Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Finally, direct replacement cup holder that works

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Orders packed and ready to go out Monday. Tracking numbers on the way.

We are going to evaluate the phone holder idea.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Big order weekend. Thanks all!

My Cars
    '97 M3, '04 ZHP coupe
    I like my coin holder, but not my ashtray. Might I suggest some kind of storage thing that goes there instead of the ashtray?

My Cars
    2x 97 M3/4, 05 530i
    Really, if we are wanting to replace the cup holders, coin holders, and ash tray with replacements.... why not just make an entire replacement console? The modular one is stupid anyways. Most I have seen end up in the same configuration.

My Cars
    95 s/cM3,93 332is turbo,96 chevy dually, 73 camaro
    I'd definitely be in for a storage tray partition or a smart phone holder

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, Techno
    I can't wait to get these, I just ordered 2. I was actually thinking of designing one, but too many things on my plate. As such, I am now supporting your venture

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pacethis View Post
    I can't wait to get these, I just ordered 2. I was actually thinking of designing one, but too many things on my plate. As such, I am now supporting your venture
    I just found out that it costs as much to ship 25 miles from my house and 2,500 miles from my house.

They'll go out today, so you should have them tomorrow.

My Cars
    E36
    I currently have (#15) in my car, all I need to do is get part (#16) and then I can order the cup holders? Is it possible to have the cup holders and retain the coin holder (#18)?

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Orders shipped and still a lot more coupon space left.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rated View Post
    I currently have (#15) in my car, all I need to do is get part (#16) and then I can order the cup holders? Is it possible to have the cup holders and retain the coin holder (#18)?

Yes, all you would need is part #16. If you want to retain the coin holder, you'd need to order the modular coin holder (part #18).

My Cars
    BMW M3
    We'll be stocking #16 soon. People have had good luck retro-fitting.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Any feedback?

How are people liking them?

My Cars
    E30, E36, E46
    I finally installed mine and went for a drive with a can of Rockstar. It's perfect - works better than the two 2012-2013 cars in my garage at the moment. Money well spent!

My Cars
    1999 M3 Convertible
    Finally got mine installed after having it sit around for a month. It's pretty stable if you use something with a wide base/bottom like a insulated thermos. If you use it with those skinny water bottle like Aqua Fina, then not so good. The four rubber tabs are a little too weak and little too thin to hold the water bottle in place. The cup holder could be a little deeper too.
    The modification needed for the install is not for the faint of hearts either. You basically have to widen the center console to accommodate the cup holder and that means cutting into the console. Unless you have a dremel tool or something similar, this won't be an easy or fast job. It took me a little over an hour to get the cup holder in place. The good thing is once it's in, it looks great!
    I use my car daily for work and I love coffee so it's worth it for me to install this item. But if you're an occasional bottle water drinker, I suggest looking for other solutions that might be cheaper or that doesn't require cutting into your car. Just my two cents.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by speedblind View Post
    I finally installed mine and went for a drive with a can of Rockstar. It's perfect - works better than the two 2012-2013 cars in my garage at the moment. Money well spent!
    Glad to hear you are happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mym3car View Post
    Finally got mine installed after having it sit around for a month. It's pretty stable if you use something with a wide base/bottom like a insulated thermos. If you use it with those skinny water bottle like Aqua Fina, then not so good. The four rubber tabs are a little too weak and little too thin to hold the water bottle in place. The cup holder could be a little deeper too.
    The modification needed for the install is not for the faint of hearts either. You basically have to widen the center console to accommodate the cup holder and that means cutting into the console. Unless you have a dremel tool or something similar, this won't be an easy or fast job. It took me a little over an hour to get the cup holder in place. The good thing is once it's in, it looks great!
    I use my car daily for work and I love coffee so it's worth it for me to install this item. But if you're an occasional bottle water drinker, I suggest looking for other solutions that might be cheaper or that doesn't require cutting into your car. Just my two cents.
    Thanks for the review. We may make some stiffer tabs in the next production. The problem is they can get very hard to install. If we do make more tabs, everyone who has made a purchase will get a new set.

You are correct, the install in not really for the fainthearted. It is definitely made easier with a Dremel, but it was really the only feasible solution to make the cup holder wide enough / deep enough (without having it sit way above the console).

Glad you are finding it useful though!

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Weekend orders shipped. Thanks again.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Shipped quite a few last week. Thanks for the orders!

My Cars
    E36 M3, E39 M5, E46 M3
    Are you all saying you are switching from the stock "beer bottle" holders!?? You heathens!
    1998 E36 328i SOLD
    1995 E36 M3 SOLD
    2001 E39 M5 DD
    2004 E46 M3 Track

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3/4/A TiAg
    I just order 2 of these. Thanks for supporting our beloved e36's!

I would also be interested in a phone holder/coin replacement and a storage bin/ashtray replacement if you pursue those designs.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Thanks. Packing them up now.

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Not TOO many more to go to make this a break-even venture...

My Cars
    95 M3, 2012 civic
    Sale still going?!

My Cars
    '98 M3
    No pics of them installed in customer cars yet? At least in this thread.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Just bought one. Coupon still good. My Monster drink has not been fitting my stock modular 99 E36 M3 cup holder.

My Cars
    99 Cosmos M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Just bought one. Coupon still good. My Monster drink has not been fitting my stock modular 99 E36 M3 cup holder.
    I have the same year M3 and yes the removable insert was never quite right. Can u post a pic of this cup holder?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast