Thread: BCbimmers....

My Cars
    nil

BCbimmers....

What is wrong with this site? Is there some secret to getting approval from the admin? They always ask you to post, and yet they won't give you permission to do so? It would be nice to have some local contacts, since the forum here is country wide.
    regards

My Cars
    99 323is
    If there is a secret... I still don't know it
    F'ing '11s.

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325ic
    You have to know someone on the inside - We don't just let anybody in
    This is the site owners email: marksv4 at yahoo dot com

My Cars
    nil

thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Parallel View Post
    You have to know someone on the inside - We don't just let anybody in
    This is the site owners email: marksv4 at yahoo dot com
    Done, thanks for the assistance.
    regards

My Cars
    92 325is
    yeah ditto.....I've tried registering numerous times, and emailed numerous times, but no response. Even tried to get Shawn Patel to find out what's up, with zero luck.

Odd that you guys would have a local forum and not allow people to register in.

My Cars
    Black one
    I'd love to get on that site, but they've made it really hard to get approved. It says 'start an introduction thread' but there is no introduction forum.

I've seen other forums in the same boat have an intro forum that newbs can post in. They are asked to post a quick intro and a picture of their favorite car. This way the admins can verify you actually exist as a human, without the user having to know secret email addresses.

My Cars
    91 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by PDM075 View Post
    yeah ditto.....I've tried registering numerous times, and emailed numerous times, but no response. Even tried to get Shawn Patel to find out what's up, with zero luck.

Odd that you guys would have a local forum and not allow people to register in.
    approved

Quote Originally Posted by Langertown View Post
    I'd love to get on that site, but they've made it really hard to get approved. It says 'start an introduction thread' but there is no introduction forum.

I've seen other forums in the same boat have an intro forum that newbs can post in. They are asked to post a quick intro and a picture of their favorite car. This way the admins can verify you actually exist as a human, without the user having to know secret email addresses.
    approved
    Last edited by marksv4; 02-08-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    99 E36 M3 Cosmos/Black leather
    91 E30 318is DS/Anthrazit S14 & 5 bolt conversion underway!!~!
    www.bcbimmers.com

My Cars
    1998 z3m roadster

Me too

Registered twice months ago and still haven't got beyond approved but can't post.

mikelat

My Cars
    1999 528i sport
    Hello to my neighbours!

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328i cabriolet
    I travel occasionally from Edmonton to Vancouver and would be interested in meeting
    some BCbimmers from time to time.

My Cars
    1994 Mazda Miata
    I have 5 post but can't post anymore until approved.
    Once you're at 10 post apparently you can freely post.

I'm trying to contact a seller of parts,but can't

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    I'm attempting to join and the site is telling me that my email has been banned??
    Why?!
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    98 M3
    I don't know why they make it so difficult. I know they want to keep the spammy shit out, but there isn't going to be any info or classifieds if no one can post. It took 4 months before I was approved and all I wanted to do was post a WTB: M3 thread with 20k sitting in my bank account. Now that I'm on there I've had good luck with classifieds on there, but being that its all local (ish) more people would be a benefit rather than a hinderance.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    92 535i ACS 3.8L, 84 E30
    Hey guys I'm an admin over at BCBimmers our security never used to be this tight. A few years back we had a breach in the website where some members made numerous fake accounts and spammed them in order to try to crash the site. Up to the point where we were useing 100% of our server resources and it was crashing the server. Sorry the process isnt perfect if you want to become a member email me directly at brendan.nyhan@hotmail.com or pm me here. We appreciate new members it just takes us a while to get there is we check all registering ip's and email address.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    I registered there about a year ago and never got approved. Sent an email to admin but never heard back and just gave up on them. I tried again tonight. We'll see how that goes...

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Boston Green
    I was actually looking into signing up on BCBimmers, but after reading this, I dunno... 1+ years or approval is a while to wait...
    BMW 1995 E36 M3 Luxury Pkg. (Bostongruen Metallic 275)

BMW 1999 E36 323is Sport Pkg. (Orientblau Metallic 317)

iSociety

My Cars
    98 M3
    Its not as bad anymore, might as well sign up. It only takes a few minutes to do it.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 328is

How do i make a new thread

Hello, I am new here I dont wana sound stupid but how do i make a new thread? lol

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Boston Green
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckybmw View Post
    Hello, I am new here I dont wana sound stupid but how do i make a new thread? lol
    Critical mission failure.

There's an FAQ and other resources for new members to check out. I would probably start with that!
    BMW 1995 E36 M3 Luxury Pkg. (Bostongruen Metallic 275)

BMW 1999 E36 323is Sport Pkg. (Orientblau Metallic 317)

iSociety