Thread: door locking problems, please help

My Cars
    330ci(r.i.p) MB E500

Question door locking problems, please help

First, my passenger side front door would always stay locked and it wouldn't open with the other three, now about two weeks after that started happening my remote won't open any door and I know it has bettery because the red light blinks when I press it. Does anyone know what I can do about either problem? by the way I have a factory alarm and my car is a 94. Thank you.

Andrew

My Cars
    1998 323is
    I have had the same prob with the passenger side front door. I don't have a remote opener so I can't help you there. I have had a prob with turning the key on the drivers side. SOme times it will turn all the way and the locks will go down and some times it only takes a fraction of a turn??? At other times turning to the right is not possible?? So sorry not have an answer, just want some answers meself

My Cars
    E36
    Hey.
    I have the same problem with mine. Mine is the passenger side rear door. i guess its a little more common then i thought. I brought it in to the dealer, and they told me it is the door actuator. But they want to charge me an arm and a leg to fix it, so im still deciding whether its that important to me.

hope this helps,

T

My Cars
    Yes
    Check your fuses. Then check the thread that's parked at the top of this forum for information on wiring failure at the trunk lid.

Last year I had to fix this wiring because the insulation had cracked off and exposed wires were touching. The first indication of trouble was a central locking fuse that kept blowing when I tried to lock/unlock the car with the console switch and the remote fob.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Yep, check your fuses (replace all of them if you're anal like me) and take this oportunity to squirt some graphite lock lubricant in the key holes - that stuff's great!

Ryan Windley | Mech./Packaging Engineer | Frito-Lay R&D
    1995 ///M3 Coupe
    | Cosmos Black Metallic | Black
    Go: Dinan CAI | Chip | Fan Delete
    Stop: Euro Floating Rotors
    Susp: Blisteins | H&R OE Sports | GC RSMs | UUC TMEs | 96+ RTAB & GC Shims | X-Brace
    Misc: Understeer SSK | Clutch Stop | JTD Underpanel | ///M Oil Cap
    Exterior: Clears | Tint | RD Staggered RGRs
    Interior: Lighted Shift Knob | Armrest
    Sound: Clarion Head Unit | MB Quart | JL Audio Stealthboxes

My Cars
    330ci(r.i.p) MB E500
    Thank you for all the replies, I'll try them later today. Does anyone else have any answers?

My Cars
    98 328i
    I went to the $tealer before I found bf.c. It was the actuator. Here's the link from the DIY post above.

http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/E36LockActuator.html
    98 328i
    Slower does not mean safer.