Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to->Replace the door handle pivot

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Very happy with my handles and this kit.
    IMG_3545.jpg
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    A set for my 850i please

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Ok, you pot-metal maggots.
    Bring.
    It.
    On.

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    That is exactly what I am doing, because it will go out sooner or later and in many cases it is already cracked but still somewhat functional.

Great upgrade, right up there with changing the Transmission oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe850V12 View Post
    Excellent, makes me want a set even though its not broken yet. Great write up, thanks or the excellent design and the support to the e31

tvjake2 is offline SoCalEights - CA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '97 840Ci, 1980 308
    Several people at Wrenchfest #2 were interested in this repair and process. I bought a set. They work. Bump.

My Cars
    95 840,14 535i
    Bought one this week, it was delivered very quickly. My door handle is starting to go out, going to try and take care of it tomorrow.

My Cars
    BMW 850CI 1993
    ello Hiper, okay?

I need a repair kit for the handle of the driver's door. What is your e-mail to contact?
    All the best.

My Cars
    '97 840CI

My Cars
    Bmw 850i
    Hyper I really need a set of these for my 91 850i. Send me an email sebas2768@yahoo.com

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    I would but, unfortunately, the "compose" key on my email machine is still busted. Parts are on back order.
    Good news, the "reply" key works like new.
    So...
    if you could perhaps/maybe use the contact information provided in the post just previously...

My Cars
    1993 850Ci
    1993 850Ci

I found your timely published "How To Fix" info on repair of the driver's side exterior door handle...the problem I currently enjoy on my car - - I cannot open the driver's side door from the outside. The inside handle works ok. Is this fix for my car?

The article mentions reference to a kit. Is there such an item that could be acquired or better yet, does anyone know of a repair facility in the Southern California area, that could fix my door handle? Any suggestions are appreciated.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Yes, Hyper has your door handle repair fix. See post #32

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom McAllister View Post
    1993 850Ci

......does anyone know of a repair facility in the Southern California area, that could fix my door handle? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    tvjake2 from above or the next Socal Wrenchfest in Signal Hill.
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

tvjake2 is offline SoCalEights - CA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '97 840Ci, 1980 308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom McAllister View Post
    1993 850Ci

I found your timely published "How To Fix" info on repair of the driver's side exterior door handle...the problem I currently enjoy on my car - - I cannot open the driver's side door from the outside. The inside handle works ok. Is this fix for my car?

The article mentions reference to a kit. Is there such an item that could be acquired or better yet, does anyone know of a repair facility in the Southern California area, that could fix my door handle? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    This is not a difficult repair if you want to do it yourself. If you don't you could get any mechanic or body shop to do it.

My Cars
    not enough
    I got my kit and just ordered door gaskets. I'm hoping to tackle this on the CSi in the next couple weeks. I calculate about 2-3 hrs work per side from start to finish? Does that sound about right?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    1993 BMW 850Ci
    Probably 2 hours on the first side, half that on the second. Just fiddly little land mines can make it bad: losing the small screws behind the inner door handle, breaking the fragile plastic connectors on the many wiring sockets, etc. The wires between the door frame and door card are not lengthy, so it helps to have a second person hold the door card when you reconnect everything. Make sure you have good lighting, and follow Hyper’s directions – it will all go well.

Mark in mid-MO
    1993 BMW 850Ci 6-speed
    2011 Cadi CTS coupe 6-speed

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMW View Post
    Probably 2 hours on the first side, half that on the second. Just fiddly little land mines can make it bad: losing the small screws behind the inner door handle, breaking the fragile plastic connectors on the many wiring sockets, etc. The wires between the door frame and door card are not lengthy, so it helps to have a second person hold the door card when you reconnect everything. Make sure you have good lighting, and follow Hyper’s directions – it will all go well.
    Gotcha, thanks for the input. I just wanted to get a ballpark of how much time to allocate for the project.
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    1988 m6
    Hi Fellow Bimmer Fans,

Many of you know me, as I rebuild a few Bimmer parts.

I now offering to FIX your e31 Broken Door Handles. Send me your Door Handles, for my install

I have new Fabricated SS parts, that I can install, into both of your e31 Door Handles

My Door Handle FIX installed is $190.00 pair + return ship via, includes install
    USPS Priority Mail Med Flat Rate Box is $17.00 + Ins, see my web site for Insurance feeschedule
    A Single DH is $125.00 +RS +ins
    so send me your e-mail for a final price.
    to jay_c_stratton@hotmail.com
    Pay by check,
    OR
    If PayPal (I will quote),

Best, Jay

In case you were wondering how to actually remove the Door Handles from the Door,
    On my website # 17, page one Caption, I have a Link to a Tutorial, scroll down and then copy/paste.

Cheers,

Here is the Link in BF, https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rrent-websites

Please read the Top Part, then go to # 17 e31 Door Handle Repair

LINK is also in the footer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by master6; 11-28-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Jay
    '88 M6 Cinnabar Red / Nappa Natur Highline Interior (10-87) Santa Ana, California. USA

My NEW Website, Link : https://www.jaysbmwparts.com

Booster repair
    https://www.jaysbmwparts.com

A/C Wingcell Compressor leak repair

e31 Door Handle Fix,

My Cars
    850CI740Lsezd750L95sezd
    Quote Originally Posted by master6 View Post
    Hi Fellow Bimmer Fans,

Many of you know me, as I rebuild a few Bimmer parts.

I now offering to FIX your e31 Broken Door Handles. Send me your Door Handles, for my install

I have new Fabricated SS parts, that I can install, into both of your e31 Door Handles

........ ... .... ..

.... .... ... ... . ....

If PayPal (I will quote),

In case you were wondering how to actually remove the Door Handles from the Door,
    On my website # 17, page one Caption, I have a Link to a Tutorial, scroll down and then copy/paste.

Cheers,

Here is the Link in BF, https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rrent-websites

Please read the Top Part, then go to # 17 e31 Door Handle Repair

LINK is also in the footer
    Why do we( e31 community) have two guys doing the same thing? There are LOTS of other issues you could have applied your development time to. WTF

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOOOO I can make one too!!!! Bytch in Santa Ana joins the Me too BMovement.
    Last edited by CD05001CIA; 11-28-2021 at 10:26 PM.

My Cars
    1988 m6
    Quote Originally Posted by CD05001CIA View Post
    Why do we( e31 community) have two guys doing the same thing? There are LOTS of other issues you could have applied your development time to. WTF

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOOOO I can make one too!!!! Bytch in Santa Anna joins the Me too BMovement.
    Dear CD05001CIA ,

Why are you so upset,
    It is called competion, and you are comparing apples to oranges,
    I Started my e31 Door Handles over 2 years ago. At that time I read that Hyper was retiring. I did not need to get his permission.

Have you seen were he is still in business?

Why are you such an angry person, were you post your anger, with never mentioning your real name, an you just hide behind your alias.

In fact if you were to really read both of our services, Hyper used to sell a DIY Kit, and he did not post his prices on line.

Wereas I do not have a DIY product, I include the install of my product into the clients DH. (Apples to Oranges).
    And I am not afraid of posting my Prices.
    In fact I rebuild 17 different products and have been of Service to Bimmer Forums for over 10 years, and I have websites to help even DIYers with my Tutorials.

You should not post while DRUNK.

Best, Jay Stratton,
    Jay
    '88 M6 Cinnabar Red / Nappa Natur Highline Interior (10-87) Santa Ana, California. USA

My NEW Website, Link : https://www.jaysbmwparts.com

Booster repair

A/C Wingcell Compressor leak repair

e31 Door Handle Fix,

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Easy now guys... first off, Jay's solution is completely different from Hyper's or Ed's... and he does it for you... both sides...

My Cars
    Tesla, Hummer H2, 840Ci
    I have used Jay services before and it work great. A few socal8 member have usedJay also because of his services and also a local guy here in SoCal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Since its always been about community service, keeping cars on the road, I don't mind other solutions doing the same.
    In fact it takes the pressure off, makes me less obligated to keep owner's cars working.
    I think it's kinda odd though, running a pivot swap service, because most of total handle project is extracting the assembly and putting it back in.
    And isn't the vehicle down while the assembly is in transit?

I did take a 1 year off while changing houses to SoCal, but have been back in for some time and make 'em whenever people ask.
    No I don't have a website, no I am not on Facebook, no I don't sell on eBay.
    People know where to find me. Hint: 8pivotalMoments at gmail.
    Have shipped about 600 pieces, all at the same original price that shall not be named (on BF).

My Cars
    850CI740Lsezd750L95sezd
    Quote Originally Posted by master6 View Post
    Dear CD05001CIA ,

Why are you so upset,
    It is called competion, and you are comparing apples to oranges,
    I Started my e31 Door Handles over 2 years ago. At that time I read that Hyper was retiring. I did not need to get his permission.

Have you seen were he is still in business?

Why are you such an angry person, were you post your anger, with never mentioning your real name, an you just hide behind your alias.

In fact if you were to really read both of our services, Hyper used to sell a DIY Kit, and he did not post his prices on line.

Wereas I do not have a DIY product, I include the install of my product into the clients DH. (Apples to Oranges).
    And I am not afraid of posting my Prices.
    In fact I rebuild 17 different products and have been of Service to Bimmer Forums for over 10 years, and I have websites to help even DIYers with my Tutorials.

You should not post while DRUNK.

Best, Jay Stratton,
    Gregory J. Pollock . . . (626)-720-3645
    10546 Pinewood Ave.
    Tujunga, CA

'so upset?' yet another development time waster, who doesn't know Stow High In Transit.

'still in business (hobby)...' well yes.

Do the other 16 and come up with solutions that don't already have one.

NOT AN ALIAS... THAT IS THE VIN(Vehicle Identification Number: WBAEG4323SCD05001 // PLATE: 1265445) |see pic| anyone with Govt access to VIN data (DMV, LEO, Public Info Request) can access the information(QED).

TD-2_REG.jpg

Instagram IG: bye.bye.the.end

' I rebuild 17 different... ' "I am NOT impressed.", Joyce Meyer

Was sober during rant. Now drinking 40's.
    Last edited by CD05001CIA; 11-29-2021 at 12:56 AM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Let's stop bickering guys....

Here is my solution: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234236288340

Cheers!

My Cars
    1994 E31 840ci 2000 Z3 M
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Let's stop bickering guys....

Here is my solution: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234236288340

Cheers!
    I got a pair of these, about to install them soon, they are made of aircraft aluminum so they are much better quality than oem

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12