Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112

Thread: E36 Chassis Lap Record Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    308
    My Cars
    94 325is
    007DT, I should have clarified why I added it to the list. In post #7, Mike Skeen driving Jcrist's car posted a 1:36.xx, with video proof (calculated my me). Without the video, you'd still have rights.

    If one e36 went faster than another e36, it gets the nod, for the purposes of this thread.
    This is not about only official NASA records, BMWCCA records, or Global Time attack records

    Quote Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
    Mosport, 1.34.9
    e36 m3 with m50 mani, tc klines coilovers, continental slicks...2700lbs with cage.
    Added to list, is this your car, were you driving? Ever been to Dunnville?

    I ran a 1:18.022, in a '92 nearly stock 325i $3k total investment, at the Dunnville Autodrome in Ontario, Canada. I had awful Bavauto springs, bilstein sport shocks and 245 NT01's on the front only, 255 runflats on back. Otherwise stock and full weight.

    It was closed due to NIMBY Not in My Back Yard Folks. Since its closed, my lap time might stick.
    http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.ph...e-Leader-Board!
    Last edited by E.Roy; 02-25-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    '94 325is
    Archivegarage.com

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,973
    My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    You guys are arguing about nothing. My car was not a gts2 then.
    And I'll add that I seriously doubt Dave thinks he can handle me
    whatchu got

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    108
    My Cars
    550i, E46 M3 GTS3, GT3RS
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrist View Post
    You guys are arguing about nothing. My car was not a gts2 then.
    And I'll add that I seriously doubt Dave thinks he can handle me
    Bring it. Unless something has changed I believe we've proven this.

    OP. the thread is track records. According to my link which is a NASA record list. I hold it.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,368
    My Cars
    M3 x2, 911 Turbo x2, etc
    Records I've done are...
    Watkins Glen 1:59.000 in C-Mod. (I believe Aaron Povoledo has a 1:58.? in a BM Turbo M3).
    Mosport 1:25.4
    Mont-Tremblant 1:43.4? or was it 1:42.8?
    Calabogie 2:08.?
    Randy kicked my ass everywhere else...

    Can't confirm as mylaps is broken at the moment...
    Last edited by PCarroll; 02-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    Peter Carroll - http://www.driversmeeting.com/pcarroll
    BMW Club Instructor & Club Racer, 1997 BMW M3 GTR #321
    2008, 2009, & 2011 BMW CCA National C-Mod Champion

    Videos channels at:
    http://vimeo.com/pcarroll/videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pc270


  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    937
    My Cars
    1989 325 IX Touring, 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatblak View Post
    Added to list, is this your car, were you driving? Ever been to Dunnville?

    I ran a 1:18.022, in a '92 nearly stock 325i $3k total investment, at the Dunnville Autodrome in Ontario, Canada. I had awful Bavauto springs, bilstein sport shocks and 245 NT01's on the front only, 255 runflats on back. Otherwise stock and full weight.

    It was closed due to NIMBY Not in My Back Yard Folks. Since its closed, my lap time might stick.
    http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.ph...e-Leader-Board!
    I've never been to dunnville, I haven't been around that long.
    The car was a close friends, I knew that time would have been smashed (hence, Peter chiming in lol) but since it hadn't been listed yet I thought I'd throw it in there.
    Cool thread

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HB CA
    Posts
    557
    My Cars
    Cars
    Car: 97 M3

    Brakes: Wilwood bbk
    Suspension: AST 4100, eibach sway bars
    Tires (Size & Model): 255/40/17 Nt01
    Other Mods: 250 whp NA, Roll bar/ race seats.



    Track: Auto Club Speedway
    Best Lap Time: 1:58

    Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
    Best Lap Time: 2:04


    Track: WSIR - Streets (CW)
    Best Lap Time: 1:25


    Track: WSIR (Big Track)
    Best Lap Time: 1:34


    Track: Chuckwalla CCW
    Best Lap Time: 2:05

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,973
    My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    Quote Originally Posted by 007DT View Post
    Bring it. Unless something has changed I believe we've proven this.

    OP. the thread is track records. According to my link which is a NASA record list. I hold it.
    1 - My car in Mike's video is not in GTS2 trim.
    2 - GTS2 is not the fastest E36 configuration, should not be on this list.
    3 - A little put of by you Dave, throwing this virtual gauntlet down on me after a few years of fun and a lot of me helping you at the track. Maybe you shoud recheck the BMW club race results, keeping in mind I drove A JP CAR. You will need to referesh me and the group of any race you have "proven this".
    4 - Your NASA GTS-2 record is a second faster than your fast race lap at the BMW club race IN IP TRIM. You and Mike Malloy can "battle" it out down in Southeast, I'll stick up in the regions that have a dyno in the paddock.
    5 - Speaking of, NASA VIR March Madness next month, tons of people from other regions coming in, should have over 10 cars in GTS2. Good opportunity for you
    whatchu got

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    108
    My Cars
    550i, E46 M3 GTS3, GT3RS
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrist View Post
    1 - My car in Mike's video is not in GTS2 trim.
    2 - GTS2 is not the fastest E36 configuration, should not be on this list.
    3 - A little put of by you Dave, throwing this virtual gauntlet down on me after a few years of fun and a lot of me helping you at the track. Maybe you shoud recheck the BMW club race results, keeping in mind I drove A JP CAR. You will need to referesh me and the group of any race you have "proven this".
    4 - Your NASA GTS-2 record is a second faster than your fast race lap at the BMW club race IN IP TRIM. You and Mike Malloy can "battle" it out down in Southeast, I'll stick up in the regions that have a dyno in the paddock.
    5 - Speaking of, NASA VIR March Madness next month, tons of people from other regions coming in, should have over 10 cars in GTS2. Good opportunity for you
    LOL...

    I know you love thread battles which is why I drop the hammer.
    This months BMW race in IP I had nothing but engine problems (you've been there).. by the end of the weekend my car was getting walked down the back straight by Spec E36. I couldn't get above 120mph... car was trying to overheat, etc..

    The thread is E36 Lap Records. I posted that I have one in an E36. enough said.
    BTW I was weighed and had TM put in my car both days last year for the RDATL NASA Race.

    BTW.. Thanks for all the help at the track. Particularly at MidOH when you physically adjusted my JRZ settings and I beat you in the race after you made the changes.
    Last edited by 007DT; 02-26-2013 at 08:27 AM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,973
    My Cars
    '97 M3 GTS2#360
    Quote Originally Posted by 007DT View Post
    BTW.. Thanks for all the help at the track. Particularly at MidOH when you physically adjusted my JRZ settings and I beat you in the race after you made the changes.
    In my JP car....

    I've been good for the last couple of years on here, but you got me!
    whatchu got

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Easley, SC
    Posts
    11,931
    My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jonb94118 View Post
    I should have re-read the thread title prior to posting as it is saying it's looking for records, not what's typical for a mildly prepped e36 with a decent driver. Then you have guys like Tony/TC Design who not only build great cars, but also can wheel. I see the those times and want to crawl under a rock. You may just want to look at Qual times and records from BMWCCA, NASA GTS etc for the various regions.

    For reference however, last season in a 95 M3, 223 HP, 2900 lbs, 245/40 hoosiers, SA Konis, no aero, my personal best was a 1:52.0 at Sonoma. I was happy with that until I saw that 1:42 above. Something to aim towards at least!
    Don't feel bad. Tony drove my car at TH while helping me with setup. He ran a 2.07 on an unclean lap. The best I could do that same day was 2.11 or 2.12.

    Jay

    From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    308
    My Cars
    94 325is
    Bathurst, Mount Panorama Circuit (AUS), 2:19.97 (Q), 1996 Motorsport 318 Super Touring, Craig Baird
    (Its interesting that race laps were only about 1/2 sec slower than qualifying)

    Qualifying times displayed at video start
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3rH9KqM6sk

    Wow, that is a cool track, love watching the V8 Super cars there
    Last edited by E.Roy; 03-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    '94 325is
    Archivegarage.com

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    1,017
    My Cars
    e36 332i
    Memphis International Raceway, 1:16.590, 1992 325i, NASA Mid South, TTB record. Jon Eye
    http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic....2658755d5da432

    Gateway Motorsports Park, Saint Louis 1:10.175, 1992 325i, NASA Central, TTB record. Jon Eye.
    Last edited by eye145; 03-24-2013 at 02:47 PM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada, QC
    Posts
    177
    My Cars
    Nothing for now!
    Quote Originally Posted by PCarroll View Post
    Records I've done are...
    Watkins Glen 1:59.000 in C-Mod. (I believe Aaron Povoledo has a 1:58.? in a BM Turbo M3).
    Mosport 1:25.4
    Mont-Tremblant 1:43.4? or was it 1:42.8?
    Calabogie 2:08.?
    Randy kicked my ass everywhere else...

    Can't confirm as mylaps is broken at the moment...
    I'm pretty sure I saw you at 1:42.5 in a qualification in Mt-Tremblant, it was in th 42's for sure cause it made me go WHAT!?!!!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wooster, OH
    Posts
    1,018
    My Cars
    '98 M3 IS#718 & '09 128i
    MidOhio Club Course, 1:40.179, 98 M3 s52, BMWCR I-Sport, Ali Salih (BFmem Evice)

    (Stock Engine, stock manifolds, stock driveline. CAI + Exhaust + Software ~2856 lbs with 1/4 tank no driver)

    Video of the lap
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNbybbt1Rc
    Last edited by Evice; 03-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    My Track Videos -
    2013 BMWCR IS National Champ
    2014 BMWCR IS 1st Loser Champ (due to fantastic BMWCR procedures.)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    nova
    Posts
    2,773
    My Cars
    4 bmw's & a ford p/u
    Summit Point Main track.

    1:23.05
    SCCA ITR class E36 325. In a race. still stands as the SCCA ITR track record.

    (stock brakes, stock spec engine, no aero aides, 2765lbs)
    Marshall
    75 M2

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    columbus, ohio
    Posts
    50
    My Cars
    e46 m3/e36 m3 gts3
    I've gotten down into 1.34.0xx on Mid-Ohio Pro. GTS-3 e36, 276 HP at 3000 #

    I know Berkowitz has gotten into the 1.33s with his s54 powered GTS-3 e36.

    K. Deason 571 GTS-3

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    308
    My Cars
    94 325is
    At the Oct 10th, 1998 running of Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta), the GT3 class #10 PTG e36 M3 qualified with a 1:26.557 according to: http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...998-10-10.html

    ALMS official video on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTa8bZAfjPQ
    '94 325is
    Archivegarage.com

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    1,017
    My Cars
    e36 332i
    I reset the TTB record yesterday at Gateway, Damn weather..... snow and sleet today though.

    Gateway Motorsports Park, Saint Louis 1:10.175, 1992 325i, NASA Central, TTB record. Jon Eye. link: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2595917

    OP, my posted time for the Memphis International Raceway should be 1:16.590 not 1:15. sorry that was my fault
    Last edited by eye145; 03-24-2013 at 08:20 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    308
    My Cars
    94 325is
    Nice, even in the cold weather, you have an s52 engine correct? Recorded Gateway, and i'll fix memphis time
    Last edited by E.Roy; 03-24-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    '94 325is
    Archivegarage.com

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    1,017
    My Cars
    e36 332i
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Roy View Post
    Nice, even in the cold weather, you have an s52 engine correct? Recorded Gateway, and i'll fix memphis time
    NASA TTB trim, s52 engine swap = dyno reclass. My max hp allowed is 263, Min comp. weight of 2900 lbs. My car dynoed 258hp and rolled across the scales at 2907 lbs. Glad I didnt use the restroom before the run

    edit: car was on old starspecs on the front, new starspec 2's on the rear. The sucky thing is that I was reclassed into TTB and have no points available to run any aero. An m3 with the exact set up is able to run splitter and a wing with r comp tires.
    Last edited by eye145; 03-24-2013 at 05:13 PM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,250
    My Cars
    09 M3, 97 Viper, 92 NSX
    Here's my times:

    Achilles Motorsports E36 M3 (NASA E0) Hankook C51 ~270whp/~2,700lbs

    Thunderhill CCW Bypass T5: 1:53.4 (Dec 2010 - I can't remember our time from 2011, but I think it was faster)

    Buttonwillow 1-CCW: 1:59.1

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    369
    My Cars
    GTS-3 E36 racecar
    Thuderhill CCW Bypass 1:53.162 E36 GTS-3 4/13/13

    -tony
    Tony Colicchio
    TC Design
    www.tcdesignfab.com

    Motion Control Suspension factory authorized repair and rebuild facility, suspension design, set-up and parts fabrication. Rollcage, rollbar and chassis fabrication and repair.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fox Valley, WI
    Posts
    600
    My Cars
    A pair of M3's
    I only offer this out because your Road America listing is blank

    2012 Midwest F-body I ran a 2:51:74 during HPDE I have the trackmaster data log if we need proof-ish. Also just getting around to putting the video together for my youtube channel. I've always been curious what others can do in a relatively stock e36 there.
    I have stock engine, stock suspension and street tires.

    Video Link: http://youtu.be/FqwBRC8iC28
    Last edited by mtecnic; 05-09-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: updated and added video - time was off by hundreth

    Track Car - E36 M3 TIAG/Stripped, Stock, Slow
    Oshkosh & Fox Valley BMW Group www.obmw.org

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    261
    My Cars
    1995 M3
    Great thread-

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,559
    My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    Tony makes me fell very slow at Thunderhill... and Buttonwillow... and Sonoma....

    "If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •