Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: E39 CarPc, Zapco, HAT, Fi

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    Quote Originally Posted by AusE39er View Post
    Hey where is some 12v power behind the center stack anyway?

Did you hide that steering wheel control thing away somewhere? Won't look good anywhere in plain site, imo.
    The dsp remote? I haven't hidden it yet but I plan to.
    As far as power goes, there's a purple wire for the stock head unit I can use since I don't have a DD unit that needs power.

Quote Originally Posted by kapone View Post
    Nice build. Excellent choice of equipment.

I may have missed it...but where's the "CarPC"??
    It's in the trunk where the factory amp was. I need to build a new case since I upgraded components.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWPlanetDude View Post
    Loving the craftsmanship on this.
    Any more pictures on the dash work?
    http://translate.google.com/translat...php%3Ft%3D1101

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak View Post
    The dsp remote? I haven't hidden it yet but I plan to.
    As far as power goes, there's a purple wire for the stock head unit I can use since I don't have a DD unit that needs power.

It's in the trunk where the factory amp was. I need to build a new case since I upgraded components.

http://translate.google.com/translat...php%3Ft%3D1101
    Ah right, guess I should check out a wiring diagram for my head unit and see what I got.

I have one of these on the way from the states, hence the need of some 12v power.
    Last edited by AusE39er; 10-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.

My Cars
    01 740i, 89 Esprit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak View Post
    Gotcha. I thought long and hard about that position as well, but in the end, wasn't comfortable with it. (Because I'm putting in additional equipment in that bay, including an MS-8. And with a PC in there, I wasn't sure about the heat/noise/RF issues.)

I finally settled on.....It's a chopped up 1U case. Ended up being 1.75"x 8" x 17". About the size of a large amp. This goes in the back part of the trunk (towards the seats), with my amps in front of this on a hinged false floor.

1997 Toyota Landcruiser - I remember buying it, and then I loaned it to a family member.... Still waiting to get it back.

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Nice work, will be good to see the install.

My Cars
    BMW E39 530ia
    If I had the guts, that would have been my dream, with a good usb dac, or a good sound card, there's a way to achieve something different, with flac playing...
    I'm listening more and more to Norah Jones "come away with me" in flac 24/192, with my grado PS1000 headphone, and there's quite some potential with car pc playing flac...

My Cars
    01 740i, 89 Esprit....
    Yup, XBMC as the front end, with the CarPC to an EMU 0404-USB to the MS-8 and on to the amps. Plays flac flawlessly and sweetly...
    1997 Toyota Landcruiser - I remember buying it, and then I loaned it to a family member.... Still waiting to get it back.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    Well, I've been distracted lately. But I got some work done on the PC Used an htpc case, gonna mount in the spare tire area. Updated some software so I can play flac and ogg, might try xmbc if this doesn't work out Gotta get fiberglass supplies and fix a taillight leak.
    Last edited by Jesus Freak; 03-05-2014 at 01:00 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    Fixed my leak, ended up being the fuel door lock.

Tested on and off-axis dash positions

Gonna try and do a dash install like this

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528

Battery 2

Computer rethought, zapco dsp is gone, mosconi dsp took it's place.

Dash installed by Musicar NW

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi JF,

Absolutely fantastic attention to detail so far and really liking what your direction is with the complete build!

Do you have more information on the car pc setup? it's been a few years since the start of your thread and hardware and software has moved on, also detail of the mid bass in the front doors? still there? I'm assuming a good solid build is what you've done? The dashtop grilles and frame look brilliant and very OEM indeed. A question there for you is once the dash is in place and if wishing to retain the windscreen vent function, how much space under the dash top is there in those locations? 3-4 inches or so ? or more/less?

Hope there's more updates coming through from you, some of the usual members in this forum seem to not post much here anymore, perhaps need more installs like this to tempt them back

Cheers, Dennis!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456