Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Found an AC Schnitzer 323i turbo...

My Cars
    E21 323 2-E28, 1-M6, E92
    Nice, Bronze glass! pretty rare, Been sitting for a while?
    Jeff

My Cars
    1978 323i
    LOVE those wheels! Took me a minute to figure out why the engine looked reversed, with the intake log switched to the exhaust side!

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by carboneliveries View Post
    Hi guys! I am new to the forum and registered because it is the only forum I found some info on the car in the topic

I have a possibility to have a 323i turbo Schnitzer. The car is in Europe (me, too), here are the photos:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v30942s81...y50gwenAa?dl=0

If you could do me a favour and estimate what the car is worth? I don't know completely how much it is worth and he awaits propositions, so I guess he doesn't know, too
    I don't think enough of these sell for them to have an established value, but you could probably use Alpina C1 or B6 prices as a reference

My Cars
    2002tii, 911 964, SL450
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdish View Post
    I don't think enough of these sell for them to have an established value, but you could probably use Alpina C1 or B6 prices as a reference
    Thank you. I see the range is 40-60k for Alpina C1...if this can be compared. The owner estimates his car (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v30942s81...y50gwenAa?dl=0) at at least 17k... but I am not sure... seams little unreasonable considering it needs full restoration.
    Last edited by carboneliveries; 10-12-2017 at 04:20 AM.

My Cars
    E21 323 2-E28, 1-M6, E92
    I agree seems too much
    Full Restoration = 1000's of hours and open wallet, ask me how I know, Or ask Danny! Also many trim parts NLA.
    Start @ 17K you then have 47K and time into it.

Jeff

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by carboneliveries View Post
    Thank you. I see the range is 40-60k for Alpina C1...if this can be compared. The owner estimates his car (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v30942s81...y50gwenAa?dl=0) at at least 17k... but I am not sure... seams little unreasonable considering it needs full restoration.
    That seems like it would be a more reasonable price if the car was fully restored. FWIW, I've seen a Callaway turbo 6 series in rust-free but non-running condition listed at $1.5k in the US. Maybe that car is worth somewhere closer to a Callaway turbo e21 or something?

To be honest, it seems like the seller is a little delusional about what the car is worth. That really looks like some nasty rust considering it appears to have been repainted.
    Last edited by hotdish; 10-13-2017 at 11:50 PM.

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    These cars are rare. I cant see the pictures, but I would love to see the condition. I have been searching the globe for other schnitzers 323's and have not found another one anywhere and I have some pretty good contacts. I think these cars are left to luck running onto one thats been sitting somewhere like the car I bought from Neal. Seems like many of the owners that owned Schnitzer cars tried to make them Alpina's or just trashed them. I think ultimately that makes them worth more than the B6 of which I estimate some 50 of the 533 are still existing. They are expensive to restore, but if the parts arent there forget it you'll never find them. I saw a complete original turbo system for sale at one point a few years ago but waiting on that to come up again might be never. Schnitzer did stamp specific serial numbers on all the parts they changed from the stock cars, from the entire exhaust, the diff, bilsteins, long range gas tank, block, head and a few other misc parts. The problem is schnitzer didnt keep any records for the future so there is very little info on these cars other than the brochure, which shows a custom diff which they never used. They instead used the same one Alpina put on the B6 (minus the Alpina logo), and stamped their own serial number on it.

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002tii Alpina
    Hi Guys

I'm new to the Forum and have also just joined as this seems to be the only resource for E21 Schnitzer cars. I seem to have found one in reasonable condition and will be going to view it in the next two weeks. I will post some photos after that. My only concern is that this particular car doesn't seem to have the intercooler and "reverse intake" plenum chamber. Otherwise everything seems to be legit down to the marked speedo clusters and tyre inflation sticker in the boot (trunk).

Were there options with these cars in terms of power output, which could explain the difference?

My Cars
    BMW E34 M5 Touring
    Since I have enough cars on my hands already: check this one for sale in Germany. Papers look real... I found this offer at 𝗺𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗲.𝗱𝗲:

BMW 323i SCHNITZER-TURBO.Orginal!!
    First Registration: 06/1979
    Mileage: 123.456 km
    Fuel Type: Petrol

Price: € 5.999

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...utm_medium=ios

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456