Thread: M52B28 for sale

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3

M52B28 for sale

I am not looking to part out at this point I would rather sell the whole thing together. In no hurry so if you need time to come up with cash let me know and we can work something out.

Bad news first. This engine has @ 205,000 on it. It needs a new valve cover gasket. I cleaned this with brake cleaner while I was looking it over so it doesn't look too bad. Trust me, it leaks in this corner.

I am at least the third owner of the car this came from and am currently swapping it out for a different engine. I am located in West Point, Virginia. Half way between Williamsburg and Richmond. I will be going to the Rolex next month so any interest from someone south of me, I can help with delivery.

Now the goodies:

I did do a compression test last week and all of the cylinders were in the same range, 190 to 200 psi. I was later informed that higher was not better but consistent is. I also do not know what the accuracy of the gauge was as it was from Harbor Freight but it did what we needed to find out. I am located at sea level. Cylinders were:
    195, 190, 190, 195, 195, and 200. pics in order:

I have S52 cams in here installed by Delta V Motorsports in Richmond. I have the M50 manifold conversion done.

I have a brand new Shark injector that has never been used. I bought it for this car and have never installed it so it is good to go. This was purchased from Turner and is set up for the cams and and M50 manifold with cai.

I have a set of long tube headers from Ireland engineering.

If it was the difference between selling it complete or parting out I would add this also: Euro housing from s54 and oil lines from the s54.

I am asking $1700 for all of this.
    Checking current pricing I found m50 manifold @ $70
    Kit at @$200
    Shark @$350
    Cams @$350
    Oil housing and lines @$400
    Long tube headers @$400
    Plus the engine and the work is done. If you need the exhaust piece to fab this in I have it also as I will be using a different section 1.
    THANKS FOR LOOKING!

I have this posted on Bimmerfest and R3V Limited. You can see the pictures there or email me at fstlnj29@gmail.com if interested and I will send them to you.

Engine pulled today, 12/30/12. Nothing was cut. MAF goes with this also. Basically whatever I don't need you get. PIcs up on R3V and Bimmerfest and e36 tech
    Last edited by Cobra1956; 12-30-2012 at 05:05 PM.

My Cars
    97 BMW 328is, 08' BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1956 View Post
    I am not looking to part out at this point I would rather sell the whole thing together. In no hurry so if you need time to come up with cash let me know and we can work something out.

Bad news first. This engine has @ 205,000 on it. It needs a new valve cover gasket. I cleaned this with brake cleaner while I was looking it over so it doesn't look too bad. Trust me, it leaks in this corner.

I am at least the third owner of the car this came from and am currently swapping it out for a different engine. I am located in West Point, Virginia. Half way between Williamsburg and Richmond. I will be going to the Rolex next month so any interest from someone south of me, I can help with delivery.

Now the goodies:

I did do a compression test last week and all of the cylinders were in the same range, 190 to 200 psi. I was later informed that higher was not better but consistent is. I also do not know what the accuracy of the gauge was as it was from Harbor Freight but it did what we needed to find out. I am located at sea level. Cylinders were:
    195, 190, 190, 195, 195, and 200. pics in order:

I have S52 cams in here installed by Delta V Motorsports in Richmond. I have the M50 manifold conversion done.

I have a brand new Shark injector that has never been used. I bought it for this car and have never installed it so it is good to go. This was purchased from Turner and is set up for the cams and and M50 manifold with cai.

I have a set of long tube headers from Ireland engineering.

If it was the difference between selling it complete or parting out I would add this also: Euro housing from s54 and oil lines from the s54.

I am asking $1700 for all of this.
    Checking current pricing I found m50 manifold @ $70
    Kit at @$200
    Shark @$350
    Cams @$350
    Oil housing and lines @$400
    Long tube headers @$400
    Plus the engine and the work is done. If you need the exhaust piece to fab this in I have it also as I will be using a different section 1.
    THANKS FOR LOOKING!

I have this posted on Bimmerfest and R3V Limited. You can see the pictures there or email me at fstlnj29@gmail.com if interested and I will send them to you.

Engine pulled today, 12/30/12. Nothing was cut. MAF goes with this also. Basically whatever I don't need you get. PIcs up on R3V and Bimmerfest and e36 tech

Hi, Still have the motor?

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Psssst..... Look at the date the ad was posted.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun