Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT DEAL WITH PRECISION BMW REPAIR Brentwood, NH

My Cars
    2007 335i E92

DO NOT DEAL WITH PRECISION BMW REPAIR Brentwood, NH

Horrible, worst service in 44 years! I've never had to consult a lawyer about service in my life before. First off terrible service and absolutely no time to answer questions once Derek has your money to pay for his flying lessons!
    I've never had to consult a lawyer about service in my life before.
    First off terrible service and absolutely no time to answer questions once Derek has your money to pay for his flying lessons! (the first picture on a BMW repair shop is a private plane???).
    Second, I left a review on Yelp, however business owners can pay them to remove information (see article in Forbes magazine http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhandy...d-think-again/ So I left a review on Google!
    Third, the webpage looks like a big shop with a lot of experienced workers, it's simply him and his wife with a garage for 2 maybe 3 vehicles at most. Derek tells everyone "Don't research anything online, published books or otherwise"
    He is always frustrated and about 2 seconds away from a heart attack, he doesn't listen and his "partner in crime Mila" is expected to patch up any issues Derek creates with any customers.
    I've had to hold my temper back and refrain myself every time I asked a question to this extremely irritating little individual.
    I think when one pays $5,000 plus for a used engine block installed they would be more than willing to give any info. such as the VIN# from the car it came from, or documentation on the mileage not simply "Oh it's got less miles than yours and looks really nice!"
    Also that was after I paid over $3,000 for parts and labor, meaning he doesn't care about repeat business???
    I just called him for some answers and I quote "If you want more horsepower out of your M3, buy another car!, I don't want to ever see that car again!"
    Once I left a poor performance review Derek texted my private phone and said to "man up, and fix this problem with Mila".
    I also had the vehicle towed there when I had only about 120 miles on the "new engine" and the A/C belt was shredded (which means he did not install the A/C unit correctly or placed a severely used belt on it.)
    Think they would fix there mistake and apologize? Not a chance, I was handed a bill for the work for about. $250.
    I also get the feeling I was easily taken advantage of being a disabled U.S. Army, Infantry Veteran.
    Absolutely Beautiful Derek!
    I'm sure Mila can "man up" for your extremely poor and totally unprofessional performance!
    DO NOT BRING YOUR VEHICLE TO PRECISION BMW REPAIR in Brentwood, NH.
    Last edited by BryGuy11; 10-25-2015 at 08:57 AM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Man for $8k I would have been able to deliver your m3 back to you with over 500hp.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Very sorry to hear this.

Pass out flyers in the town.
    Let everyone know.

Post it on F Book
    Post it on craigslist
    Post it on BBB

This isn't the first time creeps will get us

and it won't be the last.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    Very sorry to hear this.

Pass out flyers in the town.
    Let everyone know.

Post it on F Book
    Post it on craigslist
    Post it on BBB

This isn't the first time creeps will get us

and it won't be the last.
    CorreCT
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Too bad. Derek worked on one of my cars back when he was at Turner back in the Marco days, always seemed OK and the quality of the work was fairly immaculate, but you never know w/ these master techs once they go independent.

They are often sensitive little flowers with big egos and struggle when they need to be customer oriented and deal with people who maybe aren't exactly their style. If the guy is truly the best guru god ever, well OK then maybe they can get away with it, but a tech who is convinced that it is not physically possible for an owner to be educated about some aspects of automotive mechanics is much preferred. As soon as I detect the "you could not possibly know anything about cars because you are not a pro and everything you think you know is wrong because I hate the internet" attitude, I pretty much walk away. I'm betting he's got this chip on his shoulder... Yes. The car innerwebz is full of wrongness and stoopid and bullsheet but there's a ton of amazing good stuff if you know how to wade through it - sure avoid the morons who have googled some stuff but have no idea what they are talking about but that doesn't make everybody an idiot either.

Anyway, there have been both good/bad reviews floating around about his new operation. Disappointed to hear another bad one, I was hoping he would be OK and had even thought of swinging by sometime.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    One tip Bry, watch the lingo a bit. Could get your thread deleted. Stuff like alluding to physical threats and name calling suggesting 'maybe it was from stolen car' etc. even if you dont' mean them literally and are just venting etc. can easily get your thread nuked. You probably would rather have some posts up here than to have none at all I imagine.

Plus, free tip #2, anyway, too much ranting and people question your credibility if they don't know you. You might be fully justified to be so irritated, but sometimes its' better to lay out the facts quietly than to come off like a ranting madman even if its somewhat justified.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    One tip Bry, watch the lingo a bit. Could get your thread deleted. Stuff like alluding to physical threats and name calling suggesting 'maybe it was from stolen car' etc. even if you dont' mean them literally and are just venting etc. can easily get your thread nuked. You probably would rather have some posts up here than to have none at all I imagine.

Plus, free tip #2, anyway, too much ranting and people question your credibility if they don't know you. You might be fully justified to be so irritated, but sometimes its' better to lay out the facts quietly than to come off like a ranting madman even if its somewhat justified.
    You are correct, I reacted too soon and adjusted the post ; )

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy11 View Post
    You are correct, I reacted too soon and adjusted the post ; )
    Ninja edit

but you can't stop this ninja when he pays a visit.

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Nobody stops Charlie, some people can't even see him!

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I've never heard of them.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Did this guy ever work at Euro Depot?

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    I think he worked at Toys R Us before!

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 540, 06 M3Cic
    Derek is one of the most meticulous mechanics I know. Very helpful to the community too. Not to discount your ordeal - I'm having a tough time reconciling all of this. However, I can imagine for Derek to have lost his cool - and make those statements - I'm curious what information you are leaving out..

How did you end up resolving this situation?
    1997 E36 328is - retired
    1987 E30 325is - retired

Eric Kaul
    BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member

HotCalls Motorsport - Driver
    Follow us at: http://www.facebook.com/HotCallsMotorsport

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Quote Originally Posted by E36Shikara View Post
    Derek is one of the most meticulous mechanics I know. Very helpful to the community too. Not to discount your ordeal - I'm having a tough time reconciling all of this. However, I can imagine for Derek to have lost his cool - and make those statements - I'm curious what information you are leaving out..

How did you end up resolving this situation?
    I'm seriously leaving nothing out! I was always extremely patient with him and he finally blew his top period. He left many texts and a voicemail blasting me all because I left a honest and truthful poor review. That was it. I still have the voicemail from Derek himself and will share with anyone. It's pathetic and simply shows he's acting like a 5 year old.

My Cars
    Suck
    I'm seriously leaving nothing out! I was always extremely patient with him and he finally blew his top period. He left many texts and a voicemail blasting me all because I left a honest and truthful poor review. That was it. I still have the voicemail from Derek himself and will share with anyone. It's pathetic and simply shows he's acting like a 5 year old.
    For a guy that's got a really wordy post, you really don't have a lot to say. Hell, you go on about the guy's business as if it's some kind of issue more than you talk about the actual problems with the service you got.

How about you take a nice hot bath, maybe drop a little lavender oil in there, then calmly come back and detail exactly what happened to you? As near as I'm willing to read to filter it all out, you're upset that you had an engine swapped into your car and weren't told the vin of the car it came from, and then a belt shredded and you had to pay for it. I hate to give you some bad news, but not everything is the fault of the guy that works on your car. If you bought a used engine, and a part failed, why should the guy installing it have to eat the cost of the work? Should he just give it to you because you've already spent a lot of money there?

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Quote Originally Posted by Binjammin View Post
    For a guy that's got a really wordy post, you really don't have a lot to say. Hell, you go on about the guy's business as if it's some kind of issue more than you talk about the actual problems with the service you got.

How about you take a nice hot bath, maybe drop a little lavender oil in there, then calmly come back and detail exactly what happened to you? As near as I'm willing to read to filter it all out, you're upset that you had an engine swapped into your car and weren't told the vin of the car it came from, and then a belt shredded and you had to pay for it. I hate to give you some bad news, but not everything is the fault of the guy that works on your car. If you bought a used engine, and a part failed, why should the guy installing it have to eat the cost of the work? Should he just give it to you because you've already spent a lot of money there?
    Hot lavender bath? Sorry buttercup, I don't swing that way, (not that there's anything wrong with you) if you perform crappy work and have a crappy attitude then have a mental breakdown over a poor review you might need some psychiatric help. I'm thinking you might be friends with this fella? Or perhaps more? You kids take flying lessons together?

My Cars
    E36 318Ti
    Whoa.. I missed a lot and know neither parties. You're actually giving the guy some celebrity status. I had no idea who he was prior to this and had no intentions dealing with him. Given he has a side, I'm actually interested in hearing his also (not to discredit you, but to know 1st hand) before I'd condemn him. Good luck in whatever happens.

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    If you all want a professional place working on your BMW or Mini go to someone who knows exactly what they're doing such as 3D Auto in Hudson, NH, they fixed all of the mistakes pre BMW repair made and took off $ because I was a veteran. So with that being said take your auto anywhere you like. I was simply trying to warn people of what a giant mess happened to me. Also I urge you to look into the BBB and any other sources (except Yelp as they can be "bought" for good ratings and taking down bad ratings, see article in Forbes magazine.

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Butters shop only.

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Butters shop ?

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Member Butters Stoch has a shop in Manchester. He does not treat customers like the OP was treated by this supposed high end BMW expert.

My Cars
    Suck
    Hot lavender bath? Sorry buttercup, I don't swing that way, (not that there's anything wrong with you) if you perform crappy work and have a crappy attitude then have a mental breakdown over a poor review you might need some psychiatric help. I'm thinking you might be friends with this fella? Or perhaps more? You kids take flying lessons together?
    Sorry to burst your sad ego, but I've never heard of you or this shop. I've also never heard a clear, well written explanation of what exactly he's alleged to have done to you.

You def need to go do something to alleviate your tension. You're way too upset with me over wanting to hear a story that doesn't involve your sandy, crying vagina.

Nothing personal, hothead, but "OMG THIS GUY EFFED ME" isn't really enough for me to go out of my way to believe you, or anyone else that's ever created a blast thread. The vast majority of the time, the person that creates the thread is a dope that's got his head up his own arse, and decides to call out someone that's clearly not around to avail themselves of a thread as a venue for discussion. There's no recourse for the shop to tell their side of the story, and you tell your own side pretty piss-poorly. Sorry for asking you to speak like a reasonably well educated human being.

Last edited by Binjammin; 12-04-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    Quote Originally Posted by Binjammin View Post
    Sorry to burst your sad ego, but I've never heard of you or this shop. I've also never heard a clear, well written explanation of what exactly he's alleged to have done to you.

You def need to go do something to alleviate your tension. You're way too upset with me over wanting to hear a story that doesn't involve your sandy, crying vagina.

Nothing personal, hothead, but "OMG THIS GUY EFFED ME" isn't really enough for me to go out of my way to believe you, or anyone else that's ever created a blast thread. The vast majority of the time, the person that creates the thread is a dope that's got his head up his own arse, and decides to call out someone that's clearly not around to avail themselves of a thread as a venue for discussion. There's no recourse for the shop to tell their side of the story, and you tell your own side pretty piss-poorly. Sorry for asking you to speak like a reasonably well educated human being.

I would just like to give an update to New Englanders that Derek at Precision BMW repair made things correct with the situation and the issue is resolved as of yesterday (Kudos to Derek and Mila for stepping up and making things "right as rain"). As for the troll in Montana with 25,500 plus posts, I could stoop to a lower level again and retort with some extremely funny and very clever remarks, however I have much better things to do and people to help, such as yourself.
    Although I think one should be banned for saying "You're way too upset with me over wanting to hear a story that doesn't involve your sandy, crying vagina." I would not want your only source of contact to the outside world to be taken from you.
    I realize a lot of people such as yourself feel superior and empowered through the internet as you can say whatever you want with little to no consequences as you would if you were standing in front of me.
    I will pray for you and I truly hope you have a fantastic life and things go your way today!
    God Bless and Merry Christmas to you and your family in Butte, Montana.

My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Uh WTF. I am with Binjammin at this point.

When you come in with one of these "last straw unforgiveable" blasting rants including originally alluding to physical threats and then stick to your guns on it over and over... only 10 days ago you were slamming him as having gotten his experience at Toys R Us... but now suddenly out of the blue something happened and all is fine?

Yeah. OK. I think handwriting is on the wall.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg

Former:

My Cars
    2007 335i E92
    I received a healthy refund and a lengthy apology from the owner yesterday.
    I was extremely pissed and Benji is a simpleton and I'd love to blast him, however all this was about was trying to say I had problems with a BMW shop and there is more than one in NH...Period.
    I know I would look at other shops if someone had problems with a shop.
    Geargrinder, by all means if you like to gamble with your money and take chances with your vehicles go there, I'm sure you'll be completely satisfied when they tell you you are an idiot for supercharging you're vehicle and don't listen to anyone except him.
    I now bring my M3 to 3D auto in Hudson. NH, they have a driver that works on all vehicles and races an E46 M3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast