Thread: WTB E36 coupe non-sunroof headliner

NeilM is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    96 M3, 15 Golf R, 18 Q5

WTB E36 coupe non-sunroof headliner

Anyone have a non-sunroof E36 coupe headliner still lying around from stripping out their race car? Colour and cosmetic condition are probably immaterial, since I'll doubtless need to recover it anyway.

My headliner fabric is sagging — yeah, they all do that in the end — and needs to be fixed, so I'm taking the opportunity to delete the whole sunroof mechanism and substitute a stationary CF panel (~30 lb total weight savings). I could reuse the sunroof headliner I've already got, but it would be nice to gain some extra helmet room with the factory non-sunroof version.

Oh, and this is for my drive-to-the-track DE car with a very nice interior, so hold those suggestions about just gutting it!

Neil
    96 M3

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3
    Neil - I just pulled the sunroof headliner from my 95 M3 coupe in the Detroit area. I usually pass through FW a few times a year but no plans right now. (planning on going to Gingerman Apr 7 if you wanted to wait and come up to the track then). Anyway I saw you were looking at having yours recovered now, but probably cheaper in the long run to swap it out. Photos linked from the Motorcity link.

Jeff

http://motorcitybmwcca.org/index.php?topic=693.0