Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Sneezy's 540 Adventure

My Cars
    '91 M5
    Welcome back! I think about your car every now and again and wonder how it is doing.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    Fives
    When I recovered it last month it still had the tools sitting on the rear axle where I had knocked off work "for the weekend".

Changed the oil and coolant, put a new battery in it, bolted on the wheels and she fired right up.

Forgiving lass, apparently. I hope to make her happy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    I can't speculate on what would cause the POOP alarm, but I would recommend pulling over immediately.

Specialization is for insects

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    This car is finally off the jackstands. After four years of personal trials and having to watch all of my cars get sold off to people who just saw them as olde cars they could hipster around in, I am finally in a place where I can do something again.

It was close. I almost sold it twice, but in the end I couldn't let it go.

Nothing to show as far as advancement, other than the fact that she is no longer being ignored.

I hope to have it ready for April's Vintage. I hear E34s are welcome on the field now...
    Heck yeah! I don't know if my project will be quite ready for april's vintage, but I'll be there and I hope to see yours
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Hi!!

My Cars
    Fives
    She's back on the road as of today.

Jon's Porsche sealed Brembos work flawlessly.

The M-Cloth interior is in place (awesome sexy super sex). Did I mention how sexy that interior is? Maybe I should mention that...

Imma get her detailed in the next week or so, then, I will post some really crappy cell phone pics. Do you guys still like pics?
    I can't speculate on what would cause the POOP alarm, but I would recommend pulling over immediately.

My Cars
    Fives
    I beat on this olde girl for three solid hours today. Many statutes violated. I tried to break it.

I did. The driver's side window stopped working.

My Cars
    '91 M5
    'Bout time.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    Fives
    Aye. Well past. I had forgotten ho much fun this car is to drive.

My Cars
    '91 M5
    I really wish I still had it. I have three E34s now, which makes no sense. I would be down to 2 by now I think, but one I am planning on putting up for sale is down since I damaged the cam shaft while adjusting valves.

Loved that black, well-cared for interior. And with the UUC kit it is still the best shifting car I have driven.
    Current Fleet:

Past:

My Cars
    Fives
    Can. Not. Haz.

Dude, that shifter is the stuff. Everybody that touches it raves about it.

The interior is now happily residing in another car. I have the much less comfortable MCloth manuals in her now.

Awful interior compared to the Sport seats, in my opinion. But cool super sexy...so....

My Cars
    Fives
    Broke her out of jail this weekend for some quality time.

Headliner rebelled. lots of flapping and general shenanigans.

Off to see if new ones are available, to dye black.

and that means I need the pillar trim too.

Money pit...

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Let me respectfully remind you that TTIWWP. I didn't make the rules
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    Fives
    Well, I suppose I could snap a pic of a flappy headliner...

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    That always does it for me
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    95 547i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    Aye. Well past. I had forgotten ho much fun this car is to drive.
    I had a similar situation yesterday. I had planned to rip the 540 up the kancamagus higway in NH during the last week of july. I drove it to work that Saturday and it died coming off the highway and it turns out the MAF went according to the code. It was going to rain that whole week so I didn't really care. I spent the rest of the next 3ish weeks debating selling it because I just couldn't get around to driving it but thanks to a stroke of luck I ended up with a used MAF and a bunch of other trinkets from an e34 for free. Someone at my worked traded in a 94 540 and the car was destined for auction so when I spoke with the sales manager about boosting some parts off of it and I was told "it drives currently and it needs to do so across the auction block. Other than that, I don't care." Swapped mafs and very much enjoyed the car so much yesterday that I convinced my self back into not selling the thing.

Keep driving your car and you'll keep loving it.

-Steve

My Cars
    Ruckus.
    Quote Originally Posted by E28Project View Post
    I had a similar situation yesterday. I had planned to rip the 540 up the kancamagus higway in NH during the last week of july. I drove it to work that Saturday and it died coming off the highway and it turns out the MAF went according to the code. It was going to rain that whole week so I didn't really care. I spent the rest of the next 3ish weeks debating selling it because I just couldn't get around to driving it but thanks to a stroke of luck I ended up with a used MAF and a bunch of other trinkets from an e34 for free. Someone at my worked traded in a 94 540 and the car was destined for auction so when I spoke with the sales manager about boosting some parts off of it and I was told "it drives currently and it needs to do so across the auction block. Other than that, I don't care." Swapped mafs and very much enjoyed the car so much yesterday that I convinced my self back into not selling the thing.

-Steve
    This is the most Steve thing I've ever read in my entire life.

My Cars
    95 547i
    Twa
    Quote Originally Posted by bfp9 View Post
    This is the most Steve thing I've ever read in my entire life.
    Don't you have locals to terrorize with your invasive presence?

My Cars
    Trash
    Quote Originally Posted by E28Project View Post

-Steve
    Stopped at a Qwik Czech, bought some Orbit, jammed it in the MAF and we were back on the road!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789