Thread: Intermitent Dash light problem X3 2007 2.0d SE

My Cars
    BMW X3 2.0d SE 2007

Intermitent Dash light problem X3 2007 2.0d SE

Hi there,
    I'm new to the forum here and hope you guys might be able to help.
    I have a 2007 X3 2.0d and it appears to have been abducted/returned by aliens!
    The first time i noticed there was a problem was when driving home 2 nights ago when i noticed that while indicating the dashboard light for the 'turn signal' was not working with no sound from the relay either. When i arrived home i checked the exterior and found that they were actually working despite the lack of indication and sound from the instrument cluster. I also noticed the Rear tail lights were still on when the key was out of the ignition but not the Front lamps, dipped or main! After an initial pannick this was solved by turning the light control selector from Auto mode to the Manual 'OFF' position.
    The car itself starts and works fine but now my dashboard warning lights (airbag, door open, turn signal) are turning on and off at random while driving. The 'Turn Signal' lights did mostly work yesterday but sometimes stayed on a few seconds after the stalk was canceled. Weird!!!
    The car had a new battery 3 years ago when i purchased the vehicle so i have kind of ruled this out as the car starts fine. The only thing i have always noticed is that my previous BMW120d with exactly the same engine M/N47 flew into life a lot quicker (2 turns as opposed to X3's 4 turns) when starting but i have put this down to the 120d's 'Push Button' start system. Right/Wrong???
    I'm hoping the answers are already on here but the only similar faults i can find appear to be with the 'auto level' control for the head lights which i don't have since mine are just Manual height control H7's.
    Any ideas are welcome.

My Cars
    BMW X3 2.0d SE 2007

Problem Solved!!! (Fault in the Parrot CK3100 loom)

The intermittent fault was caused by the Parrot CK3100 loom around the rear of the stereo unit. The Indicator lights on the dash appeared as soon as i pulled out the radio.
    I think the problem was due to the excessivly long 'add-on' loom (3 bundles of stereo wires!) from the Parrot CK3100 which was shoehorned in behind the stereo. I have opened out the cable to a large figure 8 and neatly sat this under the stereo. Couldn't find any cable breaks as the 3 wire bunches are wrapped in the black cloth/tape. Having driven a few miles since, everything seems ok. If the problem rears it's head again i shall invest more time in examining the Parrot loom as i'm certain this is where the fault was.