Thread: Bad vibration in 06 530i Power Train

My Cars
    2006 530i

Bad vibration in 06 530i Power Train

Hello everyone,

Our 2006 530i has a very bad vibration. When I parked the car yesterday evening, everything was great. Went to drive to work this morning, and as soon as I pulled out of the driveway, the vibration was apparent. The service engine light is on, which I did not notice before, but the car is about to roll over to 75,000 miles. The car has the six speed manual transmission. And don't know if this is important, but our temperature dropped into the low teens last night.

If you are going down hill, and take the car out of gear, the vibration goes away. The vibration appears to be coming from the power train.

Of course, we will take it to a qualified mechanic, but any thoughts as to what could be causing this vibration?

Shane

- - - Updated - - -

Could the issue be with the flex disc, aka giubo?

Thanks,
    Shane

My Cars
    06 530i,07 C280,98 ML320
    Flex disc/guibo can contribute to the vibrations; however, flex disc doesn't go bad suddenly one day. It would gradually get worse.

My Cars
    2009 AW 535i
    You are going to want to pull the fault codes causing your CEL. That would give you a better idea of what is causing your issues.

'09 AW 535i.

My Cars
    2006 530i

Bad coil

Thanks for the responses,

Turned out to be a bad coil. As a preventive measure, I replaced all six of them. Two others had been replaced with aftermarket ones.

Shane