Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Miller WAR Machine - High compression S50 Build

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    I remember seeing some sick cars from Miller over the years....just realized since I moved to the PNW, they are a lot close now! Ha Ha...

Looks good...

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    where is the gun, so i can shoot you and take the car jkjk

1997 Cosmos M3 - Sold

My Cars
    Unicycle
    So we had the engine and trans in the car last night and today we went to install the rouge shift kit...

While the transmission was sitting around we replaced all the detents and I think that led to a problem

We found that the shifter was sitting with tension, not slop, under 5th gear. Getting it into reverse was also kind of an art. We thought the ssk was the problem BUT it isn't. So after dropping the tranny and engine in as one, we had to drop the tranny out.

Does it make sense that something was wrong with the detent replacement causing it to sit under 5th with tension and not just slop? The tranny came from a local wrecker and I didnt even think to check the position of the selector shaft when it got dropped off.

Im not too familiar with the problems and causes of these trannys since weve never had a problem.
    Last edited by Brody @ Miller; 02-20-2013 at 12:11 AM.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    pretty tough to screw up the detents... If they were installed incorrectly, you wouldnt be able to put the springs/caps/circlips back in..

Sounds like something was inherently wrong in the trans to me..
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MPower View Post
    pretty tough to screw up the detents... If they were installed incorrectly, you wouldnt be able to put the springs/caps/circlips back in..

Sounds like something was inherently wrong in the trans to me..
    Yah its just weird. It not leaning to fifth, you can tell spring pressure is keeping it there. One thing though is I cant get the 5th gear detent OUT. Reverse came out easy but 5th is stuck like a B in there... maybe thats got something to do with it?

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Uh.. yeah.. sounds like bushing sleeve got messed up and seized detent... remove, clean up an burrs, install new
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    Gelb E36 M3, E90 330xi
    That is sooooo good lookin'.

My Cars
    95 M3, 07 Titan, 96 XJ
    highly interested in the power output of this motor ... i keep thinking about doing this as well.. my car currently puts down 260whp 247wtrq with a P/P head and Schrick cams, and all the other bolts on's

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
    Daily E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.790 :: 1/8th - 8.20 :: MPH - 84.68 :: 1/4 - 12.81 :: MPH - 107.05
    *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95
    Cool2seat's TTstg1 E36 M3 - 60ft - 2.123 :: 1/8th - 8.44 :: MPH - 87.71 :: 1/4 - 12.94 :: MPH - 107.95

My Cars
    TBSS, 90 348, 65 Mustang
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm620 View Post
    highly interested in the power output of this motor ... i keep thinking about doing this as well.. my car currently puts down 260whp 247wtrq with a P/P head and Schrick cams, and all the other bolts on's
    There are others that have done it, but they won't post too much online. Special pistons that allow normal vanos movement range help with the mid-range power when using the bigger cams. A little bit of headwork to flow more air, a special damper to allow higher rpm, proper sized headers, and some have even claimed +/-30hp when using the euro ITB setup. I'd be most interested in the ITB setup and/or a modified M50 manifold like what Rebello has done in the past.

I did 265/245 back in 2005 with the Schricks and my Stickley motor, but I really don't know what's done to it internally. That 265/245 was also done with stock exhaust manifolds and stock OBD-I cats.

Hopefully this thread will show what's been done and how to do it to get the big numbers across the full RPM range.

My Cars
    96 M3,'12 Grand Cherokee
    Best I have seen on a similar set up to this was 275 whp. With the right headers and some tuning 280-290 should be doable.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    Nice build. Wish i had similar resources...

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Well the daughter has been sick this week so I took a few days off and then there were some parts I had forgotten to order and or decided to order while getting this thing back in the car.

I chopped the impeller off the water pump since I am going with an electric Davies Craig unit. I don't have time to make a nice block off plate so for now, this had to do.

Got the Fidanza fly wheel on,

Followed by the ever trusty clutchmaster FX400 6 puck...

Ready to drop in all as one...

before I started to delete BS lines that don't need to be there...

more in a bit.

To comment a bit in the power goals... im working with a very good engine builder who doesnt just build engines but does the design and manufacturing of the cams and pistons we sell.

When you find an excellent person like this to help, many things are possible. The cams are large but the pistons are built for them. When you are limited to stock pistons your possibilites WILL be limited unfortunately

Unlike other cams that dont play nice with stock pistons forcing your engine to be only top end friendly, this combo is meant to be good for torque and power. With the right install adjustments, I could tweak the power for top end performance just for numbers sake which I plan on doing too.

The cams are degree'd right now to out me right around 300 wheel and 275 torque. We will see how it goes in a couple weeks!!
    Last edited by Brody @ Miller; 02-24-2013 at 09:07 PM.

My Cars
    e28, e30, e36
    nice build, I'de like to here this thing when its done.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Well, some updates...

Car would not turn over properly with ECU plugged in... It ended up being the wrong harmonic balancer! I didn't even notice since the balancer came with the donor S50, but it was using a NON VANOS harmonic balancer. Luckily, TDC is marked at the same spot, the missing teeth are just on the opposite side of the wheel. Switched over the M50 balancer I had left and viola! Started like a champ. Only ran it for a couple seconds since we didn't have the cooling system hooked up yet.

Today, we bled the clutch. If you have ever felt a Clutchmasters fx400, you will know how nice it actually feels. Its super streetable and capable of holding 500 WTQ as we have proven in the past.

Here are some progress pictures...

I love how these nuts are brand new but look like they came from the wild west LOL

Hard to see, but you can make out the black AN fitting where the drain plug used to be. this is a port that I am dumping fresh coolant in to aid in cooling the hotest area of the block.

I will have more pictures of that once I finish machining a union for it.

Also got the Rouge Engineering SSK installed. This piece is top quality and feels great!

And thanks to Eric and Rally Road for the Alcantara shift and E-Brake boots.

Last edited by Brody @ Miller; 03-07-2013 at 04:45 PM.

My Cars
    E36
    info on rear diffuser?
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan
    damn nice build man!
    1997 Arctic Silver/Mulberry M3/4/5.
    Pics: http://www.ebaudio.com/MyPics/index.php?path=M3

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    What a sick build. What headers are those?
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    TBSS, 90 348, 65 Mustang
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody @ Miller View Post
    Well, some updates...

Car would not turn over properly with ECU plugged in... It ended up being the wrong harmonic balancer! I didn't even notice since the balancer came with the donor S50, but it was using a NON VANOS harmonic balancer. Luckily, TDC is marked at the same spot, the missing teeth are just on the opposite side of the wheel. Switched over the M50 balancer I had left and viola! Started like a champ. Only ran it for a couple seconds since we didn't have the cooling system hooked up yet.
    You're spending a great deal of money on the motor, why not look into the ATI balancer instead of a stock one?

My Cars
    1991 Mazda Miata
    Awesome build, will be following.

My Cars
    96 M3
    oh mai gawsh!!

My Cars
    BMW E36 S54 Sedan
    aweeeeeeeeeesome!

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    info on rear diffuser?
    Haven't built it yet, last thing on the list to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikB34
    damn nice build man!
    Thanks! It has been fun and a lot of work. It's my first E36 (ex e34 guy) and I am really happy the way it has turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1
    What a sick build. What headers are those?
    The sweet and cheap Racelands. They are actually extremely decent for the 199 price tag!

Quote Originally Posted by -vjlax18
    You're spending a great deal of money on the motor, why not look into the ATI balancer instead of a stock one?
    No need for it. This isn't a track car that will live upstairs. The odd run to redline is not going to hurt an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Misfit
    Awesome build, will be following.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazariy
    Damn this is clean! I really want to see vids/rear diffuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRSv
    oh mai gawsh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by B0rJarZz
    aweeeeeeeeeesome!
    Thanks guys! I should have the exhaust built by the end of the day and I will post more pictures.

My Cars
    2008 M3 AW on Fox
    Did you ever figure out the 5th gear lean?
    Thx.
    08 Alpine on Fox Red - Bot 1.19.23 in Spearfish
    97 Byzanz on Black M3/4/A - Sold 7.14.21 to Behzad of Newark

97 Byzanz on Magma M3/4/A - Sold 7.7.17Jerad in CO

98 TiSilver on Black M3/4/A - Sold 7.19.17 Jono driving it
    96 Boston on Dove M3/2/5 - Sold 10.28.17 Benny and Suad
    98 Estoril on Dove M3/4/5 - Sold 9.23.13 Garrett driving it
    98 Arctic on Dove M3/4/5 - Sold - 4.2.13 - Ron driving it
    98 Estoril on Dove M3/2/5 - Sold 8.6.12 Thy driving it
    99 Estoril on Sand M3/2/5 - Sold 7.31.12 Eric driving it
    98 Arctic on Dove M3/2/5 - Sold 3.10.12 Kyle driving it
    96 Techno on Black M3/2/5-Sold 6.13.09 Ross totaled it

My Cars
    '94 325is ls1/T56
    im ready for the exhaust clip!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    need that exhaust brody!!

Dream big, work hard, and let what you love, be what you do.

Best in Arizona, Certified Master Technitions, Founded in 1992 and family owned since.
    http://ultimateautoworks.com/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast