Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Matte White 504rwhp RMS Sc e46 M3 (My Write up /Build) TONS OF VIDEO & PICTURES***

My Cars
    Turbo s52 e34 touring

***Matte White 504rwhp RMS Sc e46 M3 (My Write up /Build) TONS OF VIDEO & PICTURES***

Well, since e30polak already posted it up for sale, I thought I’d do a write up of my latest project, my RMS stage 2.5 supercharged E46 M3. I haven’t been doing too much posting recently, so I thought this would be a good way to re-break the ice. Hope you guys enjoy. There are a few videos and lots of pictures.

FOR SALE THREAD
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1949435

[MY RMS (RACE MARQUE SYSTEM) supercharged E46 M3: 504rwhp 364lbs (stock internals)

[ame]http://youtu.be/yd4fLEutQ_o[/ame]

It started when I traded my techno violet turbo e36 m3 for (at the time 71,000mile) a steel grey e46 M3. LIFE BEGAN as a steel grey smg e46 m3.

First thing I did was fix the interior. And clean it up. But soon after, I bought a set of Ground Control Coilovers and camber plates. Then found a screaming deal on 19’ 2.2.2 Varrstoens. (not the ideal color, but I planned on painting them)

After riding around on those for a bit, we through the Gruppe M Replica exhaust on, knowing the SC kit would be bolted on in the next few weeks.

ADDING SOME POWER. I was away on a job in Vegas so I left the car with RMS to finish bolting the blower up. Also realized the car had Dinan Throttle Bodies on it… (that was a nice addition I knew nothing about). When I brought the car home, it screamed. It was a ball to drive, hell, it drove better with the blower and Alpha N tune, than it did stock. It was smoother and the power was great. Not to mention it sounded amazing.

Shortly after the cars Power upgrade, the clutch started slipping, and the smg started driving horribly. I was already not happy with the smg but because I got such a good deal on the car, I figured I would swap that out later. So it came down to picking out a clutch. I went with the ClutchMasters FX 350 Fibertuff Clutch kit with a Clutchmasters Lightweight Steele flywheel.

Right after the clutch I had the rest of the exhaust built. Big RMS equal length headers, and a custom mid-section with 2 Aero ar20 resonators and OMFG did it sound good! (sound clip at the bottom) Also had a complete, weld-in rear sub-frame reinforcement kit from Turner put in by Castro Motorsport. (www.castromotorsport.com) They hooked me up with all the work, big thanks to them.

BUT, the car still drove poorly with the SMG. With MFest around the corner I tried to suck it up. I ordered a CSL bumper, rear diffuser, and decided to wrap the car and paint the wheels…..well mfest came alittle fast and I didn’t have time to order the CSL trunk or paint the wheels, so I had to go with the black wheels, which I was NOT a Fan of, and no CSL trunk.

[ame]http://youtu.be/F8p9wH0UbIQ[/ame]

After MFest the car drove even worse, that was it. I parked the car and decided to pulled the trans. So while I researched the trans swap, I also took off the vinyl and had the car painted. I had fallen in love with the semi matte white, so decided to make it permanent. Had my good friend Fernie at San Pedro Auto Werkes paint it. We took the vinyl color and added a bit more blue. The color is amazing.

after the paint i figured it was a good time to paint the high beams, because i really wanted the french high beams hahah.

Then it was back to researching the trans. I bought a bell housing, brand new shift assemble, pedal assemble and a M Z3 selector rod. I had Osh at RMS reprogram the ECU and Bam! It was a manual. And I couldn’t have been any happier. The car looked great, and drove amazing again. No more SMG, no more problems.

LA CAR SHOW. Osh approached me and wanted to put the m3 in the car show. I said ok. But I still had those black wheels, which I despised. So Back to the forums….. I was about to pull the trigger on a set of CCWs, until Chris (E30polak) called and said there was a BFC member selling a set of ASC type II 3 piece wheels in Germany. The offsets were perfect. I loved the rarity, and fact that not to many ppl ran them on e46's. The color was great also. I got in contact with Nico (Snitzl). And in 3 weeks they were shipped.

CONTINUED>>>>>>
    Last edited by xinline6x; 03-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Supercharged 332is - sold
    Gt35r Turbo E36 M3 - sold
    Supercharged e46 M3 - sold
    Built s52, 6466 Turbo E34 Touring

My Cars
    Turbo s52 e34 touring
    I pulled them apart and had the lips polished. Then Ryan Castro hooked it up with a set of studs http://www.motorsporthardware.com/cm/. So I installed those and bolted the wheels up.

With the 18”s, the car sat a little high so I ordered shorter springs for my GC coilovers. Perfect. Car was just where I wanted it stance wise.

After finishing the wheels I shot a small video for RMS to play at their booth at the LA AUTO SHOW. The car was done to me. It drove amazing, still drives amazing and it’s always fun to hop in. Here is a sound clip and the dyno graph. Car makes 504rwhp and 364lbft. Stock motor. It was dyno’d on a Mustang Dyno, at Castro Motorsport.

Here is the VIDEO
    [ame]http://youtu.be/yd4fLEutQ_o[/ame]

Let me know what ya guys think.

Cheers,

Jordan
    Last edited by xinline6x; 03-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Awesome! What did you use to pain the high beam housings? I love how just the highs are frenched. Did you notice a significant change in the output afterwards?

My Cars
    turbo S50 WIDE e30
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    Awesome! What did you use to pain the high beam housings? I love how just the highs are frenched. Did you notice a significant change in the output afterwards?
    Probably Krylon Stained glass yellow spray...
    Dinan Custom Intercooled S/C M3 01' 740 Sport 03' 745i
    A Few Harleys
    Piper Cherokee

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    Nice car. Thanks for sharing pics and vids.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Jordan's car is still for sale, we had a serious buyer, seriously flake...

If anyone is interested in owning this amazing car, checkout the for sale thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25895307#post25895307

More pictarz of zee vehicle!

My Cars
    99 M3 Fern/Magma Vert
    Absolutely beautiful! Very well done! I too have a set of 18" ACS Type II 3 piece, my sizes aren't as aggressive, but they work well on my E36 M3.
    Fern/Magma Vert

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Beautiful car!
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Love the car! The videos are also stellar and nearly had me writing a cheque I couldn't cash

Can't believe you're looking to sell after all that.

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    96'///M3 S54 08'///M3
    Holy hell!

S54 E36 ///M3

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Love everything about it... except the decals
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    M5
    Beautiful car.

My Cars
    GT40R Turbo M Coupe, 71 Datsun VG30 510 "AKASmurf"
    How wide are the rear ACS wheels and Pirelli tires, Wow, they look bigger than any I have seen on a E46M3 stock body. Looks great. GLWS. I think I share you opinion on the CSL trunk. Very Clean.

1999 M coupe, Black/Kyalami Orange, Sunroof Delete; GT4088R turbo, 610 WHP @ 22PSI Pump Gas; 2.79 Gearing; TCK D/A's; Forgelines 19x9 et38 w/265 30's; 19x11.5 et19 w/305 30's. Brembo GT Brakes; Race Logic Traction Control.

1971 Datsun 510: High Compression VG34e, CAI,Fuji Blue, GC C/O's; system, Penultimate Rear Crossmember R160 lsd 3.70, cv axels; CCW LM16's 16 x 7.5/8.5 w/215 40 and 245 35 T1R's.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    Awesome stuff man

My Cars
    95 M3, 99 528i M, 98 e39
    Like it a lot! love the matte white. Came out great

1995 M3 Vortech Supercharged

My Cars
    Azn Ruxury
    How complete is the paint work?
    door jambs, trunk jamb, etc...?

My Cars
    X5/5MT || Z4MC
    Your videography is pretty sick. What rigging do you use for that?
    Past Builds:
    S54 E36 Compact Build|Thread|IG|@_goldfinger|

Current Fleet:
    Z4 M Coupe - Black Sapphire Metallic over Black

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport
    Such a beauty. Matte white is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    2002 525i premium/sport package Sterling Grey 30% tint all around. College student just trying to afford to drive it.

My Cars
    95 LS1 M3
    Such a sick car Jordan. Glad I was able to pitch in
    Race/Street Wheel stud conversion kits and spacers --->www.MotorsportHardware.com
    95 M3 7.1L LSX

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Stunning!

1997 BMW ///M3 Hellrot
    "60% of the time, it works everytime"

My Cars
    Turbo s52 e34 touring
    thanks so much guys

kalib0y Such a sick car Jordan. Glad I was able to pitch in
    thanks again man. by the way perfect choice on the size hahah

Ragnorak Your videography is pretty sick. What rigging do you use for that?
    thanks, as for your rigging question, not quite sure what you mean by that..? most stuff was dolly, handheld, or jib. and i used a slew of different cameras. cant really tell on you youtube with the compression, but there was sony f65, red epic, and a Phantom Flex for the slow motion.... no real big budget so lighting was minimal, and so were the locations, and time to make it hahah.

doubleu8 How complete is the paint work?
    door jambs, trunk jamb, etc...?
    door jams, and trunk are painted we left the engine area tho due to me not wanting to pull the motor.

jonesmechanical How wide are the rear ACS wheels and Pirelli tires, Wow, they look bigger than any I have seen on a E46M3 stock body. Looks great. GLWS. I think I share you opinion on the CSL trunk. Very Clean.
    im running 285's on the back.

RVAE34 Awesome! What did you use to pain the high beam housings? I love how just the highs are frenched. Did you notice a significant change in the output afterwards?
    since its hard to get the krylon. i just went done to Michael's arts and crafts and picked up stain glass paint. all the new stuff is self leveling (i hate that prefer a spray can)

cheers,
    Jordan

My Cars
    2004 BMW X5 4.4
    love the lights! whats are they called? looking for an x5 version! regardless, beautiful car.

Edit: just realized i could slap some yellow laminate on them for $10-$20.
    Last edited by Kylenatolix5; 03-05-2013 at 12:13 AM.

My Cars
    e36M3 e30is e39it
    So sick!
    PM/email me for some of the cleanest and safest redrills money can buy.
    info@ewheelworks.com
    I can also powder coat, polish, and plate for a very competitive price.

ewheelworks.com

My Cars
    WTB: E36 M3!
    hey do you have interior pics?
    previous cars;
    96 328is sold
    97 m3 sold
    02 m3 sold
    WTB-e36 m3!!

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    Saw it over at Castro's a couple weeks ago with the subframe mounts cut out. Those wheels are amazing in person, what a pick up!The paint, as you know is know, is not my thing, flat white being the new Burbank/Glendale fad.

The important question here is, how much time is left on that motor, RMS tune and all. O-rings? ARPs? MLS?
    Last edited by m3mobbin; 03-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast