Thread: 2000 M Roadster vs. Dodge Challenger R/T

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

2000 M Roadster vs. Dodge Challenger R/T

Hi All,

This is my very first kill story. I just bought my 2000 M Roadster last August as my first car. Needless to say I've never posted anything in these forums before so I'm very much looking forward to meeting some of you if you're in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I recently had the distinct pleasure of beating a 2009- Dodge Challenger R/T not too long ago. I was driving home after a day of work and I picked up my girlfriend to go get some dinner. The Challenger (No pun intended) approached up from behind me, engine blaring and even from my rearview mirror I knew he had these huge red 22's fitted to his car. I think he mistook my M Roadie for a normal Z3 2.5 so he began to rev his engine extremely loudly and looked at me with his douche-y face. My girlfriend seemed inattentive at the time playing on my iPhone so I decided I would gun it at the Green light. When the light turned green I pushed up the revs to 3500 and launched hard. The R/T stayed about 3 feet from the head of my car as my foot was glued to the floor. I think a couple things fell in my favor since I know I'm a complete noob at this stuff:

1.) I had the better launch
    2.) The entire time we raced it was less than a 1/4 mile to the next intersection

I'm pretty sure with a longer distance between lights I would soon lose my launch advantage.

Fortunately, the next intersection was my stop and I proceeded to turn home by turning right. I could see the driver of the Challenger staring angrily at me as I drove away.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mroadiefan View Post
    Hi All,

My girlfriend seemed inattentive at the time playing on my iPhone
    You are a brave man. Mine stays locked and within reach at all times. It's no fun seeing your phone go flying out the window, broken in half, or getting hit in the head with it when the other women call or txt.

Good kill. Challengers are fun to beat.
    335i with a PT5858 stuck on it.