Thread: CVV Valve needs to be replaced - Indy mechanic on the North Shore(Wakefield) area?

My Cars
    2004 330xi

CVV Valve needs to be replaced - Indy mechanic on the North Shore(Wakefield) area?

Good Indy mechanic in North Shore(Wakefield) area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My CVV valve has all the signs it needs to be replaced(2004 330xi w/81K miles). I just got quoted $1,400 from the dealer(BMW Peabody) to replace the CVV and hoses attached to it. They also said a tech may recommend to replace other parts like the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, and disa valve. All of these items were quoted as $2,060 to replace by the dealer.

It's a pretty steep repair bill and I'm not mechanically inclined to DIY(I've seen videos on replacing the cvv) for risk of messing up my car.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good indy mechanic around Wakefield, MA to check with?

Thanks,

Mike

My Cars
    holy crap 1400 for the ccv. an indy would probably be around 500 id think. maybe a little more.

even if you arent mechanically inclined the valve cover gasket is easy to do. disa valve is easy too. ofhg is a little more involved.

this link will help you figure out whats leaking and if it needs to be replaced.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=882732