Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: EWS sync without installing EDIABAS/INPA/DIS using a $10 vagcom cable

My Cars
    E36 M43
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster5merson View Post
    Where do you find INPA that can be trusted, I tried several last night and my antivirus stopped them when I hit download.
    This software need Miccrosoft .NET Framework 4.
    Download it from Microsoft online.

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by bram2011 View Post

This software need Miccrosoft .NET Framework 4.
    Download it from Microsoft online.
    I have it, but I cant use it

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
    I have it, but I cant use it
    Can you please elaborate?
    S54 swap DME flashing - $100
    S54 swap CAN interface board (for proper A/C & check engine light) - $275
    e36 SAP sim/secondary air pump simulator:
    $75 - standard or $170 - plug & play
    e36 post-cat O2 sims: $115 shipped, plug & play

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeterson View Post

Can you please elaborate?
    I have installed in my laptop the Net Framework 4 and trying to install this program, but throw me an error.... see my previous posts, where I told what are the error...

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Hi there, I-m trying to install the program, but send me an error "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application. EWSSync.exe - .Net Framework Initialization Error@....
    I have a MacBook Pro, with Windows XP Pro, and Net Framework 4...
    @gpeterson

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    @gpeterson
    The app is compiled to target .NET 2.0 - can you please install it and try again?

My Cars
    BMW 735iA m62tu 2000
    I'm making great progress on a standalone windows application that will allow you to sync EWS using your PC, a $10 vagcom cable, $5 OBD2 to BMW 20-pin adapter. It is a standalone application that does not require installation of EDIABAS/INPA/DIS/VMWare, etc. and should be very easy to use.

UPDATE: download it here - http://e36-electronic.com/photos/EWSSync.exe
    Just tried this program, works great, doesnt take more than a few minutes all in all to finish the work

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30

The app is compiled to target .NET 2.0 - can you please install it and try again?
    Install .Net 2.0 and the program work great!!!
    one question, can I use this program to align a MS43 with EWS3?
    Here its mi situation:
    I have a e39 528i m52tu MS42 and EWS3.... so I stroke my motor to the 530 specs (m54b30 specs), now Im going to install the MS43 (m54 DME), with the new and complete engine harness (+ throttle body + fly by wire gas pedal), but I want to use my current key and ignition and door cylinder.....
    can I just install the DME (MS43) in to my car with my original key and EWS and use this program to copy the codes from my new DME (MS43) in to my original EWS3? and thats it?
    *The MS42 and MS43 use the same EWS3

regards,

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Here its mi situation:
    I have a e39 528i m52tu MS42 and EWS3.... so I stroke my motor to the 530 specs (m54b30 specs), now Im going to install the MS43 (m54 DME), with the new and complete engine harness (+ throttle body + fly by wire gas pedal), but I want to use my current key and ignition and door cylinder.....
    can I just install the DME (MS43) in to my car with my original key and EWS and use this program to copy the codes from my new DME (MS43) in to my original EWS3? and thats it?

regards,
    Not sure, I have only tested on EWS2.

My Cars
    BMW 735iA m62tu 2000
    I got this software for my car, where following software are installed:

Inpa
    Navcoder
    DIS/GT1
    NCS expert
    SSS Progman
    Win KFP
    TIS
    Toolset32

I want to know which one can show me live data?

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by mamij View Post
    I got this software for my car, where following software are installed:

Inpa
    Navcoder
    DIS/GT1
    NCS expert
    SSS Progman
    Win KFP
    TIS
    Toolset32

I want to know which one can show me live data?
    inpa

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    BMW 735iA m62tu 2000
    inpa
    Thanks alot, will have to study it more than

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    To my knowledge what you want to do cannot be done. EWS3 is a completely different beast and isn't able to be realigned like EWS2.

You need a key set, ignition switch, EWS3 module, and DME from a complete donor car.

Here its mi situation:

regards,
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by Stück View Post
    To my knowledge what you want to do cannot be done. EWS3 is a completely different beast and isn't able to be realigned like EWS2.

You need a key set, ignition switch, EWS3 module, and DME from a complete donor car.
    Thanks!!!
    I got all from a donor car (2003 530i, MS43 DME + EWS + Key + Ignition cylinder, all from the same donor car), but I have a problem, the kit came only with one key, so if I lost my key, I cant order a new one in my BMW local dealer.....
    So I want to use my current key, my OEM key, I have all the keys (2 master key + 1 Valet key + 1 Plastic key)......
    Last edited by jdjg; 06-30-2013 at 12:58 PM.

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    OK well... assuming you have the hard diamond key you can split the case open on both. Be careful to keep track of what is what.

Swap the small circuit board from the donor cars key into YOUR key.

You get to keep your matching keyset, and make the EWS happy.

The EWS has no idea what metal key blade or tumbler you're using.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    OK well... assuming you have the hard diamond key you can split the case open on both. Be careful to keep track of what is what.

Swap the small circuit board from the donor cars key into YOUR key.

You get to keep your matching keyset, and make the EWS happy.

The EWS has no idea what metal key blade or tumbler you're using.
    Yes, but this only works in one key (remember, I only have one key of the donor car), also, After the swap, I cant use my old key, since the door cylinder and ignition cylinder only works with the diamond key, also, what about my Valet key and my plastic key?, they do not work with the donor car cylinder door and ignition key......

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    I'm able to delete EWS from the US E36 M3 now, please PM me if you are interested.

My Cars
    BMW E36 M52B28 '1997
    this program can work with ads interface or not.
    thanks

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by JrCJrZ View Post
    this program can work with ads interface or not.
    thanks
    If your interface works in OBD mode than, yes, probably.

My Cars
    e70, e46
    just replaced and then synched a used e36 dme tonight using this software. Working great. Thanks

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i

Depends on what you mean by realign. If for some reason the two modules fall out of sync in their rolling code iterations (could happen if you try starting the engine w/ EWS disconnected), then you can realign them. What you can't do is sync the DME with a new EWS module unless you virginize the DME, which actually is pretty easy if you have a programmer (or BDM for some DMEs). Unlike EWS2, the DME learns the ISN from the EWS; not the other way around. And as far as I can tell, neither module allows you to actually read out the ISN (EWS rejects the command, and the DME spits out a junk response).

Seems like this app is for pairing a DME with an unknown EWS module.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 745i
    Have 2001 e38.

Ews 3.3 and I for some reason when using AK90 my EWS was rewritten with junk when it was read incorrectly by the AK90+.

So will this fix the numbers inside the EWS on my car?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Unlikely.

My Cars
    1971 2800CS
    Where's is a local store or anywhere that I can get this vagcom cord?? Based in southern cali.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by rcginc1 View Post
    Where's is a local store or anywhere that I can get this vagcom cord?? Based in southern cali.
    I seriously doubt you'll find one locally unless someone local is selling one in the classifieds. You can get them from Amazon though

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast