Thread: INPA, DIS and stuff like that

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL

INPA, DIS and stuff like that

Do anybody have a cd with these things to where i can just pop it in and use it lol

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    2015 328i M Sport
    no it doesnt work like that. you need a gert cable and you need the icebox. and all the software.. then it has to be installed correctly.. and then you have to learn. LEARN LEARN LEARN AND READ.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 03-11-2013 at 02:19 AM.

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    There are several ways to do this. None are simple except spending the cash to get a turnkey Icebox from Iceman. Pm him to get details on his system and pricing. If that doesn't work for you then PM me and I'll let you know what I did.

02 e39 540i Sport (Son), 01 DINAN 7 (Me), 12 e70 X5 x35i (Mrs), 95 e34 525i (Daughter 2), 01 e46 325Ci vert (Daughter 1)

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    I have both plugs i need for my 95 and the programs, buy evidently im a caveman now smh

WAR MACHINE

GSXRliterbikz is offline Addict Number 45573... Moderator
    My Cars
    01 740iL, 04 X5 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer1804 View Post
    I have both plugs i need for my 95 and the programs, buy evidently im a caveman now smh

WAR MACHINE
    You really need to start asking this stuff in the proper forum. The diag forum is there for this reason. Getting old having to tow them.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRliterbikz View Post

You really need to start asking this stuff in the proper forum. The diag forum is there for this reason. Getting old having to tow them.
    My fault

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    1998 2.8l z3 RED
    Look at the video in this of my install of Inpa may be similar to yours install, depending on the files you have and the format they are in will make the install different for each person. This makes it real hard to sort out other peoples installs.

thread

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...nstalling-INPA
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by lennium View Post
    Look at the video in this of my install of Inpa may be similar to yours install, depending on the files you have and the format they are in will make the install different for each person. This makes it real hard to sort out other peoples installs.

thread

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...nstalling-INPA
    What is this, is this inpa?

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    I tried to start inpa but it says"the version ofthis file is not compatible with the version of windows youre running. How do i fix that?

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    Many
    The BMTechnic cable/software (using all BMW software) is a simple install (no configuration of the OS) and all the software, including NCSExpert runs under Win7 (64).
    I have approx. 55Gigs of BMW software I have downloaded from the internet. Spent long hours figuring it all out. It all works, but I took a chance and bought the BMTechnic package. It was installed and working in less than 20 minutes.
    I am not affiliated with this company.

You all never seem to have enough time to do the job properly the first time, but you always seem to find the time to do it a second time......... ME

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
    The BMTechnic cable/software (using all BMW software) is a simple install (no configuration of the OS) and all the software, including NCSExpert runs under Win7 (64).
    I have approx. 55Gigs of BMW software I have downloaded from the internet. Spent long hours figuring it all out. It all works, but I took a chance and bought the BMTechnic package. It was installed and working in less than 20 minutes.
    I am not affiliated with this company.
    Ok?

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    1998 2.8l z3 RED
    You need to set the compatibility for the INPA/ and others to run in xp mode. I did it when installing but try right clicking the program and go to properties then look for the compatibility and check run this program for xp.

I do that in the video when installing.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by lennium View Post
    You need to set the compatibility for the INPA/ and others to run in xp mode. I did it when installing but try right clicking the program and go to properties then look for the compatibility and check run this program for xp.

I do that in the video when installing.
    I have win7 64bit

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    1998 2.8l z3 RED
    Yes all wndows8 and windows7 and vista have the option to run programs as through they are on older machines. Although I don't know if this will work for you as I did this to iNPA when installing on a windows 7 but you can try.

Right click the program, a window will pop up down the bottom of that window will be a "properties" click on that another window will pop up then in that window look for "compatibility" and then check the "run this program in compatibility mode for"...(XP service pack 3)

pic taken from a win7 computer>>
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Many
    All of the BMW software (INPA etc. ) with the exception of NCSExpert runs fine under Win7 (64). XP compatibility mode is not necessary. There is only one or two extra steps you have to do.
    I am not talking about DIS or SSS/Program. These are much different.
    You all never seem to have enough time to do the job properly the first time, but you always seem to find the time to do it a second time......... ME