Thread: Tool32 and SGM writing the VIN

My Cars
    2005 BMW E60

Tool32 and SGM writing the VIN

Hi guys,
    I'm pretty new to the topic tool32. My problem is, my SGM in my E60 isn't working as expected. So the dealer told me to replace the SGM. So I just bought a used on on ebay. I already changed some configuration with NCS Expert but I have no idea how to change the VIN and how to restart all the timers of all the dependent devices so that my used SGM will work in my car.
    Could you please help me I already tried in some german forums but they can't or don't want to share their knowledge...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by amandus99; 03-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.

My Cars
    BMW
    Use Winkfp to flash the SGM module and it will also reset all timers at the same time as well as write the vin to the module...After it flashing the module with Winkfp then use NCSexpert and code with Expertmode and code to default...
    *CODING BMWs in N.Y Area 917-939-4980*
    Call or Text for INFO

My Cars
    2005 BMW E60
    thanks for your replay. But I have still some questions. Can you give me a short explanation which steps I have to go through in Winkfp? Coding to default in NCSExpert is coding with an empty .MAN file, right?

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by amandus99 View Post
    thanks for your replay. But I have still some questions. Can you give me a short explanation which steps I have to go through in Winkfp? Coding to default in NCSExpert is coding with an empty .MAN file, right?
    Need to get assembly line number off INPA....Load inpa...Choose E60\functional jobs\f3 UIF\ copy down the assembly line number of SGM....Then you need to import Spdaten E60 into Winkfp ( do a search on how to import spdaten into winkfp) Once done....Load winkfp\comfort mode\update ZUSB\choose SGM\Choose ZUSB\SGM and then use the assembly line from INPA for your SGM module\enter Vin\done\program.. If it flashes fine goto NCSexpert and code SGM to default.
    Call or Text for INFO

My Cars
    2005 BMW E60
    so I got my SGM programmed. Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreaciate it.
    But I had to update my WinFKP. But now my INPA and NCSexpert aren't running anymore. in INPA there are only the first 2 entries and NCSexpert isn't starting anymore. When I try to start the system tells me a file is missing:API.DLL
    Any idea?

UPDATE:
    I reinstalled everything, now NCSExpert is running but after choosing CAS and than select F6 for going back I'm getting an COAPI 1000 error...why is it so complicated...
    Last edited by amandus99; 03-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.

My Cars
    2005 BMW E60
    so the SGM is programmed. But I couldn't code to default with ncs. i think by updating WinFKP I have overwritten my NCS installation cause it worked before.
    After reinstalling and copying all the data again, I took the Sp daten e60 v41 I couldn't code with NCS. After choosing the CAS I normally go back with F6 and then a Coapi 1000 error appears.
    Do you have any idea? I can't find any sp data for my E60 that are newer than v41

My Cars
    BMW
    Email me.

Ccnoner@aol.com
    Call or Text for INFO

My Cars
    Bmw e60
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    Need to get assembly line number off INPA....Load inpa...Choose E60\functional jobs\f3 UIF\ copy down the assembly line number of SGM....Then you need to import Spdaten E60 into Winkfp ( do a search on how to import spdaten into winkfp) Once done....Load winkfp\comfort mode\update ZUSB\choose SGM\Choose ZUSB\SGM and then use the assembly line from INPA for your SGM module\enter Vin\done\program.. If it flashes fine goto NCSexpert and code SGM to default.
    Hello

I have a bmw e60 525d, and i changed the SGM module with a used one because i made a servotronic retrofit.
    After flashing this module with winkfp, i got error 93AD SGM-SIM: System time fault. Before flashing the SGM module i had a error like incorect chassins number
    How can i start the system time of this module?

Thank you

My Cars
    E85 3.0
    Same problem here. I tried "systemzeit Starten" but i get a error by using tool32.

Any idea?

My Cars
    Bmw 530d e60

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Aadriann View Post
    Hello

I have a bmw e60 525d, and i changed the SGM module with a used one because i made a servotronic retrofit.
    After flashing this module with winkfp, i got error 93AD SGM-SIM: System time fault. Before flashing the SGM module i had a error like incorect chassins number
    How can i start the system time of this module?

Thank you

Did did you manage to sort the time error out after

My Cars
    Bmw 530d e60
    Hi guys a little bit stuck here. Does anybody know how to do a system time start using tool32 really stuck

My Cars
    E34 540i/6
    Hi, i know it is an old thread, but solution to change system date is to use DIS or ISTA.

My Cars
    BMW E60
    Quote Originally Posted by RaweDiag View Post
    Hi, i know it is an old thread, but solution to change system date is to use DIS or ISTA.
    Reviving an old thread here but I have the same problem. I need to reset the system time on the SGM. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Either in Toolset32 or in ISTA would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    BMW E61 545i
    I‘m exactly at the same point and no idea how to proceed.

I change SGM against used one, used WInKFP to change the VIN and now error code 93AD System Time.

Any idea?