Thread: :: ECS Tuning :: Customer Satisfaction Survey|We want your feedback!

My Cars
    BMW

:: ECS Tuning :: Customer Satisfaction Survey|We want your feedback!

We here at ECS Tuning are striving to serve you better!
    Please take a moment of your time to fill out a small survey to let us know how we're doing and what we can improve on!

Click HERE to begin the survey

Thank you for your time

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I just cancelled an order with ECS. Between February 20 and 23, I ordered parts from several different BMW shops, including ECS on February 20. I had shipment notifications from all but ECS by the 23rd. I had to go to the website to track my order and found out that they were waiting on one or more parts and did not plan to ship my order until March 1, ten days from when I placed it. I have a project going on that I would like to finish ASAP. I ordered most of the parts elsewhere (TheBMWPartsStore) for less. Had I known ECS would sit on my order for ten days, I would not have placed it, but there was not such notice. My project could have been delayed considerably.

My Cars
    00 M5 / 99 540i
    I ordered parts ~800$ of misc gaskets and cables for updating

I had ordered a "Hood latch KIT" to replace my broken hood cable
    Received a few emails saying Quantities too small for parts inside the KIT and i needed to order minimum of 10 of the torx screws, 10 hood spacer bumpers, and 10 of something else
    Totalling an additional 170$ on top of a 209$ KIT I say KIT because it is supposed to included everything but not over at ECS.

-Chris- through emails was no help and kept insisting I needed to order a larger quantity for their pre put together kit WOW

Sucks because they are local and had everything I need but NO respsect and jacking up the prices....

No thanks
    Last edited by Cereal; 02-26-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    2000 Silverstone/Silverstone M5 1/34

My Cars
    BMW
    pbonsalb - PM sent

Cereal - I'm going to have a talk with my guys, I'm very very sorry about the inconvenience and confusion.
    Last edited by ECSTuning; 02-27-2013 at 10:46 AM.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Just filled it out for you guys. I have to say, honestly I have never had a real issue with ECS.

The one and only time I was disappointed was with the plastic euro wheel locks, really just a quality/security thing though. I didn't trust them to last or seriously protect anything from theft.

Most common complaint I have seen from other members was in/out of stock warnings and back orders.

My favorite feature is how many photos ECS has of their items, and they are ACTUAL photos, not just generic pictures. Really helpful.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    X5/5MT || Z4MC
    The only issue I've had with ECS is really regarding their logistics and ordering, not their products.

ECS won't ship your order until they have all your parts in that order. I personally believe they (or someone like WorldPac) has a certain amount of inventory and then they order additional parts from BMW, Meyle, Lemforder, etc. that isn't in stock. There's really not a problem with that, and most items are clearly marked as (Ships in 4-7 days).

What a lot of people don't realize is that they don't split ship your orders. Say you need that alternator yesterday (which is in stock) to get your car running but also decided to add on some cosmetic items while you're ordering parts. If those Lamin-X fog light covers (or whatever it is) aren't in stock, your alternator doesn't ship.

Personally I think it would help out a lot more if you just made your customer aware of your estimated shipping date BEFORE checking out. I'm sure people would place separate orders if certain parts are time-critical if they realized that this is your policy.

Obviously many of us understand this now, but did not when first ordering from ECS. It'll alleviate more than half of your complaints I'm sure.

Otherwise you guys are doing pretty well for one-stop shopping and a "we'll ship anything" attitude.
    Past Builds:
    S54 E36 Compact Build|Thread|IG|@_goldfinger|

Current Fleet:
    Z4 M Coupe - Black Sapphire Metallic over Black

My Cars
    3 Black V8s
    Had great experience every time. No complaints.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    I just cancelled an order with ECS. Between February 20 and 23, I ordered parts from several different BMW shops, including ECS on February 20. I had shipment notifications from all but ECS by the 23rd. I had to go to the website to track my order and found out that they were waiting on one or more parts and did not plan to ship my order until March 1, ten days from when I placed it. I have a project going on that I would like to finish ASAP. I ordered most of the parts elsewhere (TheBMWPartsStore) for less. Had I known ECS would sit on my order for ten days, I would not have placed it, but there was not such notice. My project could have been delayed considerably.
    I had similar experiences with my previous orders. What I would consider a significant wait for shipping and pricing on products can usually be found for less elsewhere. I was in a pinch to get parts and figured since they are relatively close to me that I would get the parts quicker. That was not the case on two occasions.
    Last edited by cragg56; 04-03-2013 at 06:15 AM.

