Thread: Rear Window will not go up! It tries but immediately goes back down. 2007 328 Sedan

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328

Rear Window will not go up! It tries but immediately goes back down. 2007 328 Sedan

Please help diagnose:

The driver's side rear window will not go up. When I press the up button, it raises 1/2 inch then immediately goes back down. So there is power and can't be a fuse. The window was working fine until this acute problem manifested. I have tried resetting any anti pinch by holding the up button for 10 seconds then down for 10 and again and again until my finger hurt - I tried 30 seconds with no effect. I have disconnected the battery all to no effect.

How does the anti pinch feature work? Does it sense over-current of motor?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

My Cars
    06 330I, 11 GTI, 04 X5
    window regulator probably...it usually has play or binding which is made worse by the seals at the bottom of the window opening so it causes anti trap. Theres a flow chart we use at the dealer which normally needs a regulator if it hasnt been replaced before...

My Cars
    135is, 335i, 1999 328is
    I had this same problem - it was a snagged cable. Try pulling up on the window as you press the switch - this may enable you to at least get the window closed.

I wrote up a DIY for removing the door panel.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8#post23591468

You inspired me to spend some time today fixing my DIY. It was lame without photos. So I removed and replaced my panel, taking photos along the way to update the DIY.
    Last edited by mystreba; 03-03-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Got it, thanks...
    - Search the forum first
    - Check REALOEM for part numbers

My Cars
    2007 335i w/ Sport pkg.
    My 2007 335i does the same on both rear windows if rolled down completely while driving. Soon as I turn the engine off, they roll right up.

My Cars
    20 BMW 230i Coupe
    More that likely the rear regulator needs to be replaced. I had to do one a couple of months ago. Fairly common problem.

My Cars
    2010 335i
    I had both regulators in the rear of my E90 replaced under warranty. When it came time to upgrade the car I went with an E92. Problem solved!