Thread: its a sad day

My Cars
    vw's

its a sad day

i've decided that i need to sell one of my cars. i lost my job about a month ago and i can't afford my payments anymore. luckily my parents are gonna help me out but i can't find a job. so i think i might have to sell one of my rides for money. if i sell my scirocco i'm not gonna get a whole lot of money for it considering its 14 years old and has 147,000 miles on it, plus it has a few probs. but if i sell the bmw i won't have to worry about car payments or my insurance being $1900 a year. i really like my bmw and i never even considered selling my scirocco until now. i'm kinda in the middle of college (took this year off to try to make some money, going back in the fall) so car payments aren't something i enjoy. i'm just confused as to what to do. i know if i sell the bmw the scirocco will break down all the time, i mean its been doing it for four years now. so what do u guys think i should do?
    00 Passat Wagon
    88 Scirocco
    73 Audi Fox

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    it would seem that either way you're screwed... but if you can keep the BMW, you may well be better off. the scirocco (sp?) will most likely cost you as much to fix as the payments are on the BMW... although the insurance is still an issue, I'm not sure what you have now, but you can find ways to decrease your insurance if you are listed under your parent's policy and they are listed as the actual owners. (i did it until i got married... saved be about $50 a month vs. being out on my own, and its NOT fraud as long as you are listed as the driver).

its your call, it may be time to ditch both and drive a civic for a few years... just think about it and give yourself the time you need to make a good decision, it may come out OK in the end.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    /// 95 M3
    yeah, i hate to say it, but it might be best if you sold both, got out of debt and drove a honda. It will pay off in the end if you ask me! My car is paid for, thank goodness,but there is no way i would have a car payment while in college. That would really suck. I would rather drive a civic, knowing later on, i will be driving a BMW and live in relaxation. Once again though, different strokes for different folks.
    A sports car isn't a car unless you know how to drive it!

Come and visit my part of the web.http://nathanhodge.homestead.com
    BUY MY ///M

My Cars
    vw's
    i think i would rather push both of my cars than drive a honda (kidding, sort of). the only honda i could actually stand driving would probably be a 88-91 civic si. which of course would probably still give me reliablity problems. maybe a early 90's vw would suit me ok, either a jetta gli or a passat wagon.
    00 Passat Wagon
    88 Scirocco
    73 Audi Fox