ayton is offline Rabbit in your headlights
    My Cars
    325ti, '14 Outback 6spd
    I recently cancelled an order during the KONI sale. I looked on the site and had a question about a price; listed as a PAIR. I PM'd/Emailed for a price check. The price was CONFIRMED, I placed the order. I then received an email about 48 hrs later saying there was a mistake made and the fix was charging me for the mistake BUT offering me free shipping. While the price was not back breaking, I don't think it was handled right. It was more the principal of the whole thing...came across as a bait and switch...I did email to confirm price before ordering through the site.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I put in a big (many pieces) order for a job on a customers car and to fill my stock on misc items. Bunch of power steering lines , washers/gaskets, things like that. Anyway I made it VERY CLEAR I needed 2nd day shipping and if anything was out of stock just send what was available and call me or just remove it from the order. The power steering pieces (parts needed for customers car) were verified to be in stock . I explained it multiple times that the power steering items needed to be in my hands in 2 days (giving myself 1 extra day leeway ) for a job that was scheduled. Long story short
    they held up the WHOLE ENTIRE ORDER because they only had 3 of the 4 vanos washers I ordered. I was busy and didn't check tracking ........ so I am at fault for that, the sales rep told me he was going to pick the order himself to make sure it gets out on time .

Haven't ordered from there again. Too bad cause I purchase a good $2000+ a month worth of Bmw replacement parts on scheduled jobs that I could easily preorder. Bmw's make up only a small % of vehicles I work on, but I would like to spread the business with a supporting vendor that I can trust to get the orders right and on time. So far no dice.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    Just ordered a few interior parts from you guys, the cigarette lighter/rear ashtray delete were the wrong parts. And I don't want to pay the restocking fee/return shipping on $15 worth of parts, but its a little frustrating.

My Cars
    93 318i 87 325is 70 2002
    i have ordered from you. fast and reliable. i really like the status thing shows where your item is at. other companies should have it, i have ordered from places with zero confirmation or status update and it sucks.

My Cars
    04 Z06
    Ordered some spark plugs and socket from you a little over a month ago. Pricing was fine as well as it was easy to navigate website. The only complaint I had is that my order was packaged very well except the individual spark plug boxes were all smashed. It is like someone pushed way more than what was needed. It might not seem like a big deal but it is kind of annoying to get something you paid for all crumpled up.
    04 TR Corvette Z06 / 09 X5
    Sold
    11 FBO 335is / 09 335i xdrive

My Cars
    1996 M3 Coupe
    Ecs has been great to me. Great prices on parts. Shipped a front fender and it arrived 2 days later. Perfect!

My Cars
    E12, E32, E38, E46
    I have taken to ordering stuff for my E46 vert and E38 from ECS and I must say even being in international customer, I am VERY happy with their service !!

My last 2 orders placed back to back a few days ago totaled over $2600/= and Gary Sinnett was very helpful in putting those orders together. In fact I received a personalized service from him I as I had special requests with those 2 orders and every thing worked out fine

A Very happy customer

My Cars
    E36 M3
    You guys should either price match or throw a coupon out there every now and then. While you ECStuning has great service, I typically go with other vendors whose service is similar and have OEM parts at a lower price than ECS.

My Cars
    BMW
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    Last edited by ECSTuning; 05-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    LOL. That's all you say with all the feedback presented here?

My Cars
    2000 540/6, 2000 Z3M
    Haha this is why I go with other vendors. ECS has higher prices, ships slower, and is further from me. I usually use FCP for my parts.
    Own:
    2000 540/6 Speed Sport//
    '10 C350 AMG Benz Hong Kong

History:
    '95 525I BMW Green USA SOLD
    '94 911T Gifted to Brother
    '94 530/5 Black Sold

My Cars
    TV M3
    I recently ordered N54 exhuast studs from ECS specifically because they showed as having them IN STOCK, while no one else did and the dealership quoted me 2 days to get them in and at $2.xx perstud (crazy). Placed the order on a MONDAY evening with USPS shipping since that would get them to me no later than Friday if they shipped Tues or even Wed. Come Wed morning they still showed as in transit to warehouse and hadn't shipped so I called and apparently they were not in stock (or maybe not enough were in stock??) and I had to upgrade the shipping to 2-day. Called again Thursday and they were going to be shipping that day, but I had to pay $30 to get them next day to have them for the weekend. Had I known it would have resulted in this I would have just gone to the dealer and paid their price (and still would have spent less). I'll say the website was very easy to navigate and everyone I spoke to was very nice, but definitely cant say I was happy that It would have taken 1 week for me to receive these had I not upgraded to next day shipping,

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    No offense to anyone - not ECS nor forum members..

Just an observation from a person who teaches Market Research - Don't ask for feedback if your not going to do anything with the data you obtain. It's a waste of time for you and a waste of time for your customers.