Thread: Can anybody help me install INPA, DIS and TIS

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL

Can anybody help me install INPA, DIS and TIS

I need help, if we can talk by phone would be great, pm me your phone number.

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    2000 740il
    There are several good threads on how to install each program including screenshots. However, if you aren't the least bit computer savy, I don't suggest this. Failure to use INPA or the other diagnostics applications correctly can turn you car into a giant paperweight.

2013 Ford Focus ST
    Performance Blue

2000 740iL 140k (Sold)
    Oxford Green metalic

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by andsteve View Post
    There are several good threads on how to install each program including screenshots. However, if you aren't the least bit computer savy, I don't suggest this. Failure to use INPA or the other diagnostics applications correctly can turn you car into a giant paperweight.
    Yea your right, im not gonna even pkay with it, i will continue trying to install but i wont try it till i know its fully operational and like you said turn my car into a huge paper weight lol

WAR MACHINE

Quote Originally Posted by beemer1804 View Post
    I need help, if we can talk by phone would be great, pm me your phone number.

WAR MACHINE
    Now my internet programs dont work smh sheesh

WAR MACHINE

Quote Originally Posted by andsteve View Post
    Are all these programs on the right supposed to be there?

WAR MACHINE
    Last edited by beemer1804; 03-07-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport

Are all these programs on the right supposed to be there?

WAR MACHINE
    Those are .rar files that most likely need to be extracted to a cd before you can move on to installing the software.

Inpa is pretty straight forward install but DIS and SSS can be a pita. Took me a couple tries to get it all right.

I followed randomy's guides in the stickys that were very helpful, but then they assume the software installs are in the same form as he provides.

If your install files are setup differently the guides will seem confusing.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by age109 View Post

Those are .rar files that most likely need to be extracted to a cd before you can move on to installing the software.

Inpa is pretty straight forward install but DIS and SSS can be a pita. Took me a couple tries to get it all right.

I followed randomy's guides in the stickys that were very helpful, but then they assume the software installs are in the same form as he provides.

If your install files are setup differently the guides will seem confusing.
    I extracted them to :/my virtual machine, is that bad?

And why dont my google chrome or internet explorer work anymore?

WAR MACHINE
    Last edited by beemer1804; 03-08-2013 at 07:29 AM.

My Cars
    2001 740i Sport

I extracted them to :/my virtual machine, is that bad?

And why dont my google chrome or internet explorer work anymore?

WAR MACHINE
    Before you go any further, can you provide details on the laptop you are installing to, what OS, 64 or 32 bit. How many files came with your software to install? I.e daemon tools, vmware, inpa, dis, progman?

What have you done so far?

Its hard to know exactly what files or isos you are trying to install since there are many different versions floating around.

Also, since you have a 95 you are going to need an ads interface and also an onboard serial port or your going to have issues with communicating with all modules on your car. Did you buy an interface yet?

No idea why internet doesn't work. Maybe something got hosed when you created a vm.

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by age109 View Post

Before you go any further, can you provide details on the laptop you are installing to, what OS, 64 or 32 bit. How many files came with your software to install? I.e daemon tools, vmware, inpa, dis, progman?

What have you done so far?

Its hard to know exactly what files or isos you are trying to install since there are many different versions floating around.

Also, since you have a 95 you are going to need an ads interface and also an onboard serial port or your going to have issues with communicating with all modules on your car. Did you buy an interface yet?

No idea why internet doesn't work. Maybe something got hosed when you created a vm.
    I have a 64bit windows7, i brought both plugs needed, i have vmware,tis,inpa i believe, i brought the cd's off of somebody and he said its everything i would need for diagnostics, and resetting, codes

And i fixed the internet problem.

WAR MACHINE

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    I think INPA is only 32 bit, Windows 7 is 64 bit and will not support. I know I've read of others running DIS on 64 bit systems, but don't know the details.

Search all the posts by "randomy" on this forum, he has great insructions on how to get things done. Also, I got alot of help from "purplcity" on the e38 forum.
    Last edited by kouks; 03-11-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: edit

02 e39 540i Sport (Son), 01 DINAN 7 (Me), 12 e70 X5 x35i (Mrs), 95 e34 525i (Daughter 2), 01 e46 325Ci vert (Daughter 1)