Thread: Any real power difference between a 95M3 with Euro HFm kit....

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i

Any real power difference between a 95M3 with Euro HFm kit....

and a 3.2L OBDI with the same mods? Does anyone know if there is that much of a power difference?

Thanks
    -Joe

When you say 3.2l OBD I do you mean a 96+ conversion to OBDI or a '95 with a 3.2l transplant?

I have a '95 OBDI with a 3.2l block and all the other bolt ons and it was a significant difference over the stock 3.0l with equivalent bolt-ons.

The biggest difference in my car is the low end torque, I spent the first three days spinning my tires every time I shifted hard...but unfortunately you get used to more power very quickly

With a 3.2 conversion to OBDI why wouldn't you then go with the Euro HFM anyway?

Tim

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    Thanks. I did mean 96+M3's with OBDI conversions with the Euro HFM, etc. compared to a 95 3.0L with the same Euro HFM, chip, etc.
    -Joe

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    I have a '95 OBDI with a 3.2l block and all the other bolt ons and it was a significant difference over the stock 3.0l with equivalent bolt-ons.

Have you dyno'd the 3.2 OBDI combo yet?

no I haven't and I honestly don't have a clue what it would dyno at ... there is so much bogus information out there from the tuners.

Definitely under 300hp and I would guess over 275hp...if I new a convenient place in the Boston area I would have it done.

The car is super fun to drive hard!