Thread: EconoMotorsports Champion Oil Cooler Plate

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe

EconoMotorsports Champion Oil Cooler Plate

I posted this into the E36 forum, but I figured I'd get some input from those who track.

I was in the process of searching for oil cooler/gauge solutions for the S50, when I came across this.

http://www.gutenparts.com/economotor...x-s50-s5x.html

I came back to the forums/google to see if anyone had tried it out, but came up empty. It's an interesting design, and would be much cheaper than the VAC plate or the Euro oil filter housing, both at $400. This also has provisions for Accusump hook-up.

Anyone out there tried this or have info on it?

My Cars
    z3 02' 3.0i coupe, 99M3
    That's Dave Weaver solution and a couple of the DelVal and NJ guy's I think are running it.

My Cars
    rotating frequently
    I have one (well, did... motor is out and apart right now) with cooler, pressure, temp and accusump hooked up. It is a really nice clean solution. Dave is a great guy to do business with as well.
    #54 GTS-3/CM E30 Race car
    90 Porsche 964 C2 Daily driver
    05 BMW 325XiT Kid hauler
    04 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
    Perpetual hopeless, unfinished projects

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    Even with searching for Dave Weaver I wasn't finding out very much. Seems like a good solution. Any other modifications that are required since the filter housing is pushed over a bit now?

My Cars
    2000 528, 95 M3, euro E3
    This is David Weaver,
    My Screen name on the forum is M3Weaver

EconoMotorsports / Weaver's Race Cars is a Fabrication, and Race prep shop in Central Pa. .... 814 876 0038

We developed the cooler and gauge plate for the exact reason you stated... Its a cleaner and less expensive, alternative to using a euro filter housing and the adapters necessary to get to AN fittings.

The Kit is supplied with oem seals, longer bolts, and is threaded for standard sensor inputs. It retains the factory oil filter housing, so no vanos banjo bolt modification.

I'll be happy to answer any question you might have.

Drop me an email .... M3weaver@gmail.com

David

My Cars
    E36 M3, E36/8 M Coupe
    David,

Thanks for dropping by. I'll be shooting you an email as well. I'm surprised there isn't more info on the forum about this. I'd love to read some reviews or experience with this part.

For others who may come across this thread, I just got off the phone with David. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable on cooling the BMW. He took the time to suggest several things that would help my car survive Texas heat. I ended up ordering his filter housing plate directly over the phone. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works out for me.
    Last edited by Sammy Sandbag; 02-26-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 M3 Avus/Dove
    And David builds some badass cages too; even matched the Avis blue paint on my car.

My Cars
    E39
    Quote Originally Posted by m3weaver View Post
    This is David Weaver,
    My Screen name on the forum is M3Weaver

EconoMotorsports / Weaver's Race Cars is a Fabrication, and Race prep shop in Central Pa. .... 814 876 0038

We developed the cooler and gauge plate for the exact reason you stated... Its a cleaner and less expensive, alternative to using a euro filter housing and the adapters necessary to get to AN fittings.

The Kit is supplied with oem seals, longer bolts, and is threaded for standard sensor inputs. It retains the factory oil filter housing, so no vanos banjo bolt modification.

I'll be happy to answer any question you might have.

Drop me an email .... M3weaver@gmail.com

David
    Very cool, do you have plans to develop kits for other engines (e.g. S62)?

My Cars
    GTS2/3 325is
    This is very cool!

-Ryan

My Cars
    GTS2/3 325is
    This is very cool!

-Ryan

My Cars
    98' M3/4/6T
    Bump for an awesome product. Been using it the last few months and fitment, availability of ports for gauges/accusump and overall look is just awesome. Sadly I have to let it go to do my s54 swap but if anyone has been on the fence about this, DO IT!