Thread: Engine fluttering but only after car is warmed up?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i

Engine fluttering but only after car is warmed up?

Hello,
    I have read many posts both on this, the 'fest and other forums trying to find a solution to my problem. Here is the recent history (I have only owned the car for just over a year):

I just changed the VANOS seals with Beisan Systems. Afterward I had a CEL with codes P1250, P1189, P1188 and P0302 and the idle was rough. It had a little hiccup so I changed the sparkplugs and the idle has now smoothed out and the car runs superb until the temp guage hits 12 o'clock and then I get this fluttering and loss of power. It is like a cylinder is not firing. What confuses me is that it runs so well until it warms up.

I do need to take it back to Autozone to have it scanned again for codes but that is not exactly right around the corner and I am a bit over on my registration (because of the CEL).

In the meantime I am trying to decide if it is o2's (and which ones to start with), the crankshaft sensor, one or both camshaft sensors or the CCV (a little bit of snot on the bottom of the valve cover near the vent tube). I retraced my steps this past Saturday with the valve cover gasket as well as other places for common vacuum leaks but the situation is the same.

I suspect some would say take it to your local indy but that is just not me. I try to do all my own work.

Any thoughts or has anyone else run into this?
    2000 528i 170,000 miles

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    additional info:

I have cleaned the IACV and the MAF (both with CRC cleaner and isopropyl alcohol in a freezer bag)

This is kind of a bump. So I know that some of my codes are related to the FPR. Since my car is a 2000 my FPR is underneath the car. I have changed the fuel filter earlier last summer. Has anyone just had the o-rings wear out on it or do you have to change the FPR out? I can only presume that my FPR for my year is the same as others even though it is in a different location.
    Last edited by gadzooks25; 01-29-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost