Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm writing an OBDII app for Android, please help me test it!

My Cars
    745LI
    Quote Originally Posted by todor View Post
    Cool, yes, let's do it Do you have an ELM327 Bluetooth device and an Android phone or tablet?
    What's the production date on your 07 E66? If it's 03/2007 or newer, it should be compatible with the new BMW-specific features. For the rest of the cars, just generic OBDII diagnostics should work. You can get the beta version of Carista that has the BMW-specific stuff here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
    Please reply here or by PM to let me know. If your E66 is compatible, I definitely wanna know and I wanna ask you to send me a "debug data" report from within the app (the beta page has info on how to do that).

Thanks very much!

I ordered my Elm327 Yesterday & it say's shipped & should be here Monday .
    Yes I have an Android phone , & I'll have to check the prod date for you , But I
    think it is 03 /2007 .

As for the older E66 & the E46 , could you not get your App to work on the K-line
    & use a Modified Elm327 ( I think only 2 pins need to be soldered ) ???

My Cars
    745LI
    I have My Elm327 plug , arrived Yesterday . It connected with no problem
    in both E66 02 & 07 . However the only thing I could do was check emission status
    on both cars ???

When I tried to scan for faults it did nothing , Nor when I tried to use
    Customize ( I assume cause I have not paid for the Pro version ? )
    Is there a way to test the customize before we pay to see if it even connects
    with that option ???

Also tried my buddys 08 e60 . It said no faults , but could not test the customize feature .

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
    I have My Elm327 plug , arrived Yesterday . It connected with no problem
    in both E66 02 & 07 . However the only thing I could do was check emission status
    on both cars ???

When I tried to scan for faults it did nothing , Nor when I tried to use
    Customize ( I assume cause I have not paid for the Pro version ? )
    Is there a way to test the customize before we pay to see if it even connects
    with that option ???

Also tried my buddys 08 e60 . It said no faults , but could not test the customize feature .
    I see. Well, the 02 would definitely not be compatible with customizations. The 07 E66 should be, as long as it's an 03/07 build date or newer. And the 08 E60 definitely should be. But it may just be that we don't have any customizations configured for those cars yet. When you clicked on CUSTOMIZE, did it ask you to collect data and send a report? If so, please do that - it would be extremely helpful. Also, you're using the beta version of Carista, right? Because the regular one does not have any support for BMW-specific stuff whatsoever.

No, the lack of customization functionality is not a matter of not having purchased the pro version. Normally you'd see the list of available customizations for free and THEN if you want to be able to change any of them, you'd have to pay (just the first time). But since you're a tester, I'll give you a free test account. Just email me at support@caristaapp.com and I'll get you set up. Because very soon we'll have customizations for you to try

Thanks again!

My Cars
    745LI
    I see. Well, the 02 would definitely not be compatible with customizations. The 07 E66 should be, as long as it's an 03/07 build date or newer. And the 08 E60 definitely should be. But it may just be that we don't have any customizations configured for those cars yet. When you clicked on CUSTOMIZE, did it ask you to collect data and send a report? If so, please do that - it would be extremely helpful. Also, you're using the beta version of Carista, right? Because the regular one does not have any support for BMW-specific stuff whatsoever.

No, the lack of customization functionality is not a matter of not having purchased the pro version. Normally you'd see the list of available customizations for free and THEN if you want to be able to change any of them, you'd have to pay (just the first time). But since you're a tester, I'll give you a free test account. Just email me at support@caristaapp.com and I'll get you set up. Because very soon we'll have customizations for you to try

Thanks again!
    When I clicked Customize it said something about connecting to the vehicle
    to see available options or something like that , then it did nothing .
    Only thing that seemed to work was the readiness test .

PS =
    I emailed you at that email you posted ...

My Cars
    745LI
    I still have not received a reply from you ????

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
    I still have not received a reply from you ????
    Hey man, I have an email from you from Sept. 15th and I replied the same day. Did you email me again after that?

We currently have a beta version of the Android app with BMW compatibility: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
    But keep in mind the customizations are very experimental, so if something doesn't change the behavior of the car as you expect, return it to its old value before proceeding with other customizations.

My Cars
    745LI
    Hey man, I have an email from you from Sept. 15th and I replied the same day. Did you email me again after that?

We currently have a beta version of the Android app with BMW compatibility: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
    But keep in mind the customizations are very experimental, so if something doesn't change the behavior of the car as you expect, return it to its old value before proceeding with other customizations.
    yes I did email back with what you requested . I never received a reply from you or the Free test account .

My Cars
    2003 330cic
    Did you ever do e46 support?

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quick update here: our latest version (3.6) supports BMW-specific diagnostics for all BMW F-models and all E6x, E7x, E8x, and E9x except E83 and E85/86. So this includes the E65 that people were asking about earlier. No E46 though, sorry. The electronics in those is just too old and too proprietary. For a full support matrix for BMWs, see: www.caristaapp.com/bmw

Also, the app is available both on iOS and Android, in case there was any confusion due to the title of this thread.
    Last edited by todor; 11-21-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123