Thread: S52 Oil Cooling Options thread

My Cars
    ‘98 MRoadster SC

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Very pretty.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Can you post a link to the cooler you bought and any other install pictures?

I have a blower with the same fitment issues that you had. I plan doing the same thing with a Rally Road cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagunak47 View Post
    Alright guys, so just finished installing an oil cooler in the MRoadster. Had some confusion as it already had the "euro" oil filter housing installed to feed the vf engineering supercharger as well as the vanos line. So I had 2 returns open but no outlets. I did as much research as I could and wasn't sure whether or not the oil cap cooler would work BUT IT DOES!
    Attachment 648067
    Second Problem I faced was where to mount the damn thing. I live in vegas and this is an 80% track car 20% weekend car so wanted to retain the factory air conditioning system and aux fan which left no room for a cooler in front. The right side pod for the brake cooling had been filled with the intake for the supercharger so that left me with the left pod as my only option unless I wanted to run the smaller s54 radiator with the stock cooler but given that I track this car and the supercharger isn't intercooled I opted for the Mishimoto 10 row oil cooler which JUST fit.

Attachment 648069Attachment 648068
    Ran the lines and tested the system for leaks and everything is working great. I'd consistently see 260-270 degrees Fahrenheit oil temps on track when it was about 70 outside if I ran when it was 90 degrees ambient the coolant would start to creep up to 215 degrees Fahrenheit range. Excited to test this out and glad that the rally road cap works with the euro/s54 cooler.
    Attachment 648070
    Before
    Attachment 648071

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234