RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Cc-id 24, 35 and 354

My Cars
    '08 BMW 328i

Cc-id 24, 35 and 354

I have a '08 BMW 328i with 32k miles on it. My brake light has been on, in addition to the traction control/ABS light. It comes up as CC-ID 24, 35 & 354. I've been trying to sell this car for five months with only two responses to my online ad. Now I have these lights on that are indicating a problem that will guarantee that I'm going to even have a harder time selling my car. Money is tight and I don't trust dealerships or independant repair shops, especially when I walk in as a blonde haired woman who has limited knowledge of cars. The dealership wants to charge me $160 for a diagnosis which is a lot of money to me, especially when I have a feeling that they're going to exaggerate the problem or flat out lie. I live in Miami where fraud is king and cheating is a way of life. I need help figuring out the problem and finding the most economical way of repairing it. I just stopped in a shop by my house, and the guy told me that I needed the ABS unit replaced which would be between $1k-$1500. He performed a diagnosis or so he said that he did. I don't know if he's telling me the truth about the diagnosis or problem. I'm surmising that he's banking on my ignorance to maximize his profit.

Also, when I try and accelerate, my car seems to be struggling as if it's having trouble shifting gears (it is an automatic). It doesn't take off with the same speed as it did prior to the lights coming on.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by StuckinMiami; 02-19-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    135i
    What was the fix? I have the same exact issue.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckinMiami View Post
    I have a '08 BMW 328i with 32k miles on it. My brake light has been on, in addition to the traction control/ABS light. It comes up as CC-ID 24, 35 & 354. I've been trying to sell this car for five months with only two responses to my online ad. Now I have these lights on that are indicating a problem that will guarantee that I'm going to even have a harder time selling my car. Money is tight and I don't trust dealerships or independant repair shops, especially when I walk in as a blonde haired woman who has limited knowledge of cars. The dealership wants to charge me $160 for a diagnosis which is a lot of money to me, especially when I have a feeling that they're going to exaggerate the problem or flat out lie. I live in Miami where fraud is king and cheating is a way of life. I need help figuring out the problem and finding the most economical way of repairing it. I just stopped in a shop by my house, and the guy told me that I needed the ABS unit replaced which would be between $1k-$1500. He performed a diagnosis or so he said that he did. I don't know if he's telling me the truth about the diagnosis or problem. I'm surmising that he's banking on my ignorance to maximize his profit.

Also, when I try and accelerate, my car seems to be struggling as if it's having trouble shifting gears (it is an automatic). It doesn't take off with the same speed as it did prior to the lights coming on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The acceleration problem is called BMW limp mode. Basically it doesnt shift to prevent further vehicle damage. The mechanic is likely telling the truth sadly OR it could just be a wheel speed sensor which is much cheaper but if it is the module it actually isnt that hard to replace. None of it is there are videos on YouTube.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Moved from the General BMW Discussion sub-forum.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Find a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers at www.bimrs.org. Check the shops rating at www.bbb.org. Bimmers are not inexpensive to own.