development machine can make. I was hopeful that Button might really shine as the No. 1 driver there, but so far the effort has not been impressive.

Hamilton will not pit at McLaren this time.
    Kimi will know what to do.
    Perez will not make it out of Q2.
    Sutil will finish 5 places higher than he qualifies.

My Cars
    TBD
    True, if past years are anything to go buy their mid year development has suffered compared to the other top tier teams.

Interesting that you rate FI ahead of Sauber. They did look good last time out while Sauber seemed to struggle compared to last year's form so I think you're right but I think Hulk and Sutil make the cars look better than what they actually are.

Hopefully the wider setup range on the STRs will reap some benefits and I'd really like to see Bottas to well in the Williams but they have a lot of work to do.

And agree that Caterham is the worst of the pack. I don't see it getting any better by season's end either.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Gentlemen! Rev those engines all the way to heaven.

I hope you guys are ready for more action and just forget about what happened at the last race.

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    Harsh, man. Weren't you in the Vettel camp up until last race?
    Yes. Until last race. It's over now. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyldare View Post
    I doubt Hugo (actually) "literally" wants to see someone get in a wreck where half of their face gets BBQ'd.
    Not quite. But if his car burned down to a crisp, and he barely escaped, I'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by snk328is View Post

BTW, joking about racers dying is not cool, because it happens and they usually don't deserve it. Remember, this is not OT.
    You are right, I don't want anyone to die. But a healthy dose of karma is in order, even if it means him getting hurt a little. Not too much though. No one likes a career to end because of an injury.

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    My predictions for RBR is that a battle will occur, but it will be passive-aggressive; Trying to pass while the other car is in the pits, and then keep the position. I don't think we will see them do anything that may be considered risky, only passing in DRS zones perhaps, no wheel-to-wheel.

My Cars
    F10 M5 E30 M50B28 Swap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
    Yes. Until last race. It's over now. Forever.
    Not quite. But if his car burned down to a crisp, and he barely escaped, I'd be fine.
    You are right, I don't want anyone to die. But a healthy dose of karma is in order, even if it means him getting hurt a little. Not too much though. No one likes a career to end because of an injury.
    I really do not understand this.

It was OK for Mark to disobey team orders (even though he failed) not only once but two times. No one has a problem with that.

God forbid the underdog gets stomped on (rightfully so IMHO as he demonstrated he would do the same) and everyone suddenly hates Vettel.

I will take what happened ANY day at RBR over what happened at Mercedes. I would prefer them all to just race and not procession around any more than we are already suffering through with these tires.

My prediction?

Rosberg is going to be on the podium this weekend, Hamilton will suffer his first failure from out in front of Rosberg.

Webber will be back to his shitty start, especially if it is a dry start.

Seb will win the race this weekend with Kimi rounding out the podium.

I do not think Ferrari or McLaren will have the pace to finish in the top 5.

I may be all wrong but that is what is so fun about F1, it seems so unpredictable these last couple of years.
    Hunter S. Thompson -“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

My Cars
    2005 M3
    (Posted this in the Malaysian GP thread as well)...

Vettel sat through an interview on Wednesday and basically gave Webber the verbal finger....
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/0...g-webber-back/
    Last edited by ArticM3; 04-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    I can't believe someone said literally and wished death/burning. Come on Huge, seriously? I will say again what I said in the other thread. Senna intentionally hit people and is a hero. Said he would do anything to win. He wrecked cars out trying to win... while in first place. Easily winning and wanted to push harder and harder. Schumi runs people to wall. Asks for team orders. Etc. He is a hero to many as well.

Vettel breaks team orders, something EVERYONE he has said they hate. And team orders were broken and admitted to be broken by his teammate before. Suddenly Vettel is the worst person ever and deserves to die in a fiery crash? Wow...

I hope Vettel gets in his car and stomps everyone. In full Vettel fashion. Last lap destruction in qualifying. Pulls huge gap in the race and just cruises around leaving the scraps from the table for everyone else. And his finger should be a middle finger after he wins.

Mercedes will probably fall off a bit along with Lotus. It will be interesting to see a fully dry weekend. See what goes down. Can't wait!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Just one and a half hours left to go for P1.

Can we stop talking on Vet/Web for the time being please! If he wants to do it again, so let it be.

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    1 hour to FP1

- - - Updated - - -

Stream:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/112960/1/watch-sky-sports-f1.html

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Never trust random plugins... Is that safe Gary?

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Always works great for me on Safari with adblock on.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Weird. Firefox loads and says it needs some plugin to download.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast