Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Found an AC Schnitzer 323i turbo...

My Cars
    M42 swap, turbo imminent
    I'm with Tom 100% here. Thugs can't be that expensive to hire? Uhg, I'm sure they'd want points though as opposed to a flat rate.

There are so many people like this out here. None of them have anything as rare or as valuable as this, but they have old cars sitting out rusting away on their property rusting away, and when people offer to buy them they never sell. Eventually they die and if we're lucky an auction house finds them and the cars get sold off at ridiculous prices. If we're not so lucky a scrapper comes in and they're sold off for steel. If you really want to get the car from him you need to figure out the psychology behind what makes them hold on to them, and figure out how to satisfy their needs. It's definitely not about the money.

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tego French View Post
    Hello,

Just a little up on this car to know if something moved about it ?
    If still possible, I'd like to see it in the steel, as I'm planning to come to the US for my next winter vacation.
    So, any news is welcome to me, even by PM.

I also already have a ST20 Turbo engine and just found the car it was in, so I'm quite happy to keep growing my collection, but feel sad that such an interresting E21 could rust outside for so long now...

So, any news would be good to hear !!!

Let us know what.

Tego
    Leaving this here for you on top, instead of the bottom of the previous page.
    Tbd

My Cars
    330ci

white 323

Don't forget the full tan leather including doors and dash Simon had done!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Wow, see what happens when you don't check here for a few days, you miss cool stuff!!

There were 2 Schnitzers, this was Paul Simons he was from Las vegas he had a few cars at Hardy&Beck at any given time.

He had a switch installed in this car to turn off the rear lights, he might have had the schnitzer strips removed as this was a "sleeper" car for him.
    If you get this car I would for sure contact Allen Hardy or att least talk to George about the car. they will also have some info about it..I have more pictures of this one, I will dig them up..
    Very cool, Very cool indeed!!!

Nice find,
    Jeff

Hey, don't forget the full tan leather that was done on that one, including doors and dash!

My Cars
    1980 e21, 1985 323i
    what is with the 'edit' on all the posts from the guy who found this car? I have been following this for awhile, but just noticed that all the information is ..............gone????
    jm

My Cars
    1982 323i 2003 325it
    Yea, I just read through the whole thread, and all his posts/pictures are gone except one.
    Past, Present, and Future

1974 BMW 2002tii (RIP)
    1995 BMW 325is w/ FULL S50 swap, track prepped (SOLD)
    1988 BMW 325ix Zinno/Black (RIP)
    1988 BMW 325ix Alpine/Black (Sold)
    1988 BMW 535is Alpine/Pacific Blue (Going Away...)
    1982 BMW 323i (Current Project/Paper Weight)
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Wanted to update the group on this car. I acquired the car from Neal about a year ago. I have since been doing a full restoration of the car to bring it back to when it left Schnitzer. The car is very cool and complete. Schnitzer marked all their add on parts with numbers and plaques. The diff which appeared to be a Alpina diff is actually the same diff without the Alpina logo and the Schnitzer number. My guess is they never produced the diff that was in the brochure as it was not cost effective. The transmission, gas tank, 2" exhaust all have these numbers. I did a bare metal repaint of the car and am now in the process of putting the car back together. I have restored the recaro seats, have a fresh set of correct bbs wheels new stripes and badges made by a friend from west coast customs. Hope to be able to unveil the car in a couple months.
    Unfortunately schnitzer is worse than Alpina at keeping records of their cars. This car was verified by BMW as delivered directly to Schnitzer. There is little to no information as to how many units they produced or where they wound up. I bought a few magazines from the period and have seen the few pictures on the internet to help with the process. I have seen this car the grey car, the silver blue bauer and a yellow car, but that is it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djminkin; 07-31-2016 at 03:21 AM.

My Cars
    '71 2002, 1989 325i(sold) 1983 Alpina B6 2.8
    Nice job Danny. Quite the amazing collection you have amassed thus far. You must have a huge garage!!

My Cars
    E21 323 2-E28, 1-M6, E92
    Danny,
    Are you going to put the strips and logo down the side or keep it a bit less conspicuous?
    Nice work and glad to see it in good hands.
    Jeff

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Jeff
    yes my friend did an excellent job recreating the stripe kit out of vinyl. I hope to have it all done in a couple months so I will post pictures as soon as it's complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brent. Yes it's a sickness. Still have the green b6, one of my favorites. It now wears Alpina 15" magnesium 3 piece race wheels.

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo
    Please post pics of the Alpina B6 with the rare rims, and this project. How many cars do you have now brother? WOW
    Congrats, I cant wait to see the finished product.....

PS. I am addicted as well, I got an Interlargos Blue BMW E46 M3
    Last edited by jjgbmw323; 07-31-2016 at 08:06 AM.
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Heres a picture of the B6. Using it as a template to make the schnitzer decals.

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Original (NLA) bbs centercaps for those wheels are aluminum, FYI.

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Look like black plastic in the brochure picture to me

My Cars
    1987 BMW 535iS
    They seem more like stainless steel due to the finish which does not oxidize like polished aluminum does. Maybe you can find a picture of the RA wheels with the metal caps on them. The metal caps are very period looking.

My Cars
    E21 327i, E46 325iT/5
    Fascinating story. Too bad about all of the edited/deleted posts. Hope to see more of this car in the near future.

My Cars
    1980 320iS, 1970 2002
    The metal center caps are indeed stainless steel, not aluminum. However - just like Alpina - Schnitzer used the black plastic caps back in the day. I have quite a few old German car magazines, and the detail pictures all show the black BBS caps. But it appears that Hartge used the metal caps.
    So Danny's wheels are correct.
    Dieter
    Last edited by BMWonly; 08-02-2016 at 01:00 PM.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
    Wanted to update the group on this car. I acquired the car from Neal about a year ago. I have since been doing a full restoration of the car to bring it back to when it left Schnitzer. The car is very cool and complete. Schnitzer marked all their add on parts with numbers and plaques. The diff which appeared to be a Alpina diff is actually the same diff without the Alpina logo and the Schnitzer number. My guess is they never produced the diff that was in the brochure as it was not cost effective. The transmission, gas tank, 2" exhaust all have these numbers. I did a bare metal repaint of the car and am now in the process of putting the car back together. I have restored the recaro seats, have a fresh set of correct bbs wheels new stripes and badges made by a friend from west coast customs. Hope to be able to unveil the car in a couple months.
    Unfortunately schnitzer is worse than Alpina at keeping records of their cars. This car was verified by BMW as delivered directly to Schnitzer. There is little to no information as to how many units they produced or where they wound up. I bought a few magazines from the period and have seen the few pictures on the internet to help with the process. I have seen this car the grey car, the silver blue bauer and a yellow car, but that is it.

I visited the shop yesterday and saw your car for the first time. She is a beauty. The AC Schnitzer gauges ... talk about unobtainium

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    '81 323i Baur conv.
    Love this project! Any new pics on the car sir?

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
    Love this project! Any new pics on the car sir?
    I did snap some pictures of parts of its details.... Not a whole lot of full shot pictures. If the owner and is ok with it, I'll post them

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Here is a fairly recent picture of it. Its almost finished although mechanically its been difficult to dial in. Hopefully soon.

My Cars
    1979 E21 320i
    Does it still have a leather dashboard? If so, I'd love some reference photos for kicks and giggles, I want to see how close I patterned mine to what they made
    -John

My Cars
    1978 323i
    Neat graphics! Are the bumpers painted metal or something else?

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    The leather dash was made custom by the other (grey) car that was imported. This car remained as it left schnizter thank God.
    As to the bumpers stock rear euro bumper and front motorsports spoiler.

My Cars
    EnriquekalOG

Found an AC Schnitzer 323i turbo

Ye dude , i seen this a few years back, there are actually loads of BG BPT/BPD BGs out there ill have a look and get you some links But that is the N/A block with turbo and loads of internal work, I think 250 is very accurate The best I seen was a BA with a B6T block, I think it was putting out 220bhp Its on the club somewhere

My Cars
    2002tii, 911 964, SL450
    Hi guys! I am new to the forum and registered because it is the only forum I found some info on the car in the topic

I have a possibility to have a 323i turbo Schnitzer. The car is in Europe (me, too), here are the photos:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v30942s81...y50gwenAa?dl=0

If you could do me a favour and estimate what the car is worth? I don't know completely how much it is worth and he awaits propositions, so I guess he doesn't know, too
    Last edited by carboneliveries; 10-11-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